Marilyn Manson plans to surrender to the Los Angeles Police Department for allegedly assaulting a videographer during a 2019 New Hampshire concert, Gilford, N.H. police chief Anthony Bean Burpee confirmed to Variety.
“Thanks to over 300,000 FB comments and shares (many besmirching our agency for even filing such charges), it has forced Mr. Warner to finally address his outstanding NH warrant, which will, in turn, allow the victim of the crime to have her say/day in Court in order to hopefully hold Mr. Warner accountable for his actions,” Burpee said in a statement.
Manson’s arrest warrant was first issued in Oct 8. 2019 following the Aug. 18, 2019 incident at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion where he allegedly spat on the videographer, who had been subcontracted by a New Hampshire-based company to video the concert. The Gilford Police Department then made the warrant public on Facebook on May 25, citing two counts of Class A misdemeanor simple assault. The warrant also noted that the alleged assaults are not sexual in nature.
Burpee said Gilford’s prosecutor is working toward sending the warrant to an LAPD detective, who will then contact Manson’s Los Angeles-based attorney to arrange for a time to turn himself in. If this happens in the next few weeks, Manson’s initial New Hampshire court appearance will likely be mid-August. He added that if the videographer is looking to pursue a civil suit, it will run separately from the criminal investigation. Manson’s lawyer did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.
Manson also faces a federal lawsuit accusing him of sexual assault and battery and violating the federal anti-trafficking law, which was filed by actress Esmé Bianco. Official action against Manson came after multiple women came forward in February, including Bianco and Evan Rachel Wood, about allegedly enduring psychological and sexual abuse by Manson. Manson has denied the allegations, but was dropped by his manager, agency and record label following the accusations.