Fox Reviving ‘Love Connection’ Dating Show With Host Andy Cohen

Love Connection Andy Cohen
Courtesy of Bravo

Another day, another television game show reboot.

Fox has greenlit a revival of “Love Connection,” which will be hosted by Andy Cohen. The show will air in summer 2017 with a 15-episode season

The announcement was made on Wednesday at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, Calif. by Fox Television Group Chairman and CEO Gary Newman.

“The Bachelor” creator Mike Fleiss is executive producer, and Cohen will serve as co-executive producer.

The new one-hour series, based on the original game show that ran from 1983 to 1994, will feature single men and women in search of romance. After the singles are sent on three blind dates, they will dish the dirt in front of a live studio audience, alongside Cohen.

“I was a huge fan of the original ‘Love Connection,’ and hosting the new version allows me to do one of the things I love most: meddling in people’s personal lives,” said Cohen.

Fleiss added: “‘Love Connection’ was always one of my favorite programs. Show creator Eric Lieber was a close friend of mine. He taught me a lot about the relationship show format. The first rule — if the cast is good, just stay out of the way.”

The reboot of “Love Connection” has been kicking around for quite some time with Warner Bros. Television. The series hails from Fleiss’ Next Entertainment, Warner Horizon Television and Telepictures Productions. Other exec producers are Martin Hilton (“The Bachelor”), James Breen (“So You Think You Can Dance” and Jason Ehrlich (“The Bachelor”).

“We couldn’t be more thrilled to bring this incredibly beloved and iconic show to primetime network television. The combination of the insanely talented Andy Cohen and the undisputed king of relationship shows Mike Fleiss is absolute magic…add in the perfect home of FOX…and I think we have a match made in heaven,” said Mike Darnell, president of unscripted and alternative television at Warner Bros.

“Love Connection” is the latest game show reboot to head to TV, following ABC’s “Match Game” with Alec Baldwin, “Celebrity Family Feud” with Steve Harvey and “$100,000 Pyramid” with Michael Strahan. ABC also recently greenlit a reboot of “The Gong Show.”

Also at the TCA press tour, Fox announced that Jamie Foxx will serve as host of the previously-announced new musical game show “Beat Shazam,” which will also air this upcoming summer. Foxx will also serve as executive producer on the series, alongside Mark Burnett, who said: “Jamie is a quadruple-threat and creative genius. He is an incredible actor, comedian, singer and dancer. Also, his musical knowledge is so great that he could probably… beat Shazam.”

1. Kimberley Joy says:

I am super curious to know what a dream date involves when the two couples make a love connection and win an overnight dream date?

2. Michele says:

Why don’t these shiws have older adults? We need love connections too

• Sonya Carter says:

Hello, always loved the dating game. How can I audition for the show? Please tell me how. I’m ready to date again after being married for 28 years! Divorced for 4. I’m ready!

3. Amy Schuster says:

how does your gf feel about that?

• James Greek says:

She doesn’t know. She needs to cut me loose and find herself a man there in Bolivia but I don’t know know whst to tell her. I don’t want to hurt the poor dear. I wish she’d let me see other people. Also, I heard it might not make it past the first season. Dating shows are dying out and online dating can be a scam.

4. James Greek says:

I signed up for Love Connection and I have not heard back from them! I have a gf but she is in Bolivia and I need a woman who lives in the US!

5. Kenedi Smith says:

My parents met on Love connection in the early 90s and are married for 23 years now. I’m excited to see it come back on!

6. James Greek says:

I applied waiting to hear back from them

7. Laura Arrington says:

I want to be a contestant on Love Connection.

8. Anonymous says:

Not to be rude Christopher, but its no use to compare Chuck Woolery to Andy Cohen one had a long-running and successful career in game show hosting while the other does not.

Also props to your very strong knowledge of Woolery’s past shows especially “Americas Game” Todd Schuster, good on you buddy.

I think we can all try our best to forget about the Clusterfail of the 1998-99 revival hosted by Pat Bullard along with its never-been-produced 2015 reboot hosted by comedian Loni Love am I right folkss?

9. Christopher says:

I wonder if casting is underway. Does anyone know how I can submit an application to become part of this project?! I was too young when the original aired but thank god for YouTube. The original host seemed great but Andy Cohen is our modern day Chuck W. Except louder and more bitchy.

10. Anonymous says:

Sorry folks, but It just won’t be the same without Chuck Woolery. He was and will always be associated with Love Connection In My Mind.

#twoandtwoforever.

• James Greek says:

I agree the PAT Bullard version was a bust

• Todd Schuster says:

Could not agree with you more Anonymous. Chuckles could still probably do it if he wanted to, even though he turns 76 in March. Almost 2 years after being fired from daytime Wheel on NBC, it turned out to be Chuck’s longest running show, 11 years. Lest we forget Scrabble 1984-1990 and 1993 on NBC, Greed FOX 1999-2000, Dating Game syndicated 1997-1999, Lingo GSN for 7 seasons. So he turned out to have a great career after Merv fired him from Wheel on XMAS Day 1981. I always joked that Chuck received a pink slip instead of presents. Who knows if Wheel would be on today if he stayed? Tough to say, but look at what Pat & Vanna have done since. Wish Andy Cohen the best in the new incarnation of Love Connection.

11. Valerie Howland says:

How can I get on Love Connection?

12. James Greek says:

I am glad that Love Connection coming back. Because Online dating can be a scam. Believe your me I came across a lot of scammers and shit.