Two new categories have been added to the 2017 Emmy Awards race: Music supervision and casting in a reality series.
The decision was made Thursday night during a meeting of the Television Academy’s board of governors.
Among the other changes approved was the split of cinematography for a single-camera series into two sub-categories, for hourlong and half-hour series.
- Outstanding Interactive Program (Existing category award)
- Outstanding Original Interactive Program (New category award)
- Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within A Scripted Program (New category award)
- Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within An Unscripted Program (New category award)
- Outstanding Innovation In Interactive Programming (New juried award)
More expansive changes were announced last year, including the addition of several categories recognizing short-form series, as well as the expansion of the Creative Arts Emmys into two awards shows.
A full list of the rules changes will be available at the Emmys website.