YouTuber Hannah Hart Dishes on New Food Network Series ‘I Hart Food’

Hannah Hart Food Network
Jen Lowery/SilverHub/REX/Shutterstock

Hannah Hart is about to hit the road for her new Food Network series, “I Hart Food.” The six-episode order was first confirmed in summer of 2016, but Hart and the network both revealed new details about the show heading into the weekend.

The YouTube star will serve as host and executive producer on the project. She commented on her cross-country, culinary road trip in a Food Network blog post Thursday night.

“Food Network has been an incredible partner and I’m really proud of the show we made together. I am so excited to share the experiences of extraordinary meals and the chefs who shared their passions and expertise with me on ‘I Hart Food,'” wrote Hart. “I’m a major food enthusiast, and this show is perfect for those who have an insatiable appetite for all things food,” she continued.

Related

Hannah Hart

YouTube Star Hannah Hart Signs First-Look Deal With Lionsgate (EXCLUSIVE)

Chief programming, content, and brand officer for Scripps Network Interactive Kathleen Finch sounded equally pleased about their partnership.

“Hannah’s young, fresh voice and unique sense of humor make her food adventures a perfect fit for our viewers,” Finch began. “Her enthusiasm is sure to inspire others to hit the road for their own culinary journeys.”

Episode one will follow Hart as she travels to Santa Fe to test out New Mexican flavors. Subsequent episodes will see her traveling to North Carolina, Maine, Oregon, Minnesota, and Montana.

Hart currently has 2.5 million subscribers and another 2.3 million followers on Twitter and Instagram. She went into even further detail during the newest episode of her YouTube series “My Drunk Kitchen.”

“We’re gonna learn real things, because I want to be able to make a croissant at home,” Hart joked.

All six episodes of “I Hart Food” will air this summer on Food Network, with the premiere set for Monday, August 14 at 10 p.m. ET.

Hannah Hart’s YouTube announcement can be viewed below.

1. Michele says:

If I have to see her commercial one more time I am going to break my TV! WTH Food Network? If you can’t get good shows, fold up and go home! This one hits rock bottom!

2. Mitch says:

Just awful. She seems to know virtually nothing about food.

3. Beth says:

Dumb show. Looks like I could have my own show from the looks of this one.

4. Dyna says:

What happened to Food Network actually being about food and cooking? I am sick of these type of shows. OMG!! If I have to see them pushing Guy or another one of their idiotic reality show on us, I’m going to freaking scream. And where do they get these “personalities”? I’m just about done with this channel — maybe it’s me, but there’s absolutely no diversity and I don’t relate to this foolishness.

5. Tanya says:

I won’t be watching this show, I think food network is making a big mistake with this show. I think it is a poor version of triple d, the big difference is guy is entertaining

6. Kristen says:

Horrible. It’s just Triple D with a new face. And the only impressive thing about her is that she is miraculously even more annoying than Guy. Why is Food Network so obsessed with these travel shows?

7. Kathy says:

Not impressed with the first episode. I’ll give it another try!

8. Lisa Johnson says:

She’s absolutely awful… worse than Roger from man fire food..no bueno

9. mzstitch says:

Not impressed, who watches her?

• evieellen2017 says:

@Erica Gamet They’re called opinions, even if they’re negative and don’t align with yours. Everyone is entitled to them, even you.

@mzstitch, my *opinion* is similar to yours. I think this show works much better on a platform like YouTube. I don’t see it lasting long-term.

• lilac says:

Teenagers! Like me! She’s great fun if you watch a bunch more of her drunk cooking videos.

• Erica Gamet says:

But not just teenagers…I’m in my 40s and I adore her and love seeing how far she has come. From making a silly video for a friend, to realizing the power of the platform of YouTube, to being a philanthropist and GLAAD board member, best-selling author, a Forbes award recipient, helping food banks across the country, to being a beacon for young, marginalized folks, she’s a breath of fresh air in this crazy world. @Mzstitch If she’s not for you, that’s cool, move along…why be so negative?

• lilac says:

But yeah, its fine if you aren’t into it, whatever.