Members of Original Cast to Appear in ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’

X-Men

Following the massive opening weekend for “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” the film’s writer Simon Kinberg is revealing some details about the next movie, “X-Men: Apocalypse” — and who will direct it.

Many fans were wondering if the original “X-Men” cast would appear again, as the franchise has been mostly focused on the younger generation of mutants recently. In an interview with The Daily Beast, Kinberg confirmed that the originals will indeed have a part in the next movie.

“It will focus primarily on the ‘First Class’ cast, but it will certainly have some of the original cast involved, too,” Kinberg said.

SEE ALSO: ‘X-Men’ Writer Simon Kinberg on How He Merged the Old with the New

While it’s widely been assumed that Bryan Singer will return to direct “X-Men: Apocalypse,” those plans have been subject to doubt due to the controversy that’s surrounded Singer as he’s been accused of sexual assault. However, Kinberg’s reply to the question of whether he’ll be back was a simple “That’s the plan.”

Kinberg stayed mum when asked about the accusations made toward Singer.

“Well, I don’t really want to speak on anything outside the movie, but I believe Bryan created the template for the modern superhero movie,” he said. “I remember where I was when I saw ‘X-Men,’ and I thought he redefined the way people made comic book films.”

X-Men: Days of Future Past” has dominated Memorial Day weekend with a $111 million domestic start and earning $302 million globally. “X-Men: Apocalypse” is set for May 27, 2016.

1. She should have been wonder woman

2. TONY says:

Are all these comments written by 11 year olds????

3. SLIM says:

I saw something and have to say Lupita is just a black woman as much as I have seen this ,and with Halles new Tv show I hope Halle returns as for Hugh Jackman he will probably play Wolverine for a while Im sick of Hugh Hugh Hugh they focus all the story on him when the X-Men are supposed to be a team ,friends.

4. Mike says:

It will “obviously have some of the original cast too”

Translation: It will have Hugh Jackman in it.

5. Leo says:

It seems that every1 is talking about replacing halle w/ lupita, I say HECK NO, halle still looks just as good as a 20-30 yr. old, in DOFP SHE LOOKED young, her imag could be portrayed in xmen apocalpse w/ her rocking short her, when I saw the ending I was so happy and praised The Lord JESUS CHRIST that they brought famke and James. Please don’t ruin a good superhero movie by replacing others like what they did with Spider-Man, the older movies with Tobey and Kirsten dunst, and even though voluntary quit replaced Christian bale to Ben affect, lupita is a good person but girl look else where, If Hugh jackman is in xmen apocalpse so should halle, famke, James, Ian and Patrick…. Amen

• MrFurious says:

The fact these crappy X-Men sequels and prequels keep making huge amounts of money proves that there is no God.

6. john says:

I dont want to see first class x men…they are in the past…we want the older x men in the next movie….the new time line

7. A. says:

Original Cast deserves another sequel just for theirself. Fox would be stupid not doing it, with its biggest cast ever

8. therealeverton says:

I thought this wasa said last week? Great news, although if we’re still not getting X4 that L Donner is always on about is like to see the “Originans” at least as involved as they were here.