In the wake of sexual harassment allegations, Bill O’Reilly has been dropped by his literary agency, WME. This news comes on the heels of the ending of his relationship with his talent agency, UTA, earlier this week.
In a statement to Variety, WME said, “We no longer represent Bill O’Reilly for future deals. It is our fiduciary responsibility to service the existing deals we have under contract, but we will not be working with him moving forward.”
O’Reilly is the author of seven books in his “Killing” series, including the most recent “Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence.”
The former Fox News anchor has recently come under renewed criticism after news broke that 21st Century Fox had renewed his contract right after paying a $32 million settlement.
He was fired by Fox News in April following a New York Times report that he had been involved in settlements of harassment and sexual harassment claims with five women totaling $13 million, dating back to 2002. On Saturday, the Times reported that O’Reilly personally reached a settlement in January with former Fox News legal analyst, Lis Wiehl, for $32 million, a fee far larger than previously disclosed settlements. In February, Fox News set a long-term contract with O’Reilly that included a huge salary boost, to $25 million a year from around $20 million under his previous deal.
Talent agency UTA had informed O’Reilly that it would not be renewing his contract when his deal expires at the end of 2017, according to a person familiar with the matter. “Bill has already lined up alternative representation,” said Mark Fabiani, a spokesman for O’Reilly.
Fabiani had no comment on the WME decision.