Longtime Boston television journalist Heather Unruh has accused Kevin Spacey of sexually assaulting her son at a Nantucket, Mass., bar last summer.
During a press conference Wednesday, Unruh, former news anchor for ABC affiliate WCVB, said Spacey provided her 18-year-old son with numerous drinks before reaching down his pants and grabbing his genitals. Her son told Spacey he was 21, Unruh said.
“I want to see Kevin Spacey go to jail,” Unruh told reporters. “I want to see Kevin Spacey have the hand of justice come down on him, not just for my son but for the many others who have yet to speak their truth.”
Variety has reached out to Spacey’s reps for comment.
Unruh said an unidentified woman witnessed the incident and “told him to run” when Spacey went to the bathroom.
Shortly after the alleged event occurred last summer, Unruh said she informally spoke with the Nantucket sheriff and only officially reported the matter last week. The Nantucket police are now conducting an investigation, she said.
Mitchell Garabedian, Unruh’s son’s lawyer, attended the news conference and said Spacey was within the statute of limitations for both civil and criminal claims. Garabedian said he is conducting his own investigation.
Unruh first alluded to the incident in a tweet Oct 13. “The #weinsteinscandal has emboldened me— #truth time. I was a Kevin Spacey fan until he assaulted a loved one. Time the dominoes fell,” she wrote.
Since Anthony Rapp came forward on Oct. 29 to accuse Spacey of sexual misconduct 31 years ago, multiple allegations have continued to surface. In wake of the news, Netflix has suspended production of the sixth and final season of “House of Cards” and announced Spacey was cut from the show. The streaming giant also announced it would cancel the Gore Vidal biopic, “Gore,” which Spacey was set to star in. He was also dropped from his talent agency, CAA.