×

A Chinese-owned Airbus A330 plane has been repainted with Mickie and Minnie Mouse designs ahead of the opening of the Shanghai Disney Resort theme park in June.

The new décor follows the signing by SDR and China Eastern Airlines of a long term partnership, which makes the airline the park’s official sponsor and presenting sponsor of the Dumbo The Flying Elephant attraction.

The airline will also redecorate another plane with images from Enchanted Storybook Castle, but says it has plans to repaint more. They will primarily fly on routes to and from Shanghai.

The company is one of the world’s largest airlines with 401 planes currently in service. “China Eastern Airlines will transport millions of guests to Shanghai every year, as well as provide their passengers and Shanghai Disney Resort Guests with exciting promotional opportunities,” said SDR’s GM, Philippe Gas. The agreement also gives China Eastern co-branding opportunities at the airports and on the themed planes.

The park is set to open on June 16, 2016.

SDR is a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and Shanghai Shendi Group comprised of two owner companies (Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited and Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited) and a management company (Shanghai International Theme Park and Resort Management Company Limited).

Shanghai Shendi Group holds 57% of the shares and Disney holds the remaining 43% of shares in the owner companies. Disney has a 70% stake and Shanghai Shendi Group has a 30% stake in the joint venture management company.