Two (mainly) TV personalities have been granted guild gigs …
• Kelsey Grammer will host the Directors Guild of America Awards
ceremony Feb. 2 at the Dolby Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland.
• Nathan Fillion will host the Writers Guild of America Awards ceremony Feb. 17 at L.A. Live.
• Richard Gere, “Les Miserables” director Tom Hooper and “Life of Pi” composer Mychael Danna have joined the roll call of honorees at the Palm Springs International Film Festival gala Jan. 5.
• Daniel Day-Lewis will receive the Montecito Award from the Santa Barbara International Film Festival at a tribute Jan. 26.
• The career of director Pedro Almodovar was celebrated Thursday with an Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences retrospective in London.