Quentin Tarantino Confirms He’s Still Doing ‘The Hateful Eight’

quentin tarantino the hateful eight
Jerod Harris/Getty

Quentin Tarantino fans, rejoice: The director announced at Comic-Con that post-Civil War film “The Hateful Eight” is still happening.

“The Hateful Eight” has had a colorful life so far. Back in January, pages from the screenplay had leaked, and Gawker posted a story pointing to them. Tarantino filed a lawsuit against the media outlet (which was later dismissed, then refiled, then withdrawn) and declared that the western would not be his next film.

In April, however, he announced to a crowd at a reading of the “Hateful Eight” script that he was working on a second draft, with a third to come.

On Sunday at Comic-Con, a fan directly asked him at a panel if he was actually continuing with the once-scrapped project. According to Collider, after a pause, he answered, “Yeah — We’re going to be doing ‘The Hateful Eight.'”

At the time of the leak, the director said he gave the script out to only six people and was “very, very depressed.”

“I give it out to six people and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it,” he said.

If “Hateful Eight” is indeed Tarantino’s next project, it will follow “Django Unchained,” his 2012 western hit that nabbed two Academy Awards.

 

Filed Under:

Want to read more articles like this one? SUBSCRIBE TO VARIETY TODAY.
Post A Comment 3

Leave a Reply

3 Comments

Comments are moderated. They may be edited for clarity and reprinting in whole or in part in Variety publications.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More Film News from Variety

Loading