You will be redirected back to your article in seconds

Toppers in motion

Alliance Atlantis distrib shuffles pack

Motion Picture Distribution, an income trust controlled by Alliance Atlantis, is shuffling its top slots, making CEO Victor Loewy chairman and adding CEO to prexy Patrice Theroux’s duties.

MPD is Canada’s leading film distributor and also releases pics in Spain and the U.K.

“This new streamlined management ensures that Patrice and I are able to focus our efforts … to allow us to make the greatest contribution to the long-term growth of our business,” said Loewy on Friday.

David Lazzarato, executive VP and CFO of Toronto-based Alliance Atlantis and a member of MPD’s board, becomes vice chair of the board.

Alliance Atlantis CEO Phyllis Yaffe will join MPD’s board, replacing Michael MacMillan, Alliance’s executive chairman.

MPD’s board will increase from seven to nine seats.

Five directors will be named by Alliance Atlantis, which controls 51% of the income trust, and four will be appointed by the Movie Distribution Income Fund, which controls the other 49%. At present, the board has four nominees from Alliance and three from the income fund.

It has been a rough year for MPD due to box office woes in Canada, Spain and England.

More Scene

  • Tiffany Haddish

    MTV Movie and TV Awards: The 10 Standout Moments

    Motion Picture Distribution, an income trust controlled by Alliance Atlantis, is shuffling its top slots, making CEO Victor Loewy chairman and adding CEO to prexy Patrice Theroux’s duties. MPD is Canada’s leading film distributor and also releases pics in Spain and the U.K. “This new streamlined management ensures that Patrice and I are able to […]

  • Michael B. Jordan

    'Black Panther,' 'Stranger Things' Reign at 2018 MTV Movie and TV Awards (Full List)

    Motion Picture Distribution, an income trust controlled by Alliance Atlantis, is shuffling its top slots, making CEO Victor Loewy chairman and adding CEO to prexy Patrice Theroux’s duties. MPD is Canada’s leading film distributor and also releases pics in Spain and the U.K. “This new streamlined management ensures that Patrice and I are able to […]

  • Brandon Flynn, Timothy Granaderos, Alisha Boe,

    Alisha Boe Says Brock Turner Case Was Her 'Bible' for '13 Reasons Why' Season 2

    Motion Picture Distribution, an income trust controlled by Alliance Atlantis, is shuffling its top slots, making CEO Victor Loewy chairman and adding CEO to prexy Patrice Theroux’s duties. MPD is Canada’s leading film distributor and also releases pics in Spain and the U.K. “This new streamlined management ensures that Patrice and I are able to […]

  • Yara ShahidiMTV Movie & TV Awards,

    Yara Shahidi, Noah Schnapp, More Talk the Dangers of Social Media at MTV Awards

    Motion Picture Distribution, an income trust controlled by Alliance Atlantis, is shuffling its top slots, making CEO Victor Loewy chairman and adding CEO to prexy Patrice Theroux’s duties. MPD is Canada’s leading film distributor and also releases pics in Spain and the U.K. “This new streamlined management ensures that Patrice and I are able to […]

  • A Night in the Writers' Room

    'Vida,' 'One Day at a Time' Showrunners Recount Being Called Racial Slur in Writers' Room

    Motion Picture Distribution, an income trust controlled by Alliance Atlantis, is shuffling its top slots, making CEO Victor Loewy chairman and adding CEO to prexy Patrice Theroux’s duties. MPD is Canada’s leading film distributor and also releases pics in Spain and the U.K. “This new streamlined management ensures that Patrice and I are able to […]

  • A Night in the Writers' Room

    Parity Takes Center Stage at Variety's 'A Night in the Writers' Room' Drama Panel

    Motion Picture Distribution, an income trust controlled by Alliance Atlantis, is shuffling its top slots, making CEO Victor Loewy chairman and adding CEO to prexy Patrice Theroux’s duties. MPD is Canada’s leading film distributor and also releases pics in Spain and the U.K. “This new streamlined management ensures that Patrice and I are able to […]

  • American Black Film Festival opening night

    Trevor Jackson Was Originally Told He Was 'Too Young' to Star in 'Superfly' Remake

    Motion Picture Distribution, an income trust controlled by Alliance Atlantis, is shuffling its top slots, making CEO Victor Loewy chairman and adding CEO to prexy Patrice Theroux’s duties. MPD is Canada’s leading film distributor and also releases pics in Spain and the U.K. “This new streamlined management ensures that Patrice and I are able to […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content