The Mouse House’s reboot of venerated Gen Y cartoon “DuckTales” drew a bit of skepticism when it was announced. But Disney has just revealed the voice cast for the upcoming animated comedy, and it’s stacked with just about everyone the internet loves. Perhaps sensing this, Disney unveiled the main cast via a video of them all singing the “DuckTales” theme song, which you can watch above or on YouTube.
The voice cast consists of:
- David Tennant (“Doctor Who”) as Scrooge McDuck
- Danny Pudi (“Community”) as Huey
- Ben Schwartz (“Parks and Recreation”) as Dewey
- Bobby Moynihan (“Saturday Night Live”) as Louie
- Beck Bennett (“SNL”) as Launchpad McQuack
- Toks Olagundoye (“Castle”) as Mrs. Beakley
- Kate Micucci (“Garfunkel and Oates”) as Webby Vanderquack
Other Duckburg denizens will appear in the series, including Disney’s Ur-water fowl Donald Duck, Duckworth, Gizmoduck, and villain fixtures Magica De Spell and the Beagle Boys.
“DuckTales” will premiere in summer 2017 on Disney XD. The series is produced by Disney Television Animation, with Annie Award nominee Matt Youngberg (“Ben 10: Omniverse”) serving as executive producer. The story editor and co-producer is Francisco Angones (Disney XD’s Emmy Award-nominated “Wander Over Yonder”) and the art director is Sean Jimenez (Disney XD’s Annie Award-winning “Gravity Falls”).