Tamron Hall to Develop New Talk Show With Weinstein Television

Tamron Hall
REX/Shutterstock

Tamron Hall is making a new bid to return to daily TV after leaving NBC News in February.

Weinstein Television said it would work to develop a daytime talk show featuring Hall, who worked for many years as an anchor at MSNBC and on NBC’s “Today” show. Hall will co-create the program with Weinstein and serve as host and executive producer of the series. Weinstein said Barry Wallach, a former president of domestic TV distribution for NBC, would consult.  Weinstein and Hall will also collaborate to develop other non-scripted programming under the terms of their pact.

The talk show is currently untitled, and is expected to focus on current events, human-interest stories and interviews with celebrities and newsmakers. The daily series is slated to be shot in front of a live studio audience. Weinstein said the program “will fill the current void in daytime for viewers looking for a blend of heart, humor and information.”

Hall left NBC News after the NBCUniversal unit unveiled plans to replace the 9 a.m. hour of “Today” with a new morning program led by Megyn Kelly. That show is slated to launch in late September. NBC News at the time said in a statement that it was “disappointed that she has chosen to leave, but we wish her all the best.”

“I’ve been working towards developing a talk show for a long time, but needed to make sure I did it the right way and with the right person to take the lead,” said Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company, in a prepared statement. “Tamron is far and away that person. She’s an exceptionally talented journalist whose interviews masterfully walk the line between entertainment and hard hitting. We couldn’t be more thrilled to begin this new venture with her.”

Weinstein said daytime talk shows will represent a new venture. The company at present is producing a new Matthew Weiner anthology and a new David O. Russell series, both for Amazon.

Hall was represented in this deal by WME and attorney Bianca Levin of Gang Tyre Ramer & Brown.

1. kodakay says:

YES! I LOVE Tamron Hall and can hardly wait for the premier of her new show. Kick some butt, Tamron!!!

2. TDE says:

I’m so excited that Tamron is finally coming back and getting her own show! I love Today Show but it hasn’t been the same since she left. Looking forward to the new show. Best wishes to Tamron.

3. Lisa says:

I miss Tamron, I am a true today show fan.And very unhappy that Tamron
    is not there anymore . I think is a bad move to make her leave . Good luck Tamron I miss you alot !!! l loved you ,You made my mornings worth going forward , Good Luck to you hope to see you soon .

4. dayday says:

pre user – don’t watch. No one forces you to view anything you don’t want to see.

5. pre user says:

Last thing we need is another adolescent entitlement minded progressive liberal ,racial grievance hustler & opinion TV personality but at least she is better than anyone at MSNBC and a lot of CNN both of those have nobody or very few rational , remotely even pretentiously objective or any adult minds on the MSNBC/CNN fake news channels today .

6. Bob says:

Tamron Hall is a terrifically incisive interviewer when it comes to hard news, especially in the realm of politics. And she’s got this other half that makes her equally great on the lighter side — like the Today Show. Then she’s got a third half that makes her a terrific host for the type of “true crime” (is that what it’s called?) documentaries that appear on channels like Investigation Discovery. She’s not the hardest working woman in show business…She’s the hardest working HUMAN in show business!

7. Marian B. says:

I love Tamron Hall &always watched her on Today! I couldn’t watch it anymore when she left. NBC ruined that show for me. Also, I don’t like Megan Kelly &refuse to watch any of her shows.so NBC take note!

8. Carlos W says:

Thanks to Weinstein Productons for making a wise an prudent decision in the selecton of Tamron Hall. Who is intelligent, sesitive, and insightful. She has a great multitasking challenge that we know she can handle and she will increase the viewership of that network for sure. We as T.Hall fans are very excited and can’t wait. CONGRATS TAMRON!!

9. Dorian says:

OMG.. There is a TV God.. Oh how I’ve waited for this moment.. Clearly Tamron is talented, personable and held her own during the 9 am hour of that other show that was stupid enough to let her go for Megyn “low ratings” Kelly.. Great PR move and happy to watch,, Can’t wait and God bless you Tamron for your poise and integrity but also how you stood up for yourself knowing that NBC was making a huge mistake and you got out just to see this moment that you knew you deserved so kick A** and take names..

10. Paige Hueser says:

I am glad. I have completely stopped watching NBC since Tamron left. It is obvious NBC exec’s couldn’t care less about their employees.

• Cath says:

Has NBC ever handled an exit well? Glad that she has a place to land. It is a hard world out there in the talk show universe. Wish her well.

11. Liza O'Hare says:

Very glad she’s returning in this format. She is smart and savvy and by far the best dressed woman on television. Looking forward to seeing the show (and her clothes!).

12. Laura Lynn Kelley says:

Why?, she’s a terrible host. Talks out of turn and whines too much. On second thought she would be great on the View of The Real.

• jmengele says:

Damn, Laura Lynn Kelley, SOMEBODY is really angry right about now. Who hurt you, Boo? Cuz Tamron always speaks so well of you; and the girls on the View always have such nice things to say about you also. And let’s not get started on how much the girls on The Real look up to you.

• Debra says:

I agree with jmengle’s response to Laura Ltnn Kelly’s reaction about Tamron. Tamron is an amazing and gifted newscaster. If you can’t be positive remain silent. Trust me you may learn good reporting techniques if you allow Tamron to mentor you Laura. Tamron I will watch record and watch again. You make me feel proud.

13. Caro kortokrax says:

I am such a fan of Tamara Hall. So happy to see her back.

14. Michael Johnson says:

It was a real loss when Tamron left MSNBC. I hope this works. Miss her on TV news especially. She is tough and credible and not least of all, beautiful inside and out.

15. Steven says:

She would have been perfect for the view or the talk

• pre user says:

Laura Lynn,

Right Ms. Hall would be fine at the view ,objective news outside of a whiny progressive liberal adolescent entitlement and race hustle kitsch not so much :)

• jmengele says:

Really wish Tamron could replace Jedediah Bila.

• Tom Lang says:

Well you people have covered all the bases about Tamron she is the best I have ever seen or heard.
        Thank you Weinstine TV really needs Tamron fresh ability.