Halifax, Nova Scotia-based Imagex has changed its name to imX Communications and is launching a new TV division, which will focus primarily on drama and animation.
In the latest financing and distribution mutation of Robert Redford's period golf drama "The Legend of Bagger Vance," 20th Century Fox is close to acquiring international distribution rights to the…
Imax has made its exclusive sound technology provider Sonics Associates a wholly owned subsidiary. Imax has controlled Sonics since 1988, when it bought 51% of the company. The remaining 49% was…
Six months after creating Disney Publishing Worldwide and focusing its publishing attentions almost entirely on the global children's market, the Mouse House has named Lisa Holton publisher, global…
FROM MIPCOMIn another combo of acquisition and co-financing between the U.S. and Europe, Spanish private broadcaster Tele 5 has closed a multipic deal with MGM on six firstrun films and 20 reruns.
Media titan Kerry Packer's Publishing & Broadcasting Limited (PBL) has exercised a two-year-old option to acquire a 50% interest in News Ltd.'s Oz cable channel Fox Sports in a deal worth just under…
KCBS catches break as NFL chooses Houston NEW YORK — What’s the reaction to the NFL’s decision Wednesday to award its next franchise to Houston, rather than the L.A. bid backed by Michael Ovitz.…
FROM MIPCOMWhile Italy's Mediaset and Germany's Kirch Group are working on the final details of their much ballyhooed Euro alliance, Roberto Pace, topper of Mediaset TV production, acquisition and…
Ted Turner's TBS and TNT Tuesday outbid Barry Diller's USA to lock up the exclusive network window to seven theatrical movies from Columbia TriStar TV Distribution.
MGM shares roared Tuesday, jumping 30% after the Lion put a nasty squeeze on short sellers who have been pushing its stock lower in recent months.
UPN has upped Dale Lanier to VP, marketing and special projects.