The bug slipped into the 1.1 patch. Respawn suggested players refrain from buying or crafting items until the issue was resolved. It took the developer roughly four hours to deploy a fix.
In a Reddit post, Respawn said the update unintentionally moved some players to the wrong servers, making it look like their accounts had reset and their progression was lost. Fortunately, their information was safe and sound. Respawn temporarily shut down all live servers so it could move players back to their correct servers. Everything players did or bought in “Apex Legends” up until the 1.1 Patch should be restored. Additionally, the studio said any in-game purchases made between the update going live and the bug fix will be reverted, including levels earned, items unlocked, and packs opened. Any currency bought, spent or not, will be carried back over to their original account state, the developer said. That means if a player purchased $20 worth of coins and spent $18, they will get $20 after the fix.
The 1.1 Patch adds a number of quality of life improvements to the game, including the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After a match, players will see buttons in the lobby for the last two people they teamed with and can send invites there. The update also brings additional anti-cheating measures, better collision to turrets on supply ships, stability fixes for all platforms, and more. You can see the full patch notes below.
Popular on Variety
Quality of Life:
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to running out of memory or CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
Jump Pad Phase Walk Interactions:
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.