×

Disney CEO Bob Iger weighed in on the sexual harassment allegations against media mogul Harvey Weinstein.

“Harvey Weinstein’s reported behavior is abhorrent and unacceptable, and it has no place in our society,” Iger said in a statement obtained by Variety on Tuesday.

The Walt Disney Company owned Weinstein’s Miramax from 1993 to 2005. Disney said it was “unaware of any complaints, lawsuits or settlements” regarding Weinstein’s sexual behavior while Miramax’s was owned by Disney, according to the New York Times. Weinstein left Disney in 2005 to found the Weinstein Company, where he was recently ousted following the New York Times misconduct bombshell.

In Disney’s statement to the Times, the company said Weinstein and his brother, Bob Weinstein, “operated and managed their business with virtual autonomy” during their tenure there.

Michael Eisner, who ran Disney while the Weinsteins operated Miramax there, responded to the allegations earlier on Tuesday. “Fired Weinsteins because they were irresponsible, and Harvey was an incorrigible bully. Had no idea he was capable of these horrible actions,” he wrote on Twitter.

On Tuesday, the New Yorker published a devastating article alleging Weinstein raped three women. The news follows the New York Times’ original investigation last Thursday, which detailed three decades of sexual harassment allegations against Weinstein. Since, dozens of women including Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Heather Graham have come forward with their accounts of Weinstein’s sexual assault and harassment.