The charges were filed with the National Labor Relations Board, three days after the crew was dismissed by Ryan Seacrest Productions and Bravo Media.
The editors have been on strike since Sept. 10 in an effort to secure a union contract.
“Federal law protects employees’ right to organize, including their right to strike,” IATSE said. “It is a violation of the National Labor Relations Act for an employer to retaliate in any way against employees for their exercising their rights under the law.”
Bravo announced on Sept. 11 that it had indefinitely delayed the fourth season of the series, which had been set to begin airing Oct. 13. It has started airing a marathon of the third season.
Bravo announced on Sept. 26 that it has taken over production on its reality series “Shahs of Sunset” from Ryan Seacrest Prods. and fired the 16 editors seeking IATSE representation.
“If Bravo or Ryan Seacrest thinks that their problems go away because they announce that our editors have been fired, they’re sorely mistaken,” said Alan Heim, president of the Motion Picture Editors Guild, which operates as IATSE Local 700.
“This is no longer just a fight about whether this crew gets health and retirement benefits; it’s an unabashed attack on the right to organize,” he added. “We will fight back and we will win. No self-respecting editor is going to cut this show after this show cut their colleagues.”
A spokeswoman for Ryan Seacrest Prods. had no comment on the filing.