CP Medien launches coin fund

Company to decide slate in fourth quarter

BERLIN — German film fund and production company CP Medien has launched an open-ended private investment fund to raise in the two-digit millions for film projects.

Fund will invest 92% of its money in productions, leaving 8% for operational costs. Investments start at $28,000.

Company is reviewing projects, but it won’t decide on a slate until the fourth quarter of the year. However, CEO Roland Pellegrino said it would heed the call for greater participation in German and European productions.

Fund is due to close at the end of the year, but CP Medien has the option to keep it open if it has not raised sufficient cash.

Company’s production partners include Mandalay, Lions Gate, Pathe, StudioCanal and Eberhard Junkersdorf’s Munich Animation.

CP Medien’s productions include Robert Altman’s “The Company” and Mandalay’s “Beyond Borders” from director Martin Campbell, both slated for Stateside release later this year.

More Film

  • Curse of La Llorana

    Film News Roundup: Horror Movie Re-Titled 'The Curse of La Llorona' for Spring Release

    BERLIN — German film fund and production company CP Medien has launched an open-ended private investment fund to raise in the two-digit millions for film projects. Fund will invest 92% of its money in productions, leaving 8% for operational costs. Investments start at $28,000. Company is reviewing projects, but it won’t decide on a slate […]

  • Brad Pitt Leonardo Dicaprio

    Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio Turned Down 'Brokeback Mountain,' Says Gus Van Sant

    BERLIN — German film fund and production company CP Medien has launched an open-ended private investment fund to raise in the two-digit millions for film projects. Fund will invest 92% of its money in productions, leaving 8% for operational costs. Investments start at $28,000. Company is reviewing projects, but it won’t decide on a slate […]

  • Joaquin Phoenix The Joker

    Joaquin Phoenix's 'Joker' Movie Gets Release Date

    BERLIN — German film fund and production company CP Medien has launched an open-ended private investment fund to raise in the two-digit millions for film projects. Fund will invest 92% of its money in productions, leaving 8% for operational costs. Investments start at $28,000. Company is reviewing projects, but it won’t decide on a slate […]

  • Quentin Tarantino

    Quentin Tarantino's Manson Murders Movie Moves Up Two Weeks

    BERLIN — German film fund and production company CP Medien has launched an open-ended private investment fund to raise in the two-digit millions for film projects. Fund will invest 92% of its money in productions, leaving 8% for operational costs. Investments start at $28,000. Company is reviewing projects, but it won’t decide on a slate […]

  • Destan Arslanoski Stunt Performer

    Stunt Performers Say There's Not Enough Being Done to Address Risks of the Job

    BERLIN — German film fund and production company CP Medien has launched an open-ended private investment fund to raise in the two-digit millions for film projects. Fund will invest 92% of its money in productions, leaving 8% for operational costs. Investments start at $28,000. Company is reviewing projects, but it won’t decide on a slate […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content