Lev Spiro will direct — and Annie Potts is set to star — in the Fox laffer pilot “Julie Reno: Bounty Hunter,” while “Sex and the City” alum Kim Cattrall has been added to the cast of ABC’s Elton John-produced pilot “Him & Us.”
In what would be her first series gig since “Sex,” Cattrall will play Freddy Lazarus, manager to the rock star at the center of the pilot. Role had originally been designed for a man but was rethought when Cattrall became available.
John said he was psyched to land “a great comic actress like Kim,” and said he was a fan of the thesp. Cattrall’s last feature gig was in last year’s “Ice Princess.” Touchstone TV is behind “Him & Us.”
As for “Julie Reno: Bounty Hunter,” Potts is set to play the mother of the lead character (played by Erin Daniels). The “Any Day Now” and “Designing Women” alum most recently guested on “Huff.”
Spiro’s gig is part of a pilot holding deal he signed with Fox last year (Daily Variety, July 14). He most recently helmed the season finale for “Weeds,” as well as segs of “My Name Is Earl,” “Arrested Development” and “Everybody Hates Chris.” “Julie Reno” comes from 20th Century Fox TV.
In other pilot casting news:
- Lizzy Caplan (“Related”) has been added to the CBS comedy “The Class,” from Warner Bros. TV. Caplan is in second position for the pilot, in the event that “Related” doesn’t return for a second season.
- Camille Guaty (“Prison Break”) will play Franny in ABC’s untitled hostage drama from Hank Steinberg. Warner Bros. TV is behind the pilot.
- Scott Cohen (“Kissing Jessica Stein”) is set as Shane, husband to Gina Gershon’s character, in the NBC comedy pilot “Lipstick Jungle,” from NBC Universal TV Studio.
- Luke Goss (“Blade 2”) has signed on as a cast member on the Fox drama pilot “13 Graves,” from 20th Century Fox TV.
- Noah Gray-Cabey (“My Wife and Kids”) will play the son of Ali Larter’s character on NBC’s drama pilot “Heroes,” from NBC Universal TV Studio.