Fox in ‘Preliminary Conversations’ to Revive ‘King of the Hill’

King of the Hill
Fox

From “The X-Files” to “24: Legacy” to “Prison Break,” Fox has been in the business of reviving beloved series of late. The next series to make that list may just be “King of the Hill.”

“We have had preliminary conversations with Greg [Daniels] and Mike [Judge],” Dana Walden, Chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, says. “I would like to explore that. We had a very preliminary conversation about that. Given what’s going on in the country, I think they had a point of view about how those characters would respond.”

Walden adds that Fox has only had one meeting earlier this summer with Daniels and Judge about the idea thus far, but she “would like to revisit it.”

“It was really just a first, exploratory, ‘Are you excited about this?’ They were both excited about it but they’re both very busy individually so it’s about finding time,” Walden says.

“King of the Hill” originally ran on Fox from 1997 to 2009 featuring the voice talent of Judge, Pamela Adlon, Kathy Najimy, Brittany Murphy, Johnny Hardwick, Stephen Root, Toby Huss, Chuck Mangione, and Tom Petty. The show’s original run featured 259 episodes, achieved global syndication, and became one of the network’s longest running series to date. It also briefly held the record for the second longest running animated sitcom in history and won two Emmy awards.

1. David says:

Seth, you can ruin your own shows with unfunny humor and celebrity burns, but so help me God you ruin a genuinely funny show like KOTH, requiem will be had.

2. Brad says:

Please, bring back King of the Hill!!!

3. Yermom says:

Judge gave up on the Beavis and Butthead reboot to focus on that yupster crapfest “Silicon Valley”. I don’t see him coming back to this….

4. yes can’t wait, I use to watch it all the time and still watch the reruns

5. Josh says:

This is a terrible idea, like having The Simpsons run for three decades terrible. Instead of killing old shows only to bring them back a decade later, perhaps the execs at Fox should kill themselves. That’s something I would watch.

6. Lauren Beisel says:

YES! All time favorite!!

7. Woody says:

This is best news all day, a reboot of a new-age classic. I know the words to almost all the episodes. What are you waiting for, times a wasting.

8. Jesse Reynolds says:

I would watch every single episode and buy every product advertised during every episode.

9. Jeff lott says:

Bring it back!

10. pop1002015 says:

This would be a dream come true. I hope this happens. King of the Hill is one of my favorite tv shows.

11. John Wilson says:

Hope the renew the show. It was a great series. My family and friends still love and watch it :) .

12. Alex says:

This show sucked the last couple of seasons. They ran it into the ground. There’s a reason why it was cancelled. If they could make the revival like the first 4 seasons then great. Sadly, I highly doubt they have the intelligence to figure that out though.

13. This will be so fantastic. I didn’t care for the ones when Luanne was married but some of the funniest shows on FOX.

14. Rusty Shackleford says:

How will this work without Brittany Murphy? Luanne was a huge part of the show. Writing her off or recasting the role are both awful options IMO

15. Robert says:

Please let it be true, I may start watching tv again!!!

16. Miguel says:

King of the Hill is by far my favorite show. I own every season and watch them constantly. I would love to see some more episodes. Mike and Greg, if you’re looking for writers, I could be available.

17. JL Emerson says:

I’d like to see Bobby in high school or college, and see that G. H. was adopted by Peggy and Hank, I tell you what.

18. Lisa says:

I would love this to be true!! I watch king of the hill all the time and my kids do too!! One of the best animated series ever!!!

19. Phil Roberts says:

I would like it better if Mike Judge made a cartoon based on “Idiocracy”.

20. Michael says:

Oh please let it be true, I faithfully watch my King of the Hill re-runs every night…..and every night it made me wish that new episodes were being made…..Please….Please…..Please bring it back, it is without a doubt my favorite animated series of the past 30 years.

21. Weary says:

And the writers all wanted a raise?? They’re just trotting out recycled material.