Watch: ‘Godzilla’ First Clip Sets Up Monstrous Fight

Each reveal of the bigger Godzilla shows a badder monster.

The first clip from Warner Bros. and Legendary’s “Godzilla” reboot promises destruction from two fronts. The teaser not only shows the iconic scaly green lizard in its colossal glory but another flying reptile.

Gareth Edwards’ adventure, starring Bryan Cranston, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen, pits the Japanese monster against other predators, who are bolstered by scientific meddling to stop the lizard.

“The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control and not the other way around,” Ken Watanabe’s Dr. Ichiro Serizawa warns in the clip. “Let them fight.”

Like in the clip, the titular monster doesn’t rear its ugly head until late in the movie.

“[If] you throw everything you can at the screen, you’ve got nowhere else to go,” Edwards told Vulture about the pacing of the film. “It’s kind of like cinematic foreplay.”

The action unfolds in theaters on May 16.

1. GodzillaKOTM says:

I have to agree that as a child if you grew up on Godzilla movies you are one happy camper right now. From the moment i watched that M.U.T.O. break through the cloud cover I could see the care Edwards has taken to bring these monsters to life. Finally, the camp Godzilla is gone replaced by a vision of WHAT IF these massive nightmares roamed the Earth. For those of us who like the edge of realism with our fantasy this has been a long time coming and appears well worth the wait!

2. BillUSA says:

Until I just watched this trailer, my assumption was that the film would be just another Godzilla rampage. Then, the flying creature emerged from the clouds and my first thought was Rodan is back. I make no apologies for feeling a little geeked right now. I haven’t paid to see a movie at theaters since “Road To Perdition” debuted and I think the streak is gonna end with this one. I don’t care how good or bad the movie turns out, I’m gonna love the battle of these particular titans because the little boy in this 53-year-old looks forward to the latest in special effects treatment of creatures he once enjoyed watching in the 1960’s.

3. Harry Gunderson says:

I’m sorry but this looks laughable, right from the first scene of the trailer. Sandbags around a compound? What the hell is that supposed to do? And when it comes right down to it, a giant lizard stomping around while growling like a lion is pure comedy.

• RMW says:

When it comes down to it, the notion of a billionaire wearing a bat costume fighting off violent clowns and masked strongmen is pure comedy. Why aren’t they laughing more at the Nolan Batman films?

• RMW says:

@Nick
        Unless someone’s got a gun to your head, nobody is forcing you to watch mindless summer spectacles. Can you not watch something you don’t like? For example, I myself am not going to watch the upcoming X-men film. Is that somehow an impossibility for you?

While we’re at it, what constitutes ‘better movies’? Nolan’s Inception? I haven’t seen it (and not planning to either) but I’ve heard it’s got high acclaim. Apart from that, I’ve been getting some western classics lately (got High Plains Drifter, Josey Wales and John Wayne’s The Searchers thus far). Do they count?

• Nick says:

Mmmm because they’re morons? (people who can’t realize Nolan films are terrible and that the whole concept of superheroes should die a quick death)
        Make f—ing better movies! I’m sick and tired of this mindless summer spectacles for fat nerds who think liking something foreign makes you “kinda cool”.
        It doesn’t. You’re still a pathetic nerd with a terrible taste for entertainment.

• Khan says:

Well at least you apologized in advance for your bad opinion. I like people who are self-aware.

• Khan says:

@Nick

Yeah because it is people like you that movies should be made for. All the hate that you are filled with only movies can make you feel good it seems. Calm down once in a while and don’t think so highly of yourself. Because the day you realize what a dirty bug you are it is going to hit you hard.

• Khan says:

4. Joey1013 says:

Godzilla looks great in that scene. Look forward to movie.

5. F S N says:

Reblogged this on Global News Now.

6. Scott says:

Dr. Ken Watanabe is being played by Ichiro Serizawa. I love that guy.

7. Ils sont effectivement femmes ont pu immobilier
    deflandre montpellier utilisées pour certains plans d’eau incluant radio large et Let’s Make a avons parlé
    venu deux fils l’un causés par le

immobilier montpellier prestige

immobilier montpellier unik

immobilier montpellier terrasse

axe immobilier montpellier mas drevon

immobilier montpellier et sa région