Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Talks ‘Sense8,’ ‘The Get Down’ Cancellations

Sense8 Creative Arts Emmys
Courtesy of Netflix

With the cancellations this month of “Sense8” and “The Get Down,” Netflix has drawn attention for finally pulling the plug on high-profile series after years of renewals.

Speaking at the PGA’s Produced By conference Saturday on the Fox lot, Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos unpacked those decisions.

“Relative to what you spent, are people watching it? That is pretty traditional,” Sarandos said in a conversation with Jerry Seinfeld, whose “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” is moving to Netflix for its next season. “When I say that, a big expensive show for a huge audience is great. A big, expensive show for a tiny audience is hard even in our model to make that work very long.”

As Variety originally reported, “The Get Down” cost $12 million per episode to produce. Reports elsewhere have pegged the per-episode cost of “Sense8” at $9 million. Both were among the most expensive television series being made anywhere.

Related

the get down

A Troubling Trend in Cancellations: Are Inclusive Shows in Danger?

Sarandos praised “Sense8” and “The Get Down,” saying producers “made an incredible contribution to our culture with those shows.” He also addressed comments made last month by his boss, CEO Reed Hastings, who noted at the Code Conference that Netflix had canceled “very few shows” and said that the company’s “hit ratio is way too high right now,” signaling more cancellations in the future.

“Not to put words in his mouth, but what he meant was that Silicon Valley celebrates failure,” Sarandos said of Hastings. “It’s one of those things that you know you’re pushing the envelope if every once in a while you fall. And you go back and start over again. If you have hit after hit after hit, you question yourself — are you trying hard enough? Are you too conventional?”

Sarandos also spoke about the controversy over the company’s trip to Cannes earlier this year with original films “Okja” and “The Meyerowitz Stories,” which prompted a rules change at the festival to prevent future films from competing without receiving a full theatrical release.

“A film festival is meant to celebrate the art of filmmaking,” he said. “A lot of the things that you see at a film festival have no commercial viability at all. That really is the role of a film festival.” Addressing the rules change, Sarandos said, “It’s not even an independent selection process if they stand by that rule.” Of the festival, he added, “If it ceases to be about the celebration of film and filmmaking, I don’t think it can continue to be that relevant.”

1. Kevin Cannon says:

How about you pay working Actors RESIDUALS ! THIEF !!! All that money you throw around comes from SAG members stolen residuals and the Taxpayers who pay him to film in their states !!!!!

2. Sxean Lee-David says:

Buwahahahaha,….too much sexy time in the second season, and suffering storyline. Netflix did the right thing to cancel the crappy show.

3. Victor says:

Finish the story, can not be so selfish, a little respect with the audience, we do not all have the same taste.

Maybe if they inform us the cost of the series, not to see it definitively, would be the solution !!!

4. Winsome Jacobs says:

I’ve been boycotting netflix for the past two week because of those cancelations. The Get Down was revolutionary, with a lovable black/latinx cast and a great plotline, and they had to go cancel it at a cliffhanger, and I am so not ready to forgive them for that.
    At first I thought that I’d only be able to hold out for a few days maximum (since netflix is basically the only thing I watch), but as the days went by I realized how /easy/ it was. I’ve actually completely forgotten about it, really. If I do feel the need to get myself on that kind of platform anytime soon however, there’s always Hulu 😇😘

5. Alex Gallo says:

What is the point in watching a show on Netflix if they’re planning on cancelling shows that are doing the least bit bad? Deathnote and Castlevania, two shows that I myself, and a very particular audience, are excited for the release. I want to start watching them once they release but I can’t see those shows becoming more popular than Sense8 and if Netflix is cancelling shows that do bad, whats the point in watching? Netflix you are a streaming service. If you are going to start something, then finish it! Quit making me waste my time. Sense8’s cancellation has almost pushed me to the brink of quitting Netflix. It seems they only care to have shows that display to the “popular” audience. I can tell you now that Deathnote and Castlevania won’t be praised by the popular audience… Smarten up Netflix!

• Dan Spengler says:

They’re talking about viewership relative to audience size. A typical episode of anime costs around $200,000 to create in Japan. Something like Spongebob made in the US costs about half a million per episode. The most expensive American animation costs about a million per, and that’s largely because of the famous voice actors.

Sense8 cost 9 MILLION per episode. 50% more than Game of Thrones.

The budget for this will be a tiny fraction of that. They can justify significantly lower viewership with such a small budget.

• L. says:

Not sure where you’re getting your numbers, but GoT started out at 6 mil an episode and slowly increased until the sixth season cost 10 mil per.

6. Manuel says:

I don’t like The Get Down but I love Sense 8.

I think Netflix doesn’t like to spent a lot of money in this show and it was cancel so fast.

They doesn’t marketing this show, the doesn’t create a hype, so now they cancel the show because they said it doesn’t has a good audience.

Now I’m moving to HBO Now, it has better shows and better CEO.

Goodbye Netflix.

7. Georgia MacDougal says:

I am so disappointed with the decision to cancel sense8. This is the first Netflix program that I have watched that I truly loved. It was so diverse, the acting was great, and the story lines kept me on the edge of my seat. Netflix has made a terrible decision. It feels like Netflix is not in it for the fans or the integrity of the work. It’s all about the money, which I do not see why they could not just cut the budget? Perhaps have less traveling for filming? There had to be some way to make this work. Even if it was a mini series to provide finality to the story. Poor showmanship Netflix. #renewsense8

• Dan Spengler says:

Netflix expects their $110 million dollar investment to produce a financial return? Shocking!

• Sxean Lee-David says:

Netflix did the right thing to cancel the show. The story was lame, and too much sexy time. It was unbearable to maintain interest in the storyline.

8. Jeff says:

Since Netflix released all the episodes at once, yes. I watched all of them. It took me two nights. There isn’t anything else out that can capture me like that

9. Obfuf says:

Makes complete sense to me, no reason to be salty about it on the Netflix model, feel free to be angry when a TV channel puts a show on a bad time slot then cancels it like Constantine.

10. Joe says:

I get people are upset about Sense8, but this is how TV works. If you have a show as expensive as it, then you better bring in GoT levels of viewership to support it. The show got two seasons and a special. Most shows should be so lucky. If Sense8 had half the budget, it may have survived. But at $12 mil an episode? That’s an expensive show that needs serious justification for it’s continuation. Im disappointed in The Get Down getting cancelled after only one season, but I get it. This is how TV works.

11. Silvanus Clarke says:

Keep it up Netflix and sooner or later people will cancel on you with the few good shows you have left. #piracyontheway

12. Chelizsa says:

I’m reading all these comments and the responses by Donathan and honestly it’s frustrating. I understand that it’s the choice of the showrunners to end their show the way they want but I’m starting to question Netflix ‘s dedication to original programming. It doesn’t seem like they care about fans. If it’s not a crazy hit then they don’t have any interest in building on the show. I pay for netflix because of its shows, not the shitty movie collection or ancient tv shows. This is the third tv show they have cancelled and I’m not happy. I have given them a pass on 2 of 3 because honestly the other 2 were severely flawed but not sense8. This was a dynamic, well done show with no advertising. I knew when orange is the new black was coming back but I didn’t even know if sense8 was coming back. How about they spend money on some commercials? You want people to watch a show then tell people about it.

Why don’t they cancel universally panned iron fist? I watched all the marvel series and Iron fist was horrible! This show was truely bad but I don’t hear anything about cancellation coming their way. Why don’t they make some budget cuts? They can try to make this show great but they don’t care. So Netflix I hope you can get your shit together. I don’t think cancelling original programming will be what makes them HBO. Taking amazing shows and supporting them is probably the way to go. I can take a couple of cancellations but wow…

• Dan Spengler says:

Netflix doesn’t care if a show isn’t a huge hit. They care if it loses them millions of dollars. They give cheaper shows a longer leash to find an audience since it’s not going to tank their bottom line. A cheap documentary series like Chef’s Table is treated as a value-add series to flesh out their library. They’re not going to can it because it’s not a hit because it costs them nothing to keep making it.

Iron Fist was a third the cost per episode that Sense8 was. Requires a third of the viewership numbers to justify its continuation, and being connected to the other hugely successful Marvel series, it’s got a built in viewership to support it. And despite being savaged by critics, outside analytics believe it had nearly as many viewers as Luke Cage, and it has a decent 7.4 stars on IMDb.

The Sense8 production team has stated elsewhere that they looked at cutting the budget, but they wouldn’t have been able to cut it to the point they needed and still be able to make the show they wanted to make. Shooting on location in Chicago, Berlin, Mumbai, Nairobi, Reykjavik, London, Mexico City, and San Francisco. Even if they cut all the other location shooting outside of the cluster’s home cities, that’s fucking expensive.

When Sense8 costs as much to make as many summer tentpole movies and doesn’t drive viewership, that’s a problem.

Here’s a hypothetical to ponder:

We don’t know what Netflix’s actual viewership metrics are, but let’s assume for sake of comparison that Iron Fist pulls in a lackluster $40 million worth of whatever it is that Netflix measures. We know that Iron Fist cost $40 million to make. Despite poor reviews, Iron Fist breaks even in this scenario. There’s no risk to Netflix in renewing it. Lets assume Sense8 doubles that pull and gets $80 million worth of Netflixing. Season 2 cost $110 million. Even if it doubles the performance of Iron Fist, it’s still losing $30 million. Sense8 just cost Netflix almost the budget of a season of Iron Fist.

• Joe says:

They keep Iron Fist for multiple reasons. It’s backed by Marvel first, which Disney is, so even if it did poorly, they could keep funneling money into it if they chose. Second, it did very well and had a huge audience, even if it was critically panned. Far more than Sense8 did. Third, it’s part of a larger project, The Defenders. So, even if it wasn’t very well liked, it’s still a set up for a more ambitious project.

• Chelizsa says:

Yeah and that just means they arent concerned with quality original programming, which I can guarantee will be essential if they want to be like HBO.

They should have tried to reduce the budget for sense8 before they canceled it. I can guarantee you that reducing the budget a few million would not have hurt this show. There is no reason they need to flm all over the world, I love it but love the show more than a couple scenes shot in Russia. Great original programming will be what carries them over. When the superhero trend wanes, which it will (Not happy about that because I love superheroes from dc and marvel) they will need to have good exclusive shows and that is not happening right now.

13. Shannon Kanouse says:

I am disappointed in Netflix with the cancellation of Sense8. It is even more frustrating with how they ended season 2. If you are going to cancel a show the least you could do it wrap the story up with a satisfying finale. The final episode was $*%%#$!^. The time, intrest, excitement, and anticipation that a viewer invests in a show, then to have it end so poorly and confusing makes you feel like the creators don’t really care about the viewer that watches it. If Netflix is reading all the negative feedback from the fans of the show, I would suggest making 2 more episodes to tie all the ends up. That would be amazing, although I wouldn’t hold my breathe. For me, I really enjoyed the show and am let down by how it ended, I hope in the future Netflix will be more aware of how they end a show if they are going to cancel it.

• It’s important to realize and understand that Netflix gives unprecedented control to its creatives. The failure to wrap up season two’s plot in a way that would make its cancellation easier to withstand is really on the showrunners’ shoulders; they certainly knew that Sense8 was borderline on whether or not it would have a third season. I loved the show, and have a lot of respect for The Wakowskis, but being given creative freedom also means being given creative responsibility, and they made a mistake by leaving season 2’s storylines so unresolved.

See: Joss Whedon’s The Dollhouse, another diverse sci-fi show that got cancelled after its second season, but was able to adequately tie up its plot enough to not leave a wound.

• MJ says:

J Michael Straczynski (Sense8’s creator) confirmed they were not given any heads up that the show was being considered for cancellation, and that if they had been warned, they would have ended season 2 differently. So the cliffhanger is on Netflix.

14. Rick D says:

Adam West and Burt Ward were always my idea of who Batman and Robin were. They were likable and believable characters with a sense of humanity. It was cartoonist, sensational and silly but I loved the show. I grew up watching the reruns throughout childhood. Mr. West’s family should be proud that he left us with a legacy to enjoy amidst all of the utter violence and darkness portrayed in more recent renditions of Batman.

Rest In Peace. You will always be my favorite Batman, Sir.

15. Adryrn says:

“Too conventional” in this context evidently means appealing to too many queer people, and “pushing the envelope” in practice means seeing how much disrespect and rudeness you can put your customers through before they cancel their subscriptions. Clearly Sense8 has a huge fanbase, given the online reaction to its misguided cancellation. It was also clearly set up by Netflix to “fail” because the second season was 1) not advertised, 2) released during finals month (compare with the release date for Orange Is the New Black, when more of its fans will actually have time to binge watch it right away), 3) given less than a month to generate the viewing figures that were supposedly used to decide whether it should be continued.

I didn’t think TV was a medium that could actually be used for anything that would truly resonate with me, but the Wachowski sisters and J. Michael Straczynski proved me wrong with this show. It’s engaging, it’s beautiful, and the characters actually seem to think like me to a degree I’ve never seen before on TV and probably never will–thanks to the message that cancelling this show so quickly and after such a huge cliffhanger says. Cutting it off like this only hurts the medium and tells their subscribers that they can’t be trusted with the stories they produce. Why pay Netflix to break my heart when I can pirate anything they make just as easily as I can subscribe?

• Joe says:

Your assessment that Sense8 had a huge following and that, somehow, Netflix doesn’t respect the gay community is false. At $12 mil an episode, the show better bring in GoT level viewership to survive. Sense8 was popular, but not enough, obviously. If the show wanted to survive, it needed a bigger audience, which it clearly didn’t have, no matter how big you might think the outcry is.

• L. says:

@Dan Spengler: You are the only person I have thus far talked to who said anything of the sort. Most tell the opposite story.

• Dan Spengler says:

@L

I got more than one email notification from Netflix when Sense8 season 2 was released. And when there were new episodes, it was right there at the top of my app showing the red NEW EPISODES flag in the “You May Like section.” And before long, there was a Sense8 banner at the top of my Netflix page. There was no way I could have missed it.

• Netflix is producing more diverse television than anyone else in the world. Sense8 had a first season, a Christmas Special, and then a month of a second season, to prove to Netflix that its extremely high cost of production was justifed by its viewership. I loved the show. I’m bummed that it’s gone.

But it was the showrunners who decided to end the second season via cliffhanger, though they certainly knew that the show was at risk of not returning for a third season. It was the showrunners who decided that it would be shot all around the world in a very expensive manner. They created a great show — just not a sustainable show. Ultimately, that’s on them and not on Netflix — Netflix gives its showrunners more creative freedom than anyone else.

It’s important not to blame Netflix. Great shows fail, and those failures are complicated matters. Netflix is going to continue to produce cutting edge, diverse television — it’s not like Sense8 and The Get Down were its only diverse shows. And though they failed, they no doubt taught Netflix (a young creative company) some valuable lessons about budget, but they will have paved the way for even more diverse television in the future.

Be sad, but don’t be mad. We got two great seasons of Sense8 and a great season of The Get Down, and the world’s still a better place because of it.

• L. says:

@Joe, you keep saying 12 mil an episode, it was 6 the first season and 9 the second. 12 mil was The Getdown and The Crown was 13 mil per.

@Donathin, actually the creators had no idea they were at risk for cancellation. Netflix was in the process of optioning the core actors and had signed at least half before word came down.

It might well have had something to do with the expense of the show, but I truly believe Netflix planned on undercutting it so they had a reason to cancel. I’ve gotten emails from them on every show I’ve ever watched when a new season debuts, except for Sense8. It also hasn’t been included in their originals section on the main page for at least the last six months; I know because I looked.Think about the hype that any of their other originals has gotten in the past and then compare it what Sense8 got for season two. I think you’ll find there’s quite the discrepancy.

16. Jimmy says:

Netflix is breaking the hearts of fans. Dear Netflix can you start making one season shows with self contained seasons because you always cancel your shows early. I will plan for Stranger Things to end at season 2. Thanks for the press on cancelling Sense8, this isn’t really helping much but you are talking down to fans instead with these interviews.

• Remember that it’s the showrunners who decide how seasons end. Netflix is, creatively, hands off. Sense8 season two shouldn’t have been left with a cliffhanger, but that wasn’t Netflix’s fault. Part of the reason why their shows are so good is that they give control to their showrunners — but that means those showrunners also must shoulder the responsibility of making financially feasible shows that stay within budget and aren’t left with open-ended narratives. Sense8 was fantastic, but the Wachowskis spent too much money and chose to end season two on a cliffhanger, despite being aware that season 3 might not happen.

• jason1318 says:

“despite being aware that season 3 might not happen.” Not true. In March Netflix wanted to renew the show. They signed new contracts with the cast.

17. Blake says:

Sorry, what a load of bull. You can’t blame viewership when you don’t bother marketing a show. Especially one with a big budget and 2 year hiatus. Then you play it for barely 3 weeks and cancel. I’ve been obsessed and waiting since Season 1 and never saw a single ad, never had it come up in recommendations, I had to search for it. Both the Christmas special after being told by a friend and Season 2 because I have been waiting forever for it. This seems to be the trend.

Judging by recent cancellations vs. renewals and pickups, pushing the envelope means weeding out diversity and putting on more white faces. Great job Netflix. What a disappointment. I’m glad it isn’t 2007 anymore. There are plenty of other streaming services out there.

• Dan Spengler says:

Season 2 was all over my recommendations. It was in my email, my “You May Like” queue, and my “New Episodes” queue. I also had a Sense8 banner at the top of my app.

18. BobbyB says:

Absolute garbage. Sense8 has to be one of the largest fan bases (based off every online forum I can find) a Netflix show can have. Netflix didn’t promote it at all, so whatever growth they were looking for in viewership can only come organically. That requires time. As for why it took so long for season 2, the creative team didn’t get renewed very quickly. The Sense8 fan base had to lobby for it and then there was the fallout with one of the leads after they started shooting season 2. They had to go back and reshoot all of his scenes.

BRING SENSE8 BACK NETFLIX!!!

19. Jay Ocean says:

I was disgusted and upset with the cancellation of Sense8.

When I first saw it in 2015, it was the most exciting television show I had seen in many years.
    When I saw the Xmas special, it made me happy.
    I binge-watched Season 2 in a day.

I felt sick to my stomach (not hyperbole; this really happened) – I’m not a huge television watcher – when I read that it had been cancelled. No respect to its fans as there is no wrap up. Messed up. Terrible to do because, as another commenters stated: it’s art. They screwed with the bond millions (I’m thinking of its immense popularity in Brazil, too) of fans felt with its characters.

Damn.

20. nerdrage says:

“Not to put words in his mouth, but what he meant was that Silicon Valley celebrates failure” – yeah I work in high tech so I know what those guys mean. They don’t think like Hollywood. They think like a tech startup, and their strategy revolves around the concept of A/B testing and the constant assumption that whatever they are doing now, however good it might look, there’s something out there undiscovered that is even better.

They do A/B testing everywhere, such as the thumbnails they use to promote shows. Notice how they keep rotating? That’s the test happening in the background, trying to find the ideal thumbnail for each segment.

The thing about the A/B testing philosophy is, you need a lot of stuff to test, always. Cancelling shows, especially pricey ones, in order to make more shows to test is how you “fail faster,” aka, finding out what failure even means, and what success means. Netflix is inventing this as they go. They don’t even know how to define failure or success right now. Whatever definition they have is provisional, pending the next test…

21. Psychics for Sense8 says:

SENSATE HAD THE HIGHEST VIEWERSHIP ON NETFLIX between May 29 and June 4 (2017). That’s less than a month after the 2nd season debut – WHICH NETFLIX FAILED TO ADVERTISE and didn’t even highlight as one of its main shows. Even today Sense8 still needs to be searched for on Netflix.

The viewership IS THERE and even bigger now after Season 2’s success. NETFLIX CANCELED SENSE8 LESS THAN A MONTH AFTER THE SEASON 2 LAUNCH! Some people had no idea it even launched until the end of May.

Netflix is LYING! They are canceling the show not only because of prejudice but because they are too stupid to understand their own product.

How many Sense8 fans are out there and how loyal? How many times will they watch a season and how many people will they bring to Netflix?

1) The viewership argument is a LIE!

2) Sense8’s PAST production costs MEANS LITTLE WHEN VIEWERSHIP IS SO HIGH.

3)…means little when Netflix reps are getting 20+ calls a day to renew Sense8

4)…when fans are willing to pay for Sense8 episodes or fund an entire season.

5) …when Season 3 would see ALL THE CAST IN THE SAME LOCATION and therefore a REDUCTION OF COSTS.

NETFLIX IS LYING. RENEW SENSE8!!!

• nerdrage says:

Ok first off, you don’t know what the viewership was. Nobody knows for sure because Netflix doesn’t say.

Even if there are some ways of making a good guess, and there probably are, highest “between May 29 and June 4” (aka when the new season launched) is meaningless. Netflix shows probably all dominate their launch time period, big deal. What happens the rest of the year?

And how much does viewership even matter? Netflix runs on subscriptions. I’m sure they have a way of looking at the copious data they collect on both viewership and subscriber behavior (what shows do they watch right after they first subscribe? what shows correlate to continuing subscription vs. cancelling subscriptions?) and figuring out just how much each show is worth to them, down to the fraction of a penny.

Then they take a look at the ballooning budget and think about the other shows they could be making with that budget. Then they swing the axe. Netflix is a business, not a charity.

• Psychics for Sense8 says:

LISTENFIRST and MANY industries, companies, institutions MONITOR ONLINE TV SHOW VIERWSHIP.

Check out their “Television Interest Ratings (TVI)” for the “week of May 29, 2017 – June 01, 2017”. I found a copy of the data on CDN (plus a dot) CYNOPSIS (plus a dot) COM. Sensate was also rated highly the week before.

Also Shareablee had sense as the 3rd top U.S. streaming shows and rated it based on actions of users, fans and followers.

SEASON 1 OF SENSE8 WAS PIRATED over a million times

I would have put in LINKS in my first comment but doing so blocked my comments online at almost all sites.

WTF are you talking about “not a charity”. Did I say that?? I EXPLICITLY MENTIONED THAT SENSE8 FANS MAKE NETFLIX MONEY and could make more if Netflix had let Season 2 run for more than A MONTH!! And that they will take that money somewhere else if Netflix drops Sensate.

Maybe Netflix SHOULD look into how much they’re losing through cancelations. Netflix employees have stated they are shocked by the cancelation and have received a huge response, including cancelations. Many people watched the show and employees HAVE SEEN HIGH NUMBERS for the show.

Prejudice and mistakes happen. Netflix could have looked at Sense8 and just figured it was weird and could be axed without thinking it would result in THIS.

22. L. says:

So I’m wondering this; why did the service bury Sense8? Why is it not included on the site under Original content? Why was it cancelled only 27 days after the season 2 release? Maybe to make sure it had a tiny audience?

I mean, season 1 obviously had enough viewers to not only justify a second season, but to be pirated over half a million times within the first 72 hours. However, the second season got very little fanfare, certainly nowhere near the amount OITNB did, despite Netflix labeling season 1 a hit. Do you realize there are still fans shocked to find out that the season 2 episodes have been released?

• nerdrage says:

What probably happened is that Netflix was content with Sense8’s performance in season one. But in the two years it took to get season 2, a lot changed. Netflix got some more hit shows. They started to see just how good a show could do without a huge budget (Stranger Things, Luke Cage, 13 Reasons Why).

They got less patient with big budget shows that don’t draw big audiences. The OA probably had an audience as big as Sense8, but the budget is probably a tenth as big, judging from the limited locales and generally cheap look.

The Wachowski’s shouldn’t have waited so long to produce season two. With that long a hiatus, they need to come out of the gate with their asses on fire, with or without Netflix promotion. They didn’t produce something worth the wait or the budget. Sayonara, suckers.

This may be as much a lesson to Netflix’s other shows as it is culling the deadwood. Playtime is over, this is a business. Come in on time and under budget, or it’s goodbye.

• L. says:

You could be right, but then again I’m STILL sitting here waiting on Jessica Jones season 2.

23. There is a line between contributing great art to culture, and how profitable it is. There are times art should come over profit, especially for a rich company like Netflix, and Sense8 is one of those times.

• nerdrage says:

Netflix is not rich. Its business model is far from proven. It may rake in a lot of money but it also has to spend a lot of money to keep ahead of the competition. My bet is that Netflix will succeed in proving their business model but right now they are treading water frantically to keep their heads above water. I’m not at all surprised that they are swinging the axe harder now.

• Alex clarke says:

netflix is indeed rich. their employees make multiple times over their counterparts in traditional media companies

24. Octo says:

Then where was the promotion for Sense8? Why is it that I see more Riverdale ads when it’s not even a Netflix original? It’s literally a CW show they had streaming rights to. Why is it that they spent so much on Sense8 the barely promote it? They know the size of the audience. They know that they could have EASILY promoted slightly more to increase the size of the audience to ensure they were getting their money’s worth out of the show. Ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that one more season of Sense8 would have an immensely reduced budget which actually would be justified by the size of it’s audience.

25. Jose says:

Maybe if you would advertise the series like you do OITNB.. Tiny audience really have you now seen all the people upset about this. Oh, that’s right you don’t care about your customers so good bye Netflix..

26. Kay Xiong says:

Then I’ll just cancel Netflix..

• losers are still losers says:

Oh yeah, that’ll work.

• nerdrage says:

People are always cancelling Netflix. They raised the price and people said they’d cancel. They blocked VPNs and people said they’d cancel. Maybe they did, but guess what, that subscriber base keeps going up and up.