‘No Tomorrow,’ ‘Frequency’ Canceled After 1 Season at the CW

Frequency No Tomorrow CW
Courtesy of CW

Both “Frequency” and “No Tomorrow” have been canceled after one season at the CWVariety has learned.

“Frequency” was based on the film of the same name and followed Detective Raimy Sullivan (Peyton List) who suddenly finds she is able to communicate with her long-dead father via a Ham radio that allows him to speak with her from 20 years in the past, before his murder. The series also starred Riley Smith, Mekhi Phifer, Devin Kelley, Lenny Jacobson, Daniel Bonjour, and Anthony Ruivivar. Warner Bros. Television produced in association with Lin Pictures, with executive producers Jeremy Carver, Toby Emmerich, John Rickard, Dan Lin, and Jennifer Gwartz.

Related

Lucy Hale Stephen Moyer Josh Radner

Early Pilot Buzz: What’s Heating Up for the 2017-2018 TV Season?

“No Tomorrow” centered on Evie Covington (Tori Anderson), a risk-averse quality-control assessor who meets charming, free-spirited man Xavier Holliday (Joshua Sasse). He encourages Evie to takes more chances and have fun, because he believes humankind has a mere eight months and twelve days until a runaway asteroid will destroy the earth. Corinne Brinkerhoff, Maggie Friedman, Brad Silberling, Ben Silverman, Jose Alvarenga, Alexandre Machado, and Fernanda Young served as executive producers. CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television produced in association with Electus.

Both shows debuted to lackluster ratings in the fall, with “Frequency” averaging a 0.26 rating in adults 18-49 and 936,000 viewers per episode, while “No Tomorrow” averaged a 0.26 and 794,000 viewers. The CW opted not to give either show a full season order when it unveiled its midseason schedule back in November.

Canceled TV Shows in 2017 — What’s Not Returning
Canceled TV Shows in 2017 — What’s Not Returning

1. Cristie Finnerty says:

This was a show that I could laugh with, and when I was done with an episode, I felt happy and silly. I am TRULY saddened that their was only one season. I’ve recommended to so people. I won’t be recommending it any more. You know there is a lot of crazier stuff in this world, why can’t we have a silly fun show to get into.

• Ken Fox says:

I totally agree. Felt the same way. Just looked forward to feeling good before every episode. Idiot people in power only know how to look at numbers and lack the creativity or talent to build and market an audience. Morons.

2. Jamie says:

I liked both of these shows. I’m so sick of Networks doing this to me. I am going to stop giving any new shows a chance because why bother. The networks will just cancel them.

3. rockcat says:

I thought Frequency was fantastic. Putting the whole premise aside, there were a few plot points that defied logic, but otherwise it was terrific entertainment and it kept me on the edge of my seat. The acting was top-notch. Plus, I would watch anything with Devin Kelley! That’s no slight against Peyton List, she and the whole cast were terrific too!

4. Professor M says:

I binge-watched each of these shows on Netflix and thought they had potential. I liked the originality of the concepts though there were some bumps in their development. I liked the actors a lot. At the very least these shows should have been allowed to play out the main plot to make a coherent whole for posterity. Netflix, please pick these up and let them finish! A half a season would do it. Network TV just doesn’t get it. The rules have changed. My best wishes and thanks to the cast and crew of each show.

5. cdhaskell says:

Both show was doom from the started. They got the wrong time along with so-so plot.

6. Paula Stiles says:

Odd timing. I’d thought that if they waited this long, they would have waited until the upfronts.

I hope this frees up Jeremy Carver to return to Supernatural. The show really needs him back.

7. Fernando says:

Yes!!! I knew it, these two shows had horrible, horrible concepts and scripts. Good actors, nice production value, but the concepts shouldn’t have been green lighted.

8. Dunstan says:

All the good shows are on pay TV. End of story.