Seven entertainment figures will be recognized for their philanthropic work, including:
- Halle Berry; Creative Conscience Award for her work with the Jenessee Center, a domestic violence intervention and prevention program
- Ewan McGregor; International Humanitarian Award for his work with UNICEF UK, an organization promoting the rights and well-being of children
- Lauren and Aaron Paul; unite2gether Award for their work with the Kind Campaign, a documentary and school campaign working to end girl-against-girl bullying
- P!nk, who will also perform at the event; Music Visionary Award for her work with No Kid Hungry, a campaign to end childhood hunger
- Josh Hutcherson; Young Humanitarian Award, for his work with Straight But Not Narrow, an LGBT ally organization for straight youth and young adults
- Christina Applegate; Saint Vintage Love Cures Award, for her work with Right Action for Women, her breast cancer awareness and action foundation
The event serves as a preview of the conference4:change, hosted by unite4:good, Variety and the University of Southern California’s Media Institute for Social Change at USC on Mar. 14. The conference bring together media figures including writers, directors, musicians, producers, actors and industry executives for discussion aimed at creating action for positive change.
“The mission of unite4:good is to empower people to give back and contribute to their communities through acts of kindness and service. Unite4:humanity will honor exemplary community heroes, and also recognize leaders in the entertainment arena who have used their influential voices for good while making a personal commitment to service,” said unite4:good founder Anthony Melikhov. “The entertainment industry has the most powerful reach of any in the world, and through this event and the conference4:change, we hope to inspire the industry to use its collective creative voice to highlight social causes, develop more avenues for positive content and truly unite to make a difference around the globe.”
Popular on Variety
UG4 Group is the presenting sponsor of unite4:humanity, with premiere sponsors including Champagne Piper-Heidsieck and Saint Vintage and official sponsors including Jet Edge International.