×

ProgramBuyer to Launch Free Virtual Content Showcase

Online screening portal ProgramBuyer will launch a free digital service uniting buyers and sellers affected by the cancellation of MipTV.

From March 30, those now unable to meet physically will be able to access the new “Mip Releases” section on the ProgramBuyer portal. Any distributor, including ProgramBuyer subscribers and non-subscribers, will be able to access new content that would have otherwise launched in Cannes during MipTV.

Information, including digital program catalogues and screeners, is being uploaded on individual distributor branded pages, with a clear search function. ProgramBuyer already has more than 75,000 hours of content from 125 buyers in their system.

The portal’s existing clients who will use the new feature include Red Arrow Studios International and Beyond Distribution, while distributors trying the service for the first time include France tv distribution, Mediterraneo Mediaset España Group and Canamedia.

Julia Schulte, SVP international sales at France tv distribution, said: “We are experiencing high demand for existing content at present and busy servicing deals, so this new function will also save us time, as it allows buyers to screen at their own convenience and then contact us directly to discuss titles that are of interest.”

“The swift addition of this new feature will help ensure that all the new programming that would have launched in Cannes can still be promoted, supplementing the ongoing marketing efforts of the distributors’ teams,” said ProgramBuyer co-founder Roz Parker.

The MipTV global content market was due to run March 28-April 2 before the coronavirus pandemic forced its cancellation. MipTV Online Plus, the market’s premium online service will also be available from March 30 and is free to all registered clients of MipTV, MipDoc and MipFormats.

ProgramBuyer.com is a free service for buyers. It does not get involved in the transaction or take a sales commission, with buyers and distributors dealing directly with each other offline.

More Biz

  • CBS This Morning Ed Sullivan Theater

    'CBS This Morning' Team Anchors From Home Because of Coronavirus Precautions

    “CBS This Morning” has opted to keep its three anchors working from home in light of the expanding coronavirus crisis in New York. Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil anchored the show from their respective homes on Monday. King told viewers at the top of the 7 a.m.-9 a.m. ET broadcast that the move [...]

  • Spanish tenor Placido Domingo during the

    Opera Singer Plácido Domingo Hospitalized with Coronavirus

    Spanish opera singer Plácido Domingo has been hospitalized in Acapulco, Mexico, for coronavirus. “He is doing well and is responding to treatment,” Domingo’s spokesperson told CNN on Sunday. On March 22, the 79-year-old Domingo revealed via his Facebook page that he had tested positive for COVID-19. “I beg everyone to be extremely careful, follow the basic [...]

  • Mergers and Deals Placeholder

    Tegna Confirms Two Acquisition Offers Withdrawn Amid Coronavirus Upheaval

    Tegna confirmed Sunday that two suitors for the station group have recently withdrawn acquisition offers, citing the upheaval in the broader marketplace caused by the coronavirus crisis. Tegna’s statement is the company’s first acknowledgement that it has received four unsolicited acquisition offers in recent weeks. Two of those have since been withdrawn while the other [...]

  • Prince Harry and Meghan Duchess of

    President Trump Says Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Must Pay for Own Security

    After moving to the U.S. and leaving the royal family behind, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle must now pay for their own security team, according to President Trump. Before recently relocating to the U.S., the couple had been living in Canada under the watch and protection of British security and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. [...]

  • Donald Trump Anthony Fauci

    Trump Boasts of Coronavirus TV Ratings as Fauci Warns: 200,000 People Could Die in U.S.

    UPDATE: President Donald Trump announced in a press conference Sunday afternoon that the country’s social distancing guidelines have been extended to April 30 and that the peak death rate will hit in two weeks. “Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before the victory has been won. Therefore we will be extending our guidelines to April [...]

  • Queen Elizabeth

    Queen Elizabeth's Footman Diagnosed with Coronavirus (Report)

    Coronavirus remains firmly in the royal orbit as one of Queen Elizabeth’s footmen has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19. The royal footman, who regularly walks the Queen’s dogs and was in regular contact with the monarch, is now in self-isolation after falling ill with coronavirus, according to British tabloid The Sun. The revelation comes just [...]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content