×

‘Fire Emblem Heroes’ Revenue Reaches $400 Million Worldwide

Nintendo’s free-to-play tactical role-playing game “Fire Emblem Heroes” surpassed $400 million in player spending on iOS and Android, according to market intelligence company Sensor Tower.

The game now has a commanding lead over other mobile Nintendo titles. Its revenue is now more than six times greater than “Super Mario Run” and 9.5 times greater than “Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp,” Sensor Tower said. About 52% of this spending was on Google Play, while the remaining 48% was on the Apple App Store. Japanese players account for the majority of “Fire Emblem Heroes” revenue (56%), with the U.S. coming in second at 31%.

Although “Fire Emblem Heroes” is free-to-play, it includes a “gacha”-style monetization system where players can spend real money on orbs (the in-game currency) and use them to unlock random heroes and other quality of life items.

“‘Fire Emblem Heroes’ has been a consistent earner for Nintendo, grossing more than $20 million per month since launch on average,” said Sensor Tower head of mobile insights Randy Nelson. “Players spent more than $23 million in the game worldwide during June, its second highest earning month since launch — and its momentum doesn’t appear to be waning in the slightest.”

Nintendo’s mobile business was up slightly in the last fiscal quarter, according to an earnings report released on Tuesday. Smart devices and IP-related income reached nine billion yen, a 0.4% increase year-on-year. Nintendo plans to launch a new mobile RPG called “Dragalia Lost” this summer and a “Mario Kart” title by the end of this fiscal year, which ends in March.

More Gaming

  • Mortal Kombat

    New 'Mortal Kombat' Movie to Hit Theaters in 2021

    Warner Bros. has dated its new “Mortal Kombat” movie for March 5, 2021, with James Wan producing and Simon McQuoid directing. “Mortal Kombat” will do battle on its opening date with Sony Pictures’ fantasy adventure “Masters of the Universe,” which Noah Centineo will lead as the Most Powerful Man in the Universe. Pre-production on “Mortal [...]

  • CD Projekt Red Aims to Minimize

    CD Projekt Red Aims to Minimize Crunch for 'Cyberpunk 2077'

    Those in power at CD Projekt Red are promising less crunch on the upcoming “Cyberpunk 2077” in a recent interview with Kotaku, released Friday. Marcin Iwiński, CD Projekt Red’s co-founder, and Adam Badowski, the studio head and director of the game acknowledged that crunch, meaning mandatory overtime, is something they want to avoid while also [...]

  • E3

    Activision, EA Both Forgo E3 Show Floor Presence For 2019

    Major games publishers Activision and Electronic Arts have opted out of maintaining a booth at this year’s E3, as can be seen on the official floor plan for the upcoming event. Both Activision and Electronic Arts (EA) will still be at the event but will have meeting rooms not booths at E3, the annual event [...]

  • Full Sail to Open Largest On-Campus

    Full Sail to Open Largest On-Campus Esports Arena Next Week

    Full Sail University plans to open what it’s calling “the largest on-campus collegiate esports arena in the U.S.” next week, it announced on Friday. Dubbed “The Fortress,” the new arena will be home to Armada, Full Sail’s varsity esports team. Its official opening and a ribbon cutting ceremony will take place the week of May [...]

  • 'Rick and Morty' Getting a D&D

    'Rick and Morty' Getting a D&D Tabletop Game This Fall

    “Rick and Morty” is getting the Dungeons & Dragons treatment later this year in a new tabletop adventure, Wizards of the Coast announced Friday. “Dungeons & Dragons vs Rick and Morty: Tabletop Roleplaying Game Adventure” will include everything those looking to dive into D&D will need to get started. D&D partnered up with Adult Swim [...]

  • 'Rainbow Six Siege' Teases a Stylish

    'Rainbow Six Siege' Teases a Stylish New Operator

    Ubisoft is teasing the start of “Rainbow Six Siege’s” Year 4 Season 2 by giving fans a sneak peek at some of the operators coming to the online tactical shooter. The latest teaser is for a dapper looking defender named Collinn “Warden” McKinley. “Hailing from the state of Kentucky, McKinley rose through the ranks of [...]

  • Minecon 2019 Bringing Community Panels, Biome

    Minecon 2019 Bringing Community Panels, Biome Vote in September

    Minecon is returning in September, and this year “Minecraft” fans can again watch from home, as revealed in a teaser trailer for the event released on Friday. The humorous trailer, shown above, is worth a watch, as the mobs of “Minecraft” are, well, less than interested in promoting the upcoming event. Minecon is a celebration [...]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content