Ready to open:
- Takami Sushi & Robata Restaurant and Elevate Lounge in the 811 Wilshire building offers stunning city views and plenty of patio space as well as dishes like “Pop Art Crab.” Bow is projected for the last week of July. Former Katsu-ya chef Kenny Yamada is in charge.
- Chaya is expanding its Westside-oriented eatery empire to downtown at 505 S. Flower St.
- Speakeasy themes are all the rage, and construction is under way on the Crocker Club at 453 S. Spring St. A hidden entrance will lead to a basement vault bar and lounge.
- Calling all astronauts: Tranquility Base will be a lunar-themed American cuisine restaurant on the ground floor of the Sky Project at 801 S. Grand Ave.
- Swanky Roosevelt Lofts on Seventh Street are said to be getting an outpost of Hollywood hot spot Citizen Smith.
Down the line:
- Michael Cimarusti, owner of Providence, wants to open a French brasserie. He told the L.A. Times: “The perfect place for it is someplace downtown, where you’ve got good walking traffic and a good lunch crowd.”
- London uberchef Gordon Ramsay, who already announced a West Hollywood eatery, is said to be planning a second location — and may be attracted to downtown’s burgeoning scene.
- Chef Laurent Quenioux is looking for a downtown base now that he’s left Bistro K, where he introduced veal feet and ant larvae to adventurous Angelenos.
Know of any restaurants opening soon? Let us know!