Prepping for its NickMom comedy block that scheduled to launch this fall, Nickelodeon has given a 26-episode order to a standup comedy series and moved several projects into development.
“NickMom Night Out” will offer parent-oriented laughs from such comedians as Judy Gold and Cory Kahaney.
Overall, more than 50 projects in development are in development for NickMom, which will air on Nick Jr. from 9-11 p.m. seven nights a week. Johnson & Johnson and Target have joined General Mills and Reckitt Benckiser (who signed on in 2011) as sponsors for the ad-supported block (in contrast to the ad-free content normally on Nick Jr.)
NickMom’s gestating projects include:
• a sketch/talk series with Caroline Rhea and Emily Cohen starring and exec producing.
• “It’s Nighttime with Annabelle Gurwitch,” a mom-oriented talkshow which Gurwitch is hosting and exec producing with Elyse Roth (“The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”)
• “The 5th Hour,” a scripted comedy that would feature comics as members of a morning news show, exec produced by Madeleine Smithberg (“The Daily Show”), Sarah North and Jordan Tilzer.
• “The Judi & Kate Show,” with real-life mom video bloggers, exec produced by Coolfire Prods.
• “Mommy Double,” a show that rewards moms with extra help around the house, exec produced by Magda Liolis and Eileen Braun.
• “Oblivious,” a trivia gameshow for unsuspecting contestants, exec produced by Scott Stone.
• “My 63 Moms.” in which comic Andrea Rosen travels the country to learn everything she can about parenthood, exec produced by Rosen, Linda Schaeffer and Barbara Kanowitz Small.
• “Road Mamas,” a reality series about three comedian moms and eight kids in one RV, exec produced by Chris Debeic and Triternal Studios.