The CW Renews ‘The 100’ for Season 5

The 100
Courtesy of CW

The 100” will live to see another season. The CW has just ordered a fifth season of the sci-fi series to premiere sometime in the 2017-18 season.

The series drew a rash of criticism last season following the death of one of its lesbian characters, which may have contributed to some of the ratings erosion it experienced from Season 3 to 4. However, it’s been a steady performer since then, and like many of its network brethren sees big ratings lifts once delayed viewing is factored in; it also streams well on The CW’s platform.

With Thursday’s renewal, The CW will return nine of its hours for the 2017-18 season. Among the unrenewed at this point are the yet-to-premiere “The Originals” and “iZombie,” with venerable franchise “The Vampire Diaries” ending Friday and “Reign” coming to a similarly natural end shortly thereafter; freshman series “No Tomorrow” and “Frequency” weren’t given back orders and should be treated as canceled.

Based on the book series by Kass Morgan, “The 100” is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios with executive producers Jason Rothenberg and Leslie Morgenstein (“The Vampire Diaries”). The series stars Eliza Taylor, Paige Turco, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos, Christopher Larking, Devon Bostick, Isaiah Washington, Henry Ian Cusick, and Zach McGowan.

POPULAR VARIETY VIDEO:

1. John awotipe says:

To my own point and contribution i will like to say that they should release season 5 very soon and not too long because so many people are eager to wash this last season and also if this movie get too long before its being release people might watch another movie and get the whole exiting story off their head

2. aaron hudson says:

i hope to see more seasons of the 100 i have never been this into a tv series before this one please bring it back

3. David says:

I enjoyed watching all of the 100. I hope season 5 is as entertaining as the first 4.. I hope it isn’t much longer before season 5 is released.

4. John says:

I can’t wait for season 5 of the 100 to get here ive been watching the 100 since CW first aired it .I’m a big fan of the 100 and the walking dead if I had to pick one of the these shows I would go with the 100 because it has love ,drama , fighting , betrayal and more. The walking dead has the same thing but it doesn’t have the realism that the 100 has.but anyway I hope to see more seasons to come of the 100. Thanks for a great show.

5. Jc says:

Lesbians dying did not affect the show’s ratings. The lesbian scenes do nothing for the show or characters at all. If anything it is a nothing but distraction. Honestly, I forward through those scenes. The connection between Lincoln and Octavia was real. The rest leave a lot to be desired.

6. Yvonne Dickens says:

I love The 100. I cant wait for next season. The characters and what they go through is amazing. The challenges of decisions and their consequences are breath taking. I hold my breath every time a decision has to be made. I also love the way they depend on the 100 kids they sent down for their guidance and knowledge. I believe the adults would not know how to survive without them. Kids adapt better than adults. their knowledge and learning capabilities are astounding. Way to go letting the kids teach adults! Love this show! Don’t end it!

7. Geovani Obasi says:

I Just came from Netflix and the ending to season 4 hit me like a Fucking Truck, I’m happy

8. scully51x says:

oh im so pleased this has been renewed
    Just watched series4 back to back n. gotta say i luv it ..tho i do wish Lexa hadnt been killed off but its the only way to bring fresh talent to this prog….Long live the Earth !!! and the 100
    Thanks to all the cast and crew for bringing this to us 👍☺😘

9. Caroline Chant says:

love the show

10. The ratings did go down JUST because Lexa died, the ratings also went down because you killed off Lincoln! He was one of the best characters and was killed off for no reason!

11. Tesla says:

It was Lincoln’s death that stopped several people I know from watching it!

12. Darren says:

I wish the filming wasn’t all wobbly trying to stimulate anxiety, all the poor camera work makes me motion sick watching. Great story even if I shut my eyes and listen some of the time.

• Nancy Cherbeyla says:

If it wasn’t for the death of Lincoln Octavia would not have gotten as stronge as she did. His death was needed in order to move Octavia’s (who is a 100) character along.

13. Cathy says:

Simply put whether or not things are realistic or not, it’s TV!!! It’s not supposed to be realistic all the time. We should be able to sit and watch something without picking each and every single thing. We are supposed to get lost in the characters and if so and so is going to live and so forth.On another note, I love The 100 and The Originals so I hope and pray that both these shows stick around for a while.

14. sbley says:

In my head I’m comparing it to Vikings and Game of Thrones

• Filip Subocz says:

Really?! I watched Season 1 and I think 2 and beginning of 3… but it IS completely different… starting with: Absolute unreal things, not playing on the earth, playing in a unknown but “Middle Age” Society (In “The 100” the grounders only live so because they had to start at zero 97 years before the Season 1 began and the first 3 seasons were only a bit more than 4 months or so as we are told at early Season 3 (3 months after Mt. Weather population killed), Season 1 is only a few days… Season 3 is very short too, Pike is not really long the “Leader” and Season 4 even starts directly almost to the minute where Season 3 ended (2-3 minutes Octavia need to go the room where she cut Pike to let him get killed by ALIE’s slaves…. in season 4 she is climbing down from a 50th floor building (… such a stupid and highly dangerous thing these people only did, climbing up, because ALIE told them and they had no free will…you see the end of Part 1 Finale… Ontari goes into get killed without more than a few letters “I understand”, and she takes her strange heayy weapon and Jaha can not kill her but her head…… Abby, Clarkes mother, goes for suicide because clarke does not tell the phrase (In Season 4 also Gaia, the daughter of Indra as we get informed, knows the phrase but shortly before Clarke becames Commander in “DNR” Roan stops it but she whispers to the flame “Ascende… Superious” so that others should not hear it….

It is the Year 2148 or 2149 at “The 100”, we have high-tech weapons and skilled “Moutain Men” commandos, which is really eavy if you think about the size, even for a village it is low with ~382 people including all kids, old men/woman…… 1 real leading doctor, Emmerson being a “Lieutenant” and also the highest ranked Mt. Weather soldier (no General for the smal group of soldiers^^) Would not make sense), except a few thingss how radiation works and how not are a bit extreme unrealistic, but well.. it has to be so, because season 3 ends nd season 4 starts with thi of course…

• scully51x says:

what are you trying to say here apart from giving a strange telling of the series i didnt get ur point sorry # just saying
        im not tryin to be rude or critical im just asking

15. “The series drew a rash of criticism last season following the death of one of its lesbian characters, which may have contributed to some of the ratings erosion it experienced from Season 3 to 4” actually the 100 had 0.3-0.4 since s2, lexa didn’t affect ratings at all