Kevin Pollak (“The Usual Suspects”) has joined the cast of CBS’ untitled Carol Mendelsohn drama, while Tony Hale — who starred as Buster on “Arrested Development” — has signed on opposite Andy Richter in NBC’s “Andy Barker, P.I.”
Also, Robert Forster (“Jackie Brown”) and Treach (“Oz”) have been added to Fox’s “13 Graves,” while Patrick Warburton (“Seinfeld”) is on tap to CBS’ comedy from Tom Hertz.
Hale, who earned raves for his role as the youngest Bluth — who lost his hand to a seal — on “Arrested,” is in second position to play Simon on “Andy Barker P.I.”
A 20th Century Fox TV source noted that the casting of Hale on “Barker” has no impact on ongoing talks to revive “Arrested” at Showtime; Hale would only join “Barker” full-time if that pilot is picked up and “Arrested” doesn’t continue.
NBC Universal TV Studio and Conaco are behind “Barker.”
As for Pollak, he’ll star opposite Joshua Jackson, Jacob Pitts and Alan Tudyk in the Mendelsohn project, which is based on the book about a powerful Washington, D.C., law firm.
Thesp’s other credits include “The Whole Ten Yards” and “White Lies.”
In other casting news Monday:
- Forster, who most recently guested on “Numbers,” will play Rev. Tom, while Treach (best known as a member of hip-hop group Naughty by Nature) is onboard as Inglewood Jake in “13 Graves,” the hidden treasure mystery from 20 Century Fox TV.
- Warburton, known as “Puddy” to the still-legions of “Seinfeld” fans, is in second position for the Hertz project, from Sony Pictures TV and Happy Madison.
Warburton is still attached to ABC’s “Less than Perfect,” where he plays Jeb Denton. He also regularly supplies voices to animated series such as “Family Guy.”
- Fairuza Balk (“Personal Velocity”), next seen in “Don’t Come Knockin’,” will play Karen in the cult-themed CBS drama pilot “Orpheus,” from CBS Paramount Network TV and Scott Free.
- Jason Behr (“Skinwalkers”) has been given the lead role in the CBS drama pilot “The Way,” opposite Julia Ormond and Will Patton. He’ll play wealthy shipping heir Michael Warden. Sony Pictures TV produces.
- Gina Torres (“The Shield”) will play Ron Livingston’s boss on Fox’s hostage negotiator drama “Primary,” while Michael Cudlitz (“Running Scared”) is set as the head of the SWAT team. Torres is also currently playing the villain Anna Espinosa in the final season of “Alias.” 20th Century Fox TV is behind “Primary.”
- Majandra Delfino (“Roswell”) and Aimee Garcia (“Greetings from Tuscon”) have been added to the cast of CBS’ comic book drama “Ultra,” from CBS Paramount Network TV.
- Shannyn Sossamon (“A Knight’s Tale”) has joined the FX pilot “Dirt” as Kira.