Splendid seeks sale of prod’n, distrib unit

Recent work includes 'Narc' 'Cody Banks' sequel

COLOGNE — Splendid Medien intends to sell a stake in its U.S. production and distribution unit Splendid Pictures.

“We are in talks with investors and expect an agreement soon,” said Splendid Medien CEO Andreas Klein.

Splendid Pictures was founded in January 2002 by Splendid Medien and L.A.-based Cutting Edge entertainment. Recent productions include “Narc” and “The Devil and Daniel Webster.” It is prepping the “Agent Cody Banks” sequel.

Splendid Medien has an 80% stake in the unit, with the other 20% held by Cutting Edge’s David C. Glasser.

Cologne-based Splendid Medien was involved in financing “Gangs of New York” through Initial Entertainment Group.

Company was one of many media groups listed in Germany’s ill-fated Neuer Markt, which closed for good Wednesday after the transfer of the last company, cable provider PrimaCom, into the new Prime Standard market.

More Film

  • Sundance: HBO Buys 'Price of Everything'

    Sundance: HBO Buys 'Price of Everything'

    COLOGNE — Splendid Medien intends to sell a stake in its U.S. production and distribution unit Splendid Pictures. “We are in talks with investors and expect an agreement soon,” said Splendid Medien CEO Andreas Klein. Splendid Pictures was founded in January 2002 by Splendid Medien and L.A.-based Cutting Edge entertainment. Recent productions include “Narc” and […]

  • USC Scripter Awards Finalists 2018: 'Wonder

    'Wonder Woman,' 'Lost City of Z,' 'Big Little Lies' Among USC Scripter Finalists

    COLOGNE — Splendid Medien intends to sell a stake in its U.S. production and distribution unit Splendid Pictures. “We are in talks with investors and expect an agreement soon,” said Splendid Medien CEO Andreas Klein. Splendid Pictures was founded in January 2002 by Splendid Medien and L.A.-based Cutting Edge entertainment. Recent productions include “Narc” and […]

  • Blade Runner 2049

    'Blade Runner 2049,' 'Game of Thrones' Lead Visual Effects Society Nominations

    COLOGNE — Splendid Medien intends to sell a stake in its U.S. production and distribution unit Splendid Pictures. “We are in talks with investors and expect an agreement soon,” said Splendid Medien CEO Andreas Klein. Splendid Pictures was founded in January 2002 by Splendid Medien and L.A.-based Cutting Edge entertainment. Recent productions include “Narc” and […]

  • Timothee Chalamet

    Timothée Chalamet Donates Salary From Woody Allen Film to Time's Up, Other Charities

    COLOGNE — Splendid Medien intends to sell a stake in its U.S. production and distribution unit Splendid Pictures. “We are in talks with investors and expect an agreement soon,” said Splendid Medien CEO Andreas Klein. Splendid Pictures was founded in January 2002 by Splendid Medien and L.A.-based Cutting Edge entertainment. Recent productions include “Narc” and […]

  • Songs for Screens Powered by Mac

    Songs for Screens: Apple, Gap Music Supervisor Explains Why 2018 Will Be a Boom Year for Synch

    COLOGNE — Splendid Medien intends to sell a stake in its U.S. production and distribution unit Splendid Pictures. “We are in talks with investors and expect an agreement soon,” said Splendid Medien CEO Andreas Klein. Splendid Pictures was founded in January 2002 by Splendid Medien and L.A.-based Cutting Edge entertainment. Recent productions include “Narc” and […]

  • Keira Knightley photgraphed for Variety by

    Keira Knightley on 'Colette,' Pushing for Social Change, and if She'll Ever Direct

    COLOGNE — Splendid Medien intends to sell a stake in its U.S. production and distribution unit Splendid Pictures. “We are in talks with investors and expect an agreement soon,” said Splendid Medien CEO Andreas Klein. Splendid Pictures was founded in January 2002 by Splendid Medien and L.A.-based Cutting Edge entertainment. Recent productions include “Narc” and […]

  • Natasha Mulla

    MoviePass Hires Marketing Chief as It Looks to Expand (EXCLUSIVE)

    COLOGNE — Splendid Medien intends to sell a stake in its U.S. production and distribution unit Splendid Pictures. “We are in talks with investors and expect an agreement soon,” said Splendid Medien CEO Andreas Klein. Splendid Pictures was founded in January 2002 by Splendid Medien and L.A.-based Cutting Edge entertainment. Recent productions include “Narc” and […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content