Variety's Awards Circuit is home to the official predictions for the upcoming Oscars and Emmys ceremonies from film awards editor Clayton Davis. Following history, buzz, news, reviews and sources, the Oscar and Emmy predictions are updated regularly with the current year's list of contenders in all categories. Variety's Awards Circuit Prediction schedule consists of four phases, running all year long: Draft, Pre-Season, Regular Season and Post Season. The eligibility calendar and dates of awards will determine how long each phase lasts and is subject to change.
Welcome to THE HUB, the main page to access all the individual prediction categories and commentary for the upcoming Academy Awards, Emmys and more. You can also visit the archives of previous awards years.
To see all the latest predictions, of all the categories, in one place, visit
THE OSCARS COLLECTIVE
Visit each category, per the individual awards show from
THE OSCARS HUB
Revisit the prediction archive of the 2021 season
Link to television awards is at
THE EMMYS HUB
UPDATED: May 6, 2021
2022 Academy Awards Predictions
- Best Picture
- Best Director
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Supporting Actor
- Best Supporting Actress
- Best Original Screenplay
- Best Adapted Screenplay
- Best Animated Feature
- Best Production Design
- Best Cinematography
- Best Costume Design
- Best Film Editing
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling
- Best Sound
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Original Score
- Best Original Song
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best International Feature
- Best Animated Short
- Best Documentary Short
- Best Live-Action Short
Awards Circuit (Film Column) Archives
- Oscars 2022: First Blind Predictions Include the Return of Big Studios and Streamers Seeking Gold – (Apr. 29, 2021)
Awards Circuit (TV Column) Archives
- Coming soon!
2022 Golden Globes Predictions (Film)
- Motion Picture – Drama
- Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
- Motion Picture – Foreign Language
- Motion Picture – Animated
- Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama)
- Actor in a Motion Picture (Comedy or Musical)
- Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama)
- Actress in a Motion Picture (Comedy or Musical)
- Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
- Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
- Director – Motion Picture
- Original Score
- Original Song
2022 SAG Awards Predictions (Film)
- Performance by an Ensemble in a Motion Picture
- Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role in a Motion Picture
- Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role in a Motion Picture
- Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
- Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
- Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture
About the Academy Awards (Oscars)
The Academy Awards, better known as the Oscars, is Hollywood’s most prestigious artistic award in the film industry. Since 1927, nominees and winners are selected by members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). 17 branches are represented within the near 10,000 person membership. The branches are actors, associates, casting directors, cinematographers, costume designers, directors, documentary, executives, film editors, makeup and hairstylists, marketing and public relations, members-at-large, members-at-large (artists’ representatives), music, producers, production design, short films and feature animation, sound, visual effects and writers.
About the Primetime Emmy Awards (Emmys)
The Primetime Emmy Awards, better known as the Emmys, is given out by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS). Since 1949, the awards recognize excellence in American primetime television programming. They are divided into three classes – Primetime Emmy Awards, the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards (honors artisan achievements) and the Primetime Engineering Emmy Awards (recognizes significant engineering and technological contributions). The typical eligibility period is between June 1 and May 31 of any given year. The Television Academy comprises over 25,000 members, representing 30 professional peer groups, including performers, directors, producers, art directors and various artisans and executives.
- The 73rd Emmy Awards are scheduled to air on Sunday, Sept. 19 at 8:00 pm est on CBS and on-demand on sister streamer Paramount Plus.
About the Golden Globes
The Golden Globes Awards, hosted by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, is held annually with 93 members since 1944. The group recognizes excellence in film and television across drama and comedy or musical categories. Damien Chazelle’s “La La Land” holds the record for the most awards won by a single film with seven. Milos Forman’s “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” and Alan Parker’s “Midnight Express” are next in line with six each. Robert Altman’s “Nashville” has the record for most nominations received by a film with 11 while Colin Higgins’ “Foul Play,” Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Godfather Part III” and Mike Nichols’ “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” share the record for receiving the most nominations and not winning a single award at seven.
- The dates for the 79th Golden Globes have yet to be announced.
About the SAG Awards
The Screen Actors Guild Awards, hosted by SAG-AFTRA, is an annual award show that has become one of the most important and key indicators for the Oscars. Four films have won the most SAG awards with three: 1999’s “American Beauty,” 2002’s “Chicago,” 2011’s “The Help” and 2017’s “Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri.” Three movies have been nominated for the most SAG awards with five: 1998’s “Shakespeare in Love,” “Chicago” and 2008’s “Doubt.”
- The dates for the 28th SAG Awards have yet to be announced.