Fox Renews ‘Lucifer’ for Season 3

Lucifer Renewed Season 3
Michael Courtney/FOX

The devil ain’t done yet. Fox has renewed “Lucifer” for a third season of 22 episodes.

The Warner Bros. TV drama centers around Satan (Tom Ellis), a.k.a. Lucifer Morningstar, relinquishing his job as Hell’s gatekeeper and taking up residence in Los Angeles to own a club and solve crimes with the LAPD. In Nielsen’s Live+Same Day numbers, it’s averaging a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 3.83 viewers; Fox says that across all platforms the series is averaging 8 million viewers per episode.

Currently on hiatus, the show will return to finish out its second season starting on May 1, in its usual Monday 9 p.m. slot, where it’s proven a stable draw behind fellow WBTV series “Gotham.”

“’Lucifer’ is one of those rare shows that starts strong out of the gate, and just keeps getting better and better,” said Fox Broadcasting entertainment president David Madden. “Tom, Lauren and the entire cast have really made these characters three-dimensional, and the production team — Jerry, Len, Jonathan, Joe and Ildy — is one of the best in the business. We’d also like to thank our partners Warner Bros. for their commitment to this show and we look forward to seeing where this wildly innovative series takes us in Season 3.”

“Lucifer” is produced by Warner Bros. Television, in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Aggressive Mediocrity. The series is based on characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth and Mike Dringenberg for Vertigo, from DC Entertainment. Tom Kapinos (“Californication”) wrote and executive produced the pilot. The series is executive produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson. Len Wiseman serves as director and executive producer. Tom Ellis, Lauren German, Rachael Harris, DB Woodside, Lesley-Ann Brandt, Kevin Alejandro, Aimee Garcia, Tricia Helfer, and Scarlett Estevez star.

1. Sarah says:

Love Lucifer glad it’s having a third season with our great fellow Brit Tom Ellis well done!😊😊

2. Tom Mitchell says:

i love this show but sad to hear chloe gets back with her husband which just does,nt work for me,i want her and lucifer to get together dont think i will watch if chloe goes back to her husband will ruin it for me

3. Vanessa Yancy says:

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. I was hooked from episode 1, season 1 and can barely wait for season 3…4 5 6 7 etc. etc.

4. Gerri P says:

Best show to hit TV Ever! The writers are excellent and the cast is brilliant. Nobody could have played Lucifer better than Tom Ellis. So happy to hear there’s going to be a Season 3 and hopefully many many more after that.

5. Jose M. says:

Great movie. I love it. I saw the two seasons. Waiting for the third. :D

6. pearl says:

GREAT GREAT show. Keep it going and make sure to renew renew

7. Dijaira Smith says:

Love this show. It is different, joyful, and everything else. I am looking forward for season 3. Counting down.

8. Greer says:

Cant wait for season 3 its a great show love it

9. Rebecca Collins says:

thank you so very, very much to everyone involved for this tv story… such talent is rare these days… it is one of the few shows I look forward to seeing…patiently awaiting Monday May 1.2017 @ 9p.m.
    Rebecca Collins Terrace, B.C. Canada

10. Chantilette Franklin says:

I am glad that they are coming back. How the writers have set the stage for this excellent series is captivating. We see Lucifer for who he really is in theory, but how the twist of him appearing as an Angel of light is genius. But it’s not a ploy as the Bible suggest somehow he has developed a soul the ability to actually care for someone other than himself. I really have enjoyed this series. Can’t wait to see how he deal with his own human emotions that we face everyday. We he be able to overcome by overcoming his natural nature!! May 1st can’t make it here fast enough.

11. syzygysb says:

This news makes me extremely happy. I really can’t get enough of Tom Ellis, Leslie-Ann Brandt and D.B. Woodside. I like Lauren German, too, but those other three are absolutely just so so fun to watch.

The one-liners and quips are enough to keep me coming back for more. But the biggest magnet (besides the TERRIFICALLY WITTY writing) is definitely Tom Ellis. I nominate him for the next Bond.

12. Angela says:

I agree with you cadavra. This show is written by brilliant writers and staff. And compared to the all the other junk that network television thrusts upon us, Lucifer is like a tall glass of water when you’re dying of thirst.

13. cadavra says:

Excellent news! Perhaps the most fun and clever procedural on all of television. If it were on Netflix it’d be showered with awards, but quality network series get the back of the hand these days.

• Jpe says:

Awards??? even the basic concept of the show makes no sense. One of the dumbest shows I’ve ever seen on television

• Barbara Marie says:

Cadavra, I’m sorry my comment wasn’t meant towards you at all, I apologize if you thought it was… it was meant for jpe and what he said…

And I apologize that spellcheck changed the word *** empathy 🤣😂 with anencephaly 😐😲 which means something totally different… I was looking up some stuff on my Brian damage injury and I don’t know what was going on…
        I guess I got a little to passionate, which I haven’t done a lot since my assault..

Again, I’m sorry if you thought for a moment, that my comment was directed at you…
        Please have a great night 😊

• Barbara Marie says:

I don’t understand why you would say such a rude remark!! That the show makes no sense!!! Obviously, 8 million viewers tend to disagree with you !?!?! Especially me… I enjoy 😊 this show, it’s funny, witty, and it’s great that they are able to humanize Lucier with a soul, anencephaly have him fall in love 😍

• cadavra says:

Well, I’ll concede that it doesn’t rise to the towering intellectualism of “Duck Dynasty” or “Real Housewives,” but the performances and writing are aces–at least to us dumb people.

• Tim James says:

It makes sense within the context of its own fiction. It sounds like you may be projecting your own expectations onto it and blaming it for failing to failing to fulfill them, rather than accepting that it’s you, again you, always, always you.