Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed for Season 2 (EXCLUSIVE)

Harry Connick Jr
Mike McGregor for Variety

Harry Connick Jr. is staying put in daytime. NBCUniversal Domestic TV and Fox Television Stations have renewed the syndicated daytime strip “Harry” for a second season this fall.

“I love my show! To continue sharing an hour every day with my audience is a great honor and thrill – can’t wait for season 2,” Connick said in a statement.

“Harry’s” viewership since its September premiere has been respectable, if not spectacular, averaging about 1.3 million viewers for the season to date in morning and early afternoon time slots. The show last week grabbed five Daytime Emmy Award nominations, including a bid for entertainment talk show host for Connick.

“Harry” has served up an upbeat blend of talk, comedy and variety segments along with music and performance segments highlighting the multifaceted host’s bona fides as an accomplished musician.

Related

Harry Connick Jr

Harry Connick Jr. Takes His Southern Charm and Wit to Daytime TV

The show has been championed by the Fox O&O group as a different spin on the daytime talk show format. Without the renewal on Fox-owned stations in 17 major markets — including New York, Los Angeles and Chicago — the show would not likely have made it to a second season. There had been chatter that NBC was considering shifting Connick to a host slot for the 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. hour of “Today,” but that was before NBC News made its big morning-show bet on Megyn Kelly.

“Harry” is headed by exec producers Eric and Justin Stangel, alums of “The Late Show with David Letterman,” and Jason Kurtz. Connick and his longtime manager Ann Marie Wilkins are also exec producers.

1. Janet Hinkston says:

Harry is gorgeous and so easy to watch but in addition to his musical talents, his sense of humor and double takes are exquisite. I’m also very impressed by how much he loves his wife and makes it known in a public way. He’s my TV boyfriend. Well done Jill !!!

2. Judith Harvey says:

Harry Connick Jr. Is a breath of fresh air. He is not only very talented, he does an awesome job interviewing his guests and has a remarkable rapport with his live audience. I love this show and tape it every day.

3. I luv harry show he’s so personable. Handsome great. Entertainer . its my favorite show he makes my day

4. Elisabeth says:

CONGRATULATIONS on your RENEWAL!
    You’ve broken the stereotype of typical “talk shows” as I LOVE your unique style! You share uplifting stories, and you are so genuine with your interview skills and you actually take an interest in what your guests are saying and respond so well. You’re so good at spontaneous reactions and making fun of yourself! How lucky we are with your musical performances! Love the band!! Get them some stools so they can chill for the hour!

You are a force to be reckoned with and I am hooked on your show!
    Thanks for bringing the sunshine to my house!

5. Buck says:

You can tell Harry is regular guy. Feels like I’m visiting with a friend. I wanna hang with Harry!!!!!!!

6. Joann m says:

Not a regular daytime watcher but a friend took me to a taping and we had a BLAST!! Started watching after that and I totally get the hype.. used to love Ellen but getting old… excited to see what Harry does next year!!!

7. Kathryn says:

Yay season 2! Harry’s such a big goof. I love him so much! And they got like 5 Emmy nominations — go Harry! The show is super fun. I’m so glad I get to keep watching. They should make more fun shows like this.

8. Cath says:

Don’t stay home much but the few times I’ve watched the show I’ve been surprisingly pleased how well done it is. Connick Jr is a wonderful host. It just seems different and fresh. Not sure why that is since the format is similar to other celebrity talk shows but anyone who stays at home should give it a look.

9. Kimm says:

Today I watched the show for the first time. I absolutely enjoyed it. The set was bright, contemporary and welcoming. Harry was awesome. He was genuine, funny, approachable and connected with his audience. LOVED the Audience Best Seat segment!!! I was truly entertained and can’t wait for next show. I am a doctorate student in Business Marketing. One day, I want to celebrate my degree completion with Harry Show :) and be in the audience best seat!!!!!!

10. Millicent says:

I am a huge fan of Harry! I’m so so glad season 2 is on its way!! Fantastic show I knew he was meant to do this. CONGRATULATIONS HARRY!!! My daughters Alexis and Cecilia are happy as well😊 We will always support you! We will be back soon don’t worry about that!!!