Publisher joins CLT-Ufa party

BERLIN — Bertelsmann AG will dilute its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, Europe’s largest TV and radio house, in a deal bringing in German newspaper group Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ), it was confirmed Tuesday.

The Bertelsmann Film und Fernsehen Verwaltungs GmbH, through which Bertelsmann currently holds its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, will be renamed the BW TV und Film Verwaltung GmbH (BW TV).

In the new holding company WAZ will take a 20% share, with Bertelsmann retaining the remaining 80%. In effect this will give WAZ an overall share of 10% in CLT-Ufa.

WAZ will bring a dowry of both cash and TV interests to the new company (BW TV), of most significance being its 11% share in top-rated German web RTL. Further financial details were not disclosed.

More Biz

  • STX Targeting August IPO in Hong

    STX Targeting August IPO in Hong Kong (Report)

    BERLIN — Bertelsmann AG will dilute its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, Europe’s largest TV and radio house, in a deal bringing in German newspaper group Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ), it was confirmed Tuesday. The Bertelsmann Film und Fernsehen Verwaltungs GmbH, through which Bertelsmann currently holds its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, will be renamed the BW […]

  • EXCLUSIVE: AR for US, UK and

    Pussy Riot Claims Responsibility for People Running Onto Field During World Cup

    BERLIN — Bertelsmann AG will dilute its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, Europe’s largest TV and radio house, in a deal bringing in German newspaper group Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ), it was confirmed Tuesday. The Bertelsmann Film und Fernsehen Verwaltungs GmbH, through which Bertelsmann currently holds its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, will be renamed the BW […]

  • Former Billboard CEO Accused of Sexual

    Former Billboard CEO John Amato Accused of Sexual Harassment and Other Misconduct

    BERLIN — Bertelsmann AG will dilute its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, Europe’s largest TV and radio house, in a deal bringing in German newspaper group Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ), it was confirmed Tuesday. The Bertelsmann Film und Fernsehen Verwaltungs GmbH, through which Bertelsmann currently holds its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, will be renamed the BW […]

  • Instagram

    Instagram Suffers Global Outage

    BERLIN — Bertelsmann AG will dilute its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, Europe’s largest TV and radio house, in a deal bringing in German newspaper group Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ), it was confirmed Tuesday. The Bertelsmann Film und Fernsehen Verwaltungs GmbH, through which Bertelsmann currently holds its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, will be renamed the BW […]

  • Harvey Weinstein arrives to court in

    Harvey Weinstein Attorney Says He Was Misquoted in 'Roles for Sex' Interview

    BERLIN — Bertelsmann AG will dilute its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, Europe’s largest TV and radio house, in a deal bringing in German newspaper group Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ), it was confirmed Tuesday. The Bertelsmann Film und Fernsehen Verwaltungs GmbH, through which Bertelsmann currently holds its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, will be renamed the BW […]

  • hearst logo

    Hearst Agrees to Pay $50 Million to Settle Data-Privacy Lawsuit

    BERLIN — Bertelsmann AG will dilute its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, Europe’s largest TV and radio house, in a deal bringing in German newspaper group Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ), it was confirmed Tuesday. The Bertelsmann Film und Fernsehen Verwaltungs GmbH, through which Bertelsmann currently holds its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, will be renamed the BW […]

  • Randall Stephenson

    AT&T Stock Drops on Justice Department's Appeal of Time Warner Merger Ruling

    BERLIN — Bertelsmann AG will dilute its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, Europe’s largest TV and radio house, in a deal bringing in German newspaper group Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ), it was confirmed Tuesday. The Bertelsmann Film und Fernsehen Verwaltungs GmbH, through which Bertelsmann currently holds its 50% share in CLT-Ufa, will be renamed the BW […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content