×

Oliver Stone Accused of Groping Former Playboy Model in ’90s

After coming to disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein’s defense, Oliver Stone is now facing a sexual assault allegation of his own.

Former Playboy model Carrie Stevens has accused the renowned director of groping her at a party 26 years ago.

Stevens wrote in a Facebook post that Weinstein and Stone are “two of a kind.” Stevens, who was Playboy’s Playmate of the Month in June 1997 and has had small acting roles since then, said the filmmaker grabbed her breast at a party.

“I was only 22 years old. Oliver walked past me and grabbed my boob as he waltzed out the front door of a party,” the now 48-year-old wrote on Thursday.

“I still remember the cocky grin on his face like he got away with something,” she added. “These douchebags are not above the law, and they should be held to the same standard as every other man. It’s common decency NOT to grab boobs, pu–ies (like our President does) … or any other body part of another, uninvited. They should go back to preschool, because they must’ve missed the lesson … ‘keep your hands to yourself.'”

The model told the Daily News that she was at an event held in Stone’s honor at producer Ted Field’s home when the director “reached out and … honked it like a horn.”

Stevens said she’s likely not his only victim.

“If they do it to one, they’ll do it to as many as they can get away with,” she said.

Stevens appeared on “Days of Our Lives” and “Beverly Hills, 90210” in the early 1990s. More recently, she’s had guest roles on “Two and a Half Men” and “Jake in Progress.”

The accusation follows Stone’s controversial remarks at the Busan International Film Festival, where he heads the jury, about the Weinstein scandal. Weinstein has been accused of sexual misconduct toward women, including rape, spanning decades.

“I’m a believer that you wait until this thing gets to trial,” the director said on Thursday. “I believe a man shouldn’t be condemned by a vigilante system. It’s not easy what he’s going through, either. He was a rival and I never did business with him. I’ve heard horror stories on everyone in the business. So, I’m not going to comment on that. I’ll wait and see, which is the right thing to do.”

He later clarified his comments and cut ties to the series “Guantanamo” due to the involvement of the Weinstein Company.

“I’ve been traveling for the last couple of days and wasn’t aware of all the women who came out to support the original story in the New York Times,” Stone said in a statement issued on Friday. “After looking at what has been reported in many publications over the last couple of days, I’m appalled and commend the courage of the women who’ve stepped forward to report sexual abuse or rape.”

Reps for Stone did not respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

More Film

  • BOTM-Eve-Viper-Gang

    Director Angus Gibson: My Audience is ‘Young, Black South Africans’

    DURBAN–Sophiatown, 1958. On the outskirts of Johannesburg, as the apartheid police prepare to demolish the community at the heart of black South African cultural and intellectual life, a notorious gang leader is determined to make a last stand. Resisting the forced evictions that will transport the residents of Sophiatown to a desolate township miles away, [...]

  • marvel

    Marvel Phase 4 Plan Revealed, But Comic-Con’s Big Winner is Disney Plus

    In a triumphant return to the San Diego Comic-Con main stage, leadership at Marvel Studios managed some splashy surprises and showed off risky creative bets for the next two years of content coming from the superhero operation. But the biggest takeaway from the Saturday presentation inside Hall H was how important Marvel will make Disney [...]

  • Florence Pugh, O. T. Fagbenle, Rachel

    'Black Widow': Scarlett Johansson and Florence Pugh Go Head-to-Head in First Footage

    Marvel’s “Black Widow” has only been in production for a month, but studio president Kevin Feige still delivered the goods for fans at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday. Filmmakers brought an intense sizzle reel of on-location shots, kicked off by a dazzling and bone-crushing fight sequence between lead Scarlett Johansson and her on-screen sister Florence [...]

  • Natalie Portman Thor

    Natalie Portman Returns for 'Thor: Love and Thunder' as Female Thor

    Natalie Portman is coming back to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but she’s no one’s love interest this time around. The Oscar winner will play a female god of thunder in the fourth film from the Chris Hemsworth series, titled “Thor: Love and Thunder.” Portman hit the stage at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday to great [...]

  • Fantastic Four

    New 'Fantastic Four' Movie in Development at Marvel

    Marvel is going back to the Fantastic Four. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige announced that a new movie based on the superhero group is in the works at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday. Further details, however, including a release date, were not revealed. It marks the first Fox property for Disney to mine since the [...]

  • Mahershala AliMarvel Studios panel, Comic-Con International,

    Mahershala Ali to Star in Marvel's 'Blade' Reboot

    Marvel is rebooting the “Blade” series, and has cast Mahershala Ali to star. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige announced the news at Comic-Con on Saturday as the panel’s big ending surprise. Ali also took the stage at the announcement to massive applause, donning the Blade baseball cap. Wesley Snipes previously played the half-vampire superhero in [...]

  • Doctor Strange

    'Doctor Strange' Sequel Billed as First MCU Horror Film at Comic-Con

    A sequel to “Doctor Strange” was announced as expected on Saturday at Marvel’s Comic-Con panel — what we didn’t see coming was the tone. Director Scott Derrickson said the film, titled “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” will mine the original comics and play up “the gothic, the horror.” Derrickson said it will lead [...]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content