The Shanghai International Film Fest (June 16-24) has unveiled the line up for the tenth running of its Jin Jue competition.
Chen Kaige (“Farewell my Concubine’) will head the competition jury. He is joined by cinematographer Michael Ballhaus, Italian actress Maria Grazia Cucinotta and helmers Fernando Trueba, Luc Jacquet, Lu Chuan and Kohei Oguri. Winning film is awarded the Jin Jue cup.
Jury for the separate New Talent Award includes Chinese helmer He Ping, Hong Kong’s Mabel Cheung, Japan’s Isao Yukisada, Thailand’s Apichatpong Weerasethakul and French critic Jean-Michel Frodon.
Shanghai Int Film Fest competition
- “Olga, Victoria Olga Time Without Time” Mercedes Farriols (Argentina)
- “Doghead” Santi Amodeo (Spain)
- “Aviva My Love” Shemi Zarhin (Israel)
- “The Gamblers” Sebastian Bieniek (Germany)
- “The Knot” Yin Li (China)
- “According To The Plan” Franziska Meletzky (Germany)
- “Graveyard Clay” Robert Quinn (Ireland)
- “Miguel & William” Ines Paris (SpainBritish Virgin Islands)
- “Eye In The Sky” Yau Nai-Hoi (Hong Kong, China)
- “Radio Star” Lee Joon-Ik (Korea)
- “Jump! The Philip Halsman Story” Joshua Sinclair (Austria)
- “The New Man” Klaus Haro (SwedenFinland)
- “Love And Honor” Yoji Yamada (Japan)
- “Bizan” Isshin Inudou (Japan)
- “The Go Master” Tian Zhuangzhuang (China)
- “Shanghai Red” Oscar Luis Costo (U.S.-China)