Syfy Cancels Matt Damon-Ben Affleck Series ‘Incorporated’

Incorporated Syfy Canceled
Courtesy of Syfy

Syfy won’t be ordering another season of thriller “Incorporated,” Variety has confirmed.

The news comes a little more than a month after “Incorporated” finished its first season on the NBCU cable network. Deadline first reported the cancelation.

“Incorporated” came from executive producers Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, and Jennifer Todd, with “The Good Wife” scribe Ted Humphrey as showrunner, and was a hot commodity when brought to the marketplace. The show was created by David and Alex Pastor, who wrote and directed the pilot; Damon and Affleck’s Pearl Street Films produced along with CBS Television Studios and Syfy’s sister studio Universal Cable Productions.

Set in a future where corporations have unlimited power, “Incorporated” revolved around Ben Larson (Sean Teale, “Reign”), a young executive who concealed his true identity to infiltrate a very dangerous corporate world to save the woman he loves and quickly found he wasn’t the only one in this world with a secret. Dennis Haysbert, who just booked a lead role in NBC’s pilot “Reverie,” also starred, along with Julia Ormond and Eddie Ramos.

The series debuted to mostly positive reviews. “‘Incorporated‘ is an energetic and watchable science-fiction thriller that posits that a climate apocalypse will be followed by a swift division of survivors into haves and have-nots — all by the year 2074,” Variety‘s Maureen Ryan wrote. “Right now, that date feels like a somewhat optimistic estimate.”

Yet the show didn’t exactly pop in the ratings, averaging a Live+Same Day audience of just under 500,000 and a 0.16 in the 18-49 demographic, with delayed viewing not quite doubling those base numbers.

Canceled TV Shows in 2017: What’s Not Returning

1. Robert Greene says:

I hope that Netflix or CBS or somebody picks up this show. I really liked it and was waiting patiently for the second season. That’s when I went looking in Google for info on the show and discovered that they cancelled it. Too bad. I thought it really had potential.

2. betty says:

all the good shows get cancelled.. incorporated was AWESOME!! Bring back Almost Human!

3. Dennis says:

Just searched to find out that it had been cancelled. Good show; watched the entire 1st season. Only Sci Fi show that I watch(ed).

4. Ben says:

This was a great show. I watched it on a flight home and It caught my attention right away, especially with the way the world is working out now. I hope they pitch this show to another, more popular, network to pick up. I’m sure viewers would increase. I would love to see this on HBO or Netflix or Amazon. It’s way better than Westworld.

5. this was a brilliant show-all the good shows are cancelled-is the IQ of the nation in decline? or just of those who take these decisions…yet idiotic shows like young and restless are immortal

6. I am so tired of great shows getting canceled and all the issues and questions going unresolved. Can Ben and Matt please get a movie version produced so we can find out what happens? I don’t care it goes straight to video. Please!!!

7. Myka says:

Damn , i loved that show..dammit dammit..

8. Igino says:

My favorite show! Why they stop It?? Hope Netflix can buy the rights!! Any petition?

9. Well SHIT. I loved this show. Damn it. I just finished the last episode and was pumped to see what was in store for season 2. Sunk costs now damn it. I’ll never know. Does Ben rescue Elena? Does he get caught? Does his cover get burned? What becomes of Theo? Does Theo wind up getting Ben burned by turning his name over to the thug with tattoos in the suit? What about BenWife and her clinic? Do Spiga and Inagazi go to war. Goddamn it.

10. CatGiorgia says:

SyFy Channel should do better than this. This was an excellent show, with well-written plots and back-stories. It deserves a second season. Common, somebody step up and renew this before the actors all disburse

11. Noah Jonas says:

,Matt Damon alone could have made this a hit show, but untalented Ben Affleck caused it to crash and burn.

12. Drethnudrib says:

That’s too bad. I had high hopes for this show based on a solid first season. The acting was very good, and the production values were top-notch. Plus, the dystopian vibe was similar to the Shadowrun role-playing game, which I adored growing up. Near-future corporate intrigue and statesmanship is interesting subject matter in this day and age, and I hope Westworld can take up the slack in the genre.

13. A smart decision. SYFY renewed 6 shows last season that all had ratings under a 0.20, and there is a good chance that none of them will have better ratings this season. In fact, the ratings will be even worse for most, if not all of them. SYFY will probably want to renew The Expanse even if the live average ratings fall under a 0.20(which would be worse than last season). Now they can do it.

14. Taunya K says:

I am hugely disappointed that “Incorporated” has been cancelled. It was an extremely well written and well executed show. I loved the character development. I truly hope this gets picked up by another network. I agree with another person’s comments… people apparently just want smut.

15. Sayre says:

This was my favorite new show. Even more than Westworld.

16. Professor M says:

My son and I love this show and think it has huge potential as the plot thickens for the main characters. We sincerely hope Netflix will pick this series up and run with it.

17. James Brigham (Bigg) Bunyon says:

Garbage in; Garbage Out. Nothing new and boring as usual. Bring on the next loser.

18. Tony says:

Very good show.
    However, viewers want smut.
    Shame.

19. JoeR says:

Such screwed it up, as usual. I would have watched but Syfy’ s On Demand did not hold the first few episodes so that it couldn’t be watched from the beginning. No point in bothering now. It is Not the first time the channel has purposefully sabotaged one of their shows

20. Faye Kanews says:

Here we go. The beginning of the down slide before the redemption.

Matt Damon & Great Wall flop.
    Ben Affleck & Live By Night flop.
    Now no more blind tv pick ups.

Time for them to reunite for a big comeback next year with Good Will Hunting 2: The Ivy League Tenured Professor & The Construction worker turned Retired Boston Cop now Private Detective Duo.

21. Greg says:

I gave up on it after the first 4 episodes, as there were no likeable characters in it.

• What? Ben is a likable character. He’s a wonderful man. A simply wonderful man. He thinks he’s a monster but he hasnt’ really done anything bad. He’s just a man who had a hard life in the beginning who is trying to save a beautiful girl. Sure he got an asshole fired and killed another even bigger asshole. Big deal. And Benwife is a nice girl. She’s not done anything wrong really. And Elena is a sweatheart. They are all nice people.