Meghan McCain to Leave Fox News Channel (EXCLUSIVE)

Meghan McCain
Jim Smeal/BEI/REX/Shutterstock

Meghan McCain, the political scion who turned a stint as a blogger and TV show host into a role as a contributor at Fox News Channel, is leaving the network.

McCain is the oldest daughter of U.S. Senator John McCain, the Arizona Republican and 2008 presidential candidate, who in July was diagnosed with brain cancer following a procedure to remove a blood clot above his left eye. She was seen on Fox News as one of the co-hosts on “Outnumbered,” an afternoon program that added a different male guest each day to a rotating group of female contributors.

“Meghan has been a valuable part of ‘Outnumbered’ and the Fox News team,” the 21st Century Fox-owned outlet said in a statement. “We’re sad to see her go, but we wish her all the best.”

“I’m so thankful to Fox News for the chance to be on ‘Outnumbered,’ but I’m leaving to focus on other things,” McCain said in a statement. “I have no doubt the show will continue to do well and wish all my friends and colleagues at the network nothing but success.”

At the time Senator McCain’s diagnosis was revealed, she said via Twitter that “the news of my father’s illness has affected every one of us in the McCain family. My grandmother, mother, brothers, sister and I have all endured the shock of the news, and now we live with the anxiety about what comes next.” Since that time, Senator McCain has received treatment for the disease, but maintained an active role in government.

Meghan McCain has enjoyed a steady line of interesting media gigs over the last several years. She first garnered broader notice by blogging about life on the campaign trail. From there, she became a contributor to both The Daily Beast and MSNBC. In 2013, she snared a role as a host on a few programs that aired on Pivot, a now-defunct cable network that aimed to reach millennial viewers. McCain has written a campaign memoir, “Dirty Sexy Politics,” as well as “America, You Sexy Bitch: A Love Letter to Freedom,” a collaboration with comedian Michael Ian Black. She has described herself as a Republican who holds liberal views on several social issues.

She joined Fox News in the summer of 2015.

1. SUSAN says:

GOOD RUDDENS TO AND YOUR DADS TRUE LIBERAL VIEWS HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED TOYING WITH US AMERICANS THAT HES NOW SCREWING OVER ON THE REPEAL VOTE. WERE PAYING FOR ALL OF HIS MILLIONS SPENT ON HOSP AND DR BILLS COURTESY OF OUR TAXES!! WHAT A JERK!! YET HES NOT HELING US. HES A LYING DEMOCRAT. THERES A VIDEO WHETE HE STATES REPEAL REPLACE BLACK O CARE AND NOW HE LIES!!! HIS FATHER AND GRANDFATHER SAVED HIS ASS WHEN HE LEFT HIS SOLDIERS BEHIND TO NEVER COME HOME FROM VIETNAM! SOO HE NEEDS TO RETURN THE FAVOR AND SAVE US THIS TIME WITH A VOTE TO BE A REAL HERO. WE ARE SICK OF THIS CRAP. GET IT?? LIKE MY DAD IN WORLD WAR ll WITH ALL OF HIS FOUR BROTHERS SAID YOURE NOTHING WITHOUT CHARACTER. HES RIGHT BULLY JOHN!!!!!!!

2. I hope she joins “The View”. She will mop the floor with those leftist liars.

3. Joe blow says:

Megan is hot, smart, and sassy. Love the chick! Put her on the view with those liberal she-men and let her kick aome butt!

4. Packard says:

If her last name were not McCain, one might even wonder just how far her stellar broadcast career might have taken her.

5. LOL, she is leaving Outnumbered because they wouldn’t bend down and make the Traitor John McCain look good. Glad she is leaving and going to view…..I never watch the Rino far left loon channel.

6. Joseph Grogan says:

She was very uninteresting. Glad they let her go!

7. Samual Colt says:

Ya, tell Songbird Johnny we’re still waiting.
    So get it over with already.

8. Randy Rogers says:

Farewell, another opportunist, a Conservative, I think not!

9. Joshua Dean says:

She should have joined “The View” when they gave her an offer. Too late now because they have Jeddiah Bila as the consrevative voice.

10. Greg says:

“She has described herself as a Republican who holds liberal views on several social issues.”
    Translation: RINO

11. George louderbough says:

I cannot stand her or her father. Please go away.

12. Patty Stempkowski, Prescott, Az. says:

The only reason I watched Outnumbered was because of Meghan McCain. She was very knowledgeable in what she did. Because of her father John McCain being in Politics, Meghan knew a lot about politics and was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in her field. I was hoping she would take over for Meghan Kelly when she left Fox News because Meghan McCain has a very energetic personality like Meghan Kelly; and I knew that Fox News would have received great feed back from the viewing audience for her services.

Patty

13. stacy says:

No loss mcstain.

14. Good riddance, and take your goofy daddy with you, I haven’t watch Outnumbered since Andrea Tantaros got canned.

15. Ari Manuel says:

We’re just so hopeful that daddy John will be gone soon as well.

16. Barbie says:

I love a strong conservative who is not afraid to argue and reason and defend the conservative view, however Meghan always made me cringe with her establishment Rhino agenda. Simply gross and out of touch. Don’t you have to be likeable and charming to be influencial in politics? Best of luck, elsewhere, but I don’t see her being any kind of influencer in the conservative movement. Her father is an abomination to this country with his fierce fight to defeat Trump at every turn. He is not fighting for the American people, only his ego and wallet in K Street and arms deals. Gross. In his younger years he took many out on the Senate floor through his volatile anger and rage, with fist fights and stretchers. How monster of him. And lest we forget when he called his own wife a “c*nt” on stage on a hot mic during a campaign rally. Gross. That’s why I never voted for him.

17. Carol doiglas says:

Sad to see her go. She never minced words and always looked forward to her comments.

18. This lady is a class act. Smart,witty, and honest with her opinions. We haven’t seen the last of her.

19. Ed Pascu says:

THANK GOD SHE IS LEAVING. NOW CAN WE GET HER OLD MAN TO GO AWAY TOO?

20. Penny says:

So sorry this has happened to your family. That’s what our lives are really about, loving each other n caring for one another. Take care Meghan n may God give u all strength n peace for your journey.

21. Bon says:

It’s probably the fact SHE CANNOT – NO
    WAY – CRITICIZE HER FATHER WHEN SHE KNOWS VERY WELL HE IS 100% WRONG
    FOR GOP! She is as blunt as they come
    which is good for a talk show, bad for her
    father. JOHN MCCAIN NEVER FORGOT
    MEANINGLESS COMMENTS FROM TRUMP SO IN ORDER TO TO BE RELEVANT – LIKE A LITTLE CHILD & DEM
    PARTY HE COULD ONLY OBSTRUCT!!!
    He ruined it FOR AMERICA, GOP, DAUGHTER MOST OF ALL HIMSELF!!!!!!!!
    WHAT KIND OF LEGACY IS THAT???!!!!!!
    Have a nice day!

22. Pal88 says:

Good riddance..I found myself disagreeing with her positions more than not…. I guess it runs in the family…

23. Megyn was an asset to Outnumbered but I am not surprised she is not returning. Aside from his health issues, her Dad has made some very indefensible political moves of late…. not the least of which is his part in creating the false dossier on Trump, then handing it to his pal HRC… Megyn will probably pop back up at MSNBC or CNN…. I wish her well.

• dee says:

Is McCain “creating the false dossier on Trump, then handling {sic} it to his pal HRC…” the latest story on FOX? Who was the source? Was the dossier shown on FOX or Breitbart?

• Tara Tanner says:

You are a fake Conservative….I also bet you never served. Please feel free to f off. Fake Conservatards bring down the party and you are def one of them!

24. robert lauzon says:

Not a real conservative. Definitely rode her father’s shirt tails. ? will she now sue Fox for whatever. A lot of people would not watch whatever show she would be on. However, hope she finds a place somewhere she can succeed in her endeavors. She would convince her dad to go home also and enjoy his time with family and friends. He has done enough damage to the Republican brand.

• mcgwynne says:

That’s being a little harsh buddy.

Perhaps is you who are casting a shadow on the Republican Party with your rigidity and unkind thinking.

Being a conservative doesn’t mean you have to be a conservative about another persons happiness.

Lighten up and we’ll travel together.

25. Happy John says:

Her radio show was terrible. I can only imagine how bad she was on television. Her next job should be to convince her father to retire without any of the bonuses Senators give to themselves when they retire.

26. Shirley Stevenson says:

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, did not really agree with your opinions most of the time…too liberal.

27. gordon says:

Bye Bye Miss Piggy

28. Not Chicken Little says:

For some reason this story brings to my mind that old country song, “How Can I Miss You When You Won’t Go Away?”

29. Let us all be thankful for such small favors as this

• mcgwynne says:

I see the negative squad is out in force today.

Down that road lies disappointments, resentment, and injustice.

• "The negative squad" says:

The few trying to defend her are the funniest of all..I never watched that show anyway. I’m just glad Buck Sexton took her place on America Now. She was such a RINO on there too. It’s nice to see the costume come off to expose the wolf beneath.

• Lilybean says:

Many posters need to remember that #DearLeader is no more a principled conservative than I am so trying to berate Senator McCain is ridiculous when compared to Bannon, et al.

• TN1WR says:

I for one shall miss her well-considered and conservative opinions on Outnumbered. All delivered with an almost musical voice. She is the very definition of reasonable thought. 21st Century Fox has lost the main jewel in its crown. There, how’s that?