Comedian, ‘Seinfeld’ Actor John Pinette Dies at 50

Comedian, 'Seinfeld' Actor John Pinette Dies
Rick Diamond/Getty

John Pinette, a comedian known for his stand-up career and an appearance in the “Seinfeld” series finale, was found dead in a Pittsburgh hotel room on Saturday, according to reports. He was 50.

No cause of death has been released yet, though he was suffering from liver and heart disease, according to several outlets. Authorities have no suspicion of foul play at this time.

Along with his appearance as a carjacking victim in “Seinfeld,” his other credits include “Junior” (1994), “The Punisher” (2004) and “The Last Godfather.” (2010) His last hourlong stand-up special was 2011’s “Still Hungry.” The comedian was known for often poking fun at himself, and he was noted in the comedy world for his self-deprecating style.

His television credits include “Parker Lewis Can’t Lose” and “Vinnie & Bobby.” He was also noted for his impressions, including those of The Chipmunks and Elvis Presley.

He was in the middle of a live comedy tour at the time of his death, with his next performance to take place at a California comedy club called Ontario Improv, according to his Facebook page. The tour had dates from April-June in the U.S. and Canada.

1. steven gardner says:

You are my favorite comedian,I seen every show you have done.I miss you and will continue to watch your master peace performances.This is the internet and I hope you see this message of love
    in the sky!
    LUV U.STEVEN.G.

2. Lela Shepherd says:

My husband and I always caught his show when he was appearing in Arizona. We will miss his humor, his smile and great laugh.

3. Very sad. The best comedians have always been those who see the defects of the world and themselves and make us laugh & relate -but such clear insight often has a heavy toll. I’ve noticed over the years that a disproportionate number of comedians die prematurely from a broken heart or cancer.

Jon -may your eternity be at the “Front of the line.”

4. Robyn Imirie says:

Loved him, made me laugh more than any one ever has or probably ever will. So sad I will miss his Facebook comments

5. Christy Coleman says:

This is heart breaking, I absolutely loved him! He would make me laugh so hard I’d about pee! Omg so sad….. The world just lost a very funny and great guy…

6. Paul says:

His DVD’s are a “Must Stock” in HMV stores. Extremely talented.You could tell he must have been a great human being as well. RIP

7. Todd says:

One of the best stand up comedians in the business. You will be missed.

8. The Kellys says:

You will be missed and remembered

9. Andrew A. says:

Goodnight, funnyman.

10. Max says:

Wow how sad… John was one of those very talented stand-up guys that never really got the exposure he deserved, I’d often google John see what he was up to and catch clips on YouTube.

11. He was a Comic that made you remember the style of Comedians made popular in the Catskils. Good clean material that everyone enjoyed. John tell them in Heaven “Get outta Line! I hope I’m at least half as funny as you were.

12. Margo Lion says:

John was a beloved member of our “Hairspray” family. He was a true original and an unforgettable big-hearted mother playing our own Edna Turnblad. We couldn’t believe our luck when we found him ready to slip into high heels and hide in a can. He is gone far too soon.

13. big daddy D says:

Loved watching his comedy. The “nay nay” comedian always made me crack up. But why the vidclip and cover pic from YEARS ago? He lost A LOT of weight way before he died. RIP, Mr. Pinette. Your humor will be missed by your many fans.

14. W.Sharp says:

The world is a little less brighter today with the loss of this spirited talented man! May he rest in peace- likely he’s already doing stand-up in heaven.

15. jeferylevy says:

I worked with John and loved the guy. We had some great dinners together.

16. john will be missed he was a funny comedian..”Get out of the line”!!

• Mike Graziano says:

My wife and I saw John 2 years ago in Atlantic City. We enjoyed this warm, fantastically funny man. His videos are great comedic classics. Rest in Peace and God Bless John.