Fox Audience Strategy has chosen 10 finalists from a pool of 400 nominees for its third annual Fox Writers Intensive, the company’s talent incubator designed to nurture writers with diverse backgrounds.
The group will spend 14 weeks working with Fox writers, showrunners, directors and creative execs. The top candidates will be considered for TV, film and digital productions, and will receive first-look deals on their original scripts.
Here are 2014’s FWI writers:
• Nazrin Choudhury (ICM/Silver Lake Entertainment)
• Tze Chun (pictured above, WME)
• Nate Clark (Independent)
• Sonay Hoffman (Kaplan Stahler/Scripted World)
• Johanna Lee (Scripted World)
• Bernadette Rivero (Circle of Confusion)
• Kevin Seccia (The Gersh Agency/Gotham Group)
• Gabby Revilla (Morris Yorn Barnes Levine Krintzman Rubenstein & Kohner, P.C.)
• Debby Wolfe (ICM)
• Ed Gonzalez & Jeremy Haft (Summit Talent and Literary Agency/Luber Roklin Management)
Writers and producers Hart Hanson (“Bones”), Glen Mazzara (“The Walking Dead”) and Jessica Sharzer (“American Horror Story: Coven”) comprise this year’s FWI host committee that will introduce the finalists.
Launched in 2011 and administered by the non-profit arts org Film Independent, FWI consists of a four-month curriculum focused on developing original content, strengthening writing skills and exploring the entertainment biz. Writers will receive feedback on their scripts through master classes and discuss case studies of their films and TV shows during guest speaker sessions.
One FWI finalist will be named a Fellow upon completion of the program and be awarded either a purchase and development deal on an original script or a first-look deal from Fox Broadcasting Company. Another finalist will be able to pitch an original script to HarperCollins.