×
You will be redirected back to your article in seconds

Three More Men Accuse Kevin Spacey of Sexual Misconduct

As the fallout continues following Anthony Rapp’s initiation allegation against Kevin Spacey, three more men have gone public to BuzzFeed and accused the actor of varying degrees of sexual misconduct.

Justin Dawes told the publication that, when he was 16 and Spacey was 29, Spacey invited him and a friend over to his apartment to watch “Chinatown” after they met at a performance of a play Spacey was performing in at the time. Once he was there, however, Dawes alleged that Spacey instead made them cocktails and played pornography on the television.

While Dawes said the situation was “sleazy and manipulative,” he said it was not “intimidating or pushy.”

“We all had a drink, and we were kind of like, ‘Oh, no one else is coming?’ And he’s like, ‘Oh, no one else decided to come,’ and he never mentioned that this porn was playing,” Dawes said. “It was really awkward.”

Another accuser — a journalist who chose to remain anonymous — said he interviewed Spacey in the early 2000s and while all was normal while they were in the actor’s office at the Old Vic theater, Spacey invited him out to a club afterward. There, the journalist alleged, Spacey began groping him, reaching between his legs and grabbing his genitals. The journalist said he told Spacey that he was in a serious relationship with a woman and, when he tried to leave the club, Spacey was furious

“This man was screaming in my face outside of the main bar area, red-faced, spit flying out of his mouth, screaming at me with fury because I didn’t want to f— him,” he described. “He was actually saying that I did want to and I was a coward. That was his tactic. It was unbelievable.”

The journalist went on to say that he didn’t run a story about his sexual misconduct because he didn’t want to out Spacey as a gay man. He felt empowered to speak out only after Rapp went public.

Another accuser, Mark Ebenhoch, said that, while he was on the set of 1995 film “Outbreak,” Spacey often had a group of young men who would hang out in his trailer. One day, Ebenhoch said, he was approached by one of Spacey’s assistants, who asked him to come to Spacey’s trailer.

“They asked flat out to engage in a sexual act. It was enough to stun me. It blew me away,” Ebenhoch told BuzzFeed.

The three new accusers add to the long list of men to come out against Spacey since “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Rapp said on Oct. 29 that Spacey made a pass at him when he was 14 years old. Since that story broke, Netflix has suspended production of “House of Cards” Season 6 (and is considering killing off his character, Frank Underwood), the Scotland Yard has opened an investigation into an alleged assault by Spacey, and CAA and publicist Staci Wolfe have parted ways with the actor.

More Biz

  • Davan Maharaj Mel Gibson

    L.A. Times Publisher's Lawyer Was Accused of Extorting Mel Gibson

    The attorney who negotiated a $2.5 million exit package for L.A. Times publisher Davan Maharaj was previously accused of using secret recordings to extort actor Mel Gibson. Surreptitious recordings also figure in the Maharaj case. NPR reported on Wednesday that Maharaj taped Tronc chairman Michael Ferro. According to the report, Ferro was heard on the [...]

  • 'Blurred Lines' Suit Ends With $5

    'Blurred Lines' Suit Ends With $5 Million Judgement Against Robin Thicke, Pharrell Williams

    After five years, the legal battle over the copyright of the Robin Thicke’s 2013 hit “Blurred Lines” has ended, with Marvin Gaye’s family being awarded a final judgment of nearly $5 million against the song’s primary writers, Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams, according to CNN and other reports. The pair were accused of copyright infringement [...]

  • WME Veteran Ari Greenburg Promoted to

    WME Veteran Ari Greenburg Promoted to President of Talent Agency

    WME veteran Ari Greenburg, one of the original Endeavor staffers who helped build the talent agency that became an industry powerhouse, has been promoted to president. Greenburg will oversee all daily operations across WME and its offices in Beverly Hills, New York, Nashville, London and Sydney. The promotion recognizes the role that Greenburg has played [...]

  • Alison Wenham Steps Down as CEO

    Alison Wenham Steps Down as CEO of WIN

    After 12 years at the helm of the Worldwide Independent Network, a global trade organization for the independent music industry, Alison Wenham is stepping down as Chief Executive, it was announced today. Prior to joining WIN full time in 2016 Alison was CEO of The Association of Independent Music (AIM), which she started in 1999. [...]

  • Leslie Moonves

    Leslie Moonves Quietly Exits AFI and Paley Center Boards

    Leslie Moonves, the ousted CEO of CBS Corp. who has been accused of sexual misconduct by several women, is no longer serving on the boards of trustees of the American Film Institute and the Paley Center for Media. For now, Moonves retains his seat on the board of gaming company ZeniMax Media. The appointments on [...]

  • DOJ Indicts Five in Piracy Ring

    Department of Justice Indicts Five in International Piracy Ring

    Five men were indicted Wednesday on charges that they hacked into the servers of production companies, and stole hundreds of films and TV shows, including “50 Shades of Grey” and “The Walking Dead.” The men are based in four countries — the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, and India. Only one has been [...]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content