Sabido acquires stake in Gaborone

Holding company buys 49% share

Sabido, the holding company of South Africa’s sole commercial broadcaster, E.TV, has acquired a 49% stake in neighboring Botswana’s first TV station, Gaborone Broadcasting Co.

The remaining 51% is held by Mile Klinck, a Botswana banker who acquired the general entertainment station four years ago. Launched 19 years ago, GBC covers the capital of Gaborone and surrounding areas.

More Scene

  • Ryan Murphy Pose

    Ryan Murphy on 'Showrunning as Advocacy' and the Post-Me Too 'Age of Enlightenment'

    Sabido, the holding company of South Africa’s sole commercial broadcaster, E.TV, has acquired a 49% stake in neighboring Botswana’s first TV station, Gaborone Broadcasting Co. The remaining 51% is held by Mile Klinck, a Botswana banker who acquired the general entertainment station four years ago. Launched 19 years ago, GBC covers the capital of Gaborone […]

  • 'The Sinner' film premiere

    Jessica Biel Closes Her Kid-Friendly Au Fudge Restaurant

    Sabido, the holding company of South Africa’s sole commercial broadcaster, E.TV, has acquired a 49% stake in neighboring Botswana’s first TV station, Gaborone Broadcasting Co. The remaining 51% is held by Mile Klinck, a Botswana banker who acquired the general entertainment station four years ago. Launched 19 years ago, GBC covers the capital of Gaborone […]

  • Comedy Converstion with L to R:

    Just for Laughs Festival Honors Tiffany Haddish, Hannah Gadsby, More

    Sabido, the holding company of South Africa’s sole commercial broadcaster, E.TV, has acquired a 49% stake in neighboring Botswana’s first TV station, Gaborone Broadcasting Co. The remaining 51% is held by Mile Klinck, a Botswana banker who acquired the general entertainment station four years ago. Launched 19 years ago, GBC covers the capital of Gaborone […]

  • Paul Krassner Memoir Illustration

    Paul Krassner on Resisting With Humor

    Sabido, the holding company of South Africa’s sole commercial broadcaster, E.TV, has acquired a 49% stake in neighboring Botswana’s first TV station, Gaborone Broadcasting Co. The remaining 51% is held by Mile Klinck, a Botswana banker who acquired the general entertainment station four years ago. Launched 19 years ago, GBC covers the capital of Gaborone […]

  • Just for Laughs Festival Montreal

    Just for Laughs Festival Is the Coachella of Comedy

    Sabido, the holding company of South Africa’s sole commercial broadcaster, E.TV, has acquired a 49% stake in neighboring Botswana’s first TV station, Gaborone Broadcasting Co. The remaining 51% is held by Mile Klinck, a Botswana banker who acquired the general entertainment station four years ago. Launched 19 years ago, GBC covers the capital of Gaborone […]

  • National Comedy Center Set To Open

    National Comedy Center Set To Open During Lucille Ball Fest

    Sabido, the holding company of South Africa’s sole commercial broadcaster, E.TV, has acquired a 49% stake in neighboring Botswana’s first TV station, Gaborone Broadcasting Co. The remaining 51% is held by Mile Klinck, a Botswana banker who acquired the general entertainment station four years ago. Launched 19 years ago, GBC covers the capital of Gaborone […]

  • Carter Hudson, John Singleton, Angela LewisFX's

    John Singleton on Disney-Fox Deal: 'You Gotta Let FX Be What It Is'

    Sabido, the holding company of South Africa’s sole commercial broadcaster, E.TV, has acquired a 49% stake in neighboring Botswana’s first TV station, Gaborone Broadcasting Co. The remaining 51% is held by Mile Klinck, a Botswana banker who acquired the general entertainment station four years ago. Launched 19 years ago, GBC covers the capital of Gaborone […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content