‘Grace and Frankie’ Renewed for Season 4 at Netflix, Adds Lisa Kudrow

grace and frankie lisa kudrow
Netflix

Grace and Frankie” has been renewed for Season 4 at Netflix less than three weeks after the premiere of Season 3, Variety has learned.

The 13-episode Season 4 will debut in 2018. In addition, “Friends” alum and Emmy winner Lisa Kudrow will join the show in a guest-starring arc as Sheree, Grace’s longtime manicurist whose newfound friendship with Grace irks Frankie and threatens to drive a wedge between the titular ladies. Kudrow’s role will see her reunite with “Friends” co-creator Marta Kauffman, who co-created the Netflix series and serves as an executive producer.

Related

Lily Tomlin Grace and Frankie

Meet the Real Artist Behind Lily Tomlin’s Paintings on ‘Grace and Frankie’

The series stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as Grace and Frankie respectively, sworn enemies who find common ground when their husbands leave them for each other. Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston also star, along with Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry, Baron Vaughn and June Diane Raphael.

The critically-acclaimed series hails from Skydance Television, and executive producers Kauffman, by way of her Okay Goodnight production company, co-creator Howard J. Morris, Paula Weinstein, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Marcy Ross, plus Fonda and Tomlin.

Tomlin has been nominated for two Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe for her role on the show. In addition, the series was nominated for Outstanding Costumes for a Contemporary Series, Limited Series or Movie in 2016.

1. Laurie says:

So happy to hear it is renewed for another season!! I absolutely love it, and can relate to so many things in the show. Always makes me smile and giggle.

2. Angie1 says:

This is the best original series, anywhere!… Period! Whenever a new awesome show comes out, the best actors are the veterans, like when The Golden Girls premiered in the 80’s. The only 2 concerns for me are that the Jacob character comes off too disrespectful to Grace, in her own home… I know its a show, but I don’t know any people who would tolerate that in their own homes. Last, not looking forward to the addition of Lisa Kudrow. I feel like she’s going to flatline something, somehow, somewhere. She plays too hard to the camera. I guess time will tell. All in all, its still the best show ever. I’ll continue watching.

3. klott74 says:

We have this playing all day and night at the shop. The personalities on Grace and Frankie are amazing and hilarious. For some reason, we can’t get enough of this show!

4. carlene silvestris deluca says:

Thank you for such quality viewing. Grace and Frankie is such a fabulous show, with an outstanding cast. A show of such great quality I hope stays around for a long time.

5. Susan Pforr says:

We watch Grace and Frankie while knitting with my knitting group. Best show out. Keep the seasons coming.

6. Sharon Camarda-Paz says:

I love this show. I actually laugh out loud. I purchased the DVD’s for Seasons 1 & 2 and am looking forward to purchasing Season 3 as well. Looking forward to Season 4.

7. Lori Bennett says:

So glad it has been picked up for another season!!! This past season was awesome… laugh and cry at same time!!!

8. Angela L@16 says:

This is such a wonderful show! Anyone who hasn’t seen it is missing out. It’s like the Odd Couple crossed with a Nancy Meyers movie, throw in a French farce, and you’ve got it! It has something for all age groups, and you’ll see many familiar faces. I just love it!