Fox News Will Part Ways With Eric Bolling After Sexual Harassment Investigation

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 17:
Roy Rochlin/Getty Images

Fox News Channel will part ways with host Eric Bolling, a host and contributor whose on-air presence at the 21st Century Fox-owned network had been growing in recent months, after allegations surfaced that he had harassed colleagues there, the network confirmed Friday.

“Fox News Channel is canceling ‘The Specialists,’ and Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably,” the network said in a statement.” We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck.”  A Huffington Post report had disclosed allegations that Bolling had sent lewd messages to colleagues via smartphone.

Related

Charles Payne Suspended Sexual Harrassment

Charles Payne Will Return to Fox Business Following Sexual Harassment Investigation

Bolling, a former commodities trader and best-selling author, had been a longtime co-host of “The Five,” and more recently helped launch a new late-afternoon show, “The Fox News Specialists.” He also anchors the Fox News program “Cashin’ In.” Fox News intends to keep Bolling’s co-hosts, Eboni Williams and Kat Timpf, as contributors. The show will be replaced at 5 p.m. eastern with an hour of news coverage for the foreseeable future, with rotating anchors holding down the slot.

Bolling had vowed to clear his name.

The allegations against Bolling were among the latest personnel issues to roil the network that broadcasts such popular shows as “Hannity” and “Fox & Friends.” The parent company,  21st Century Fox, is working to acquire the rest of European broadcaster Sky PLC that it does not already own. Attorneys for several employees who have sued Fox News and activists have used the accusations to suggest British regulators not approve the proposed transaction, which remains under government review.

Attorneys for the TV outlet appear to have been investigating multiple claims. Earlier on Friday, Charles Payne, a host on Fox Business Network was re-instated after being suspended following claims of harassment leveled at him. Payne also vowed to fight the allegations.

1. J. Ferguson says:

Ok. All this talk about conservatives being picked is no laughing matter. Rupert Murdock’s sons have been much more involved at Fox. They are liberals!! Based on info that I read almost two years ago, this cleansing was started about two years ago. As Rupert ages and the sons take more and more control, or influence, Fox will become more and more liberal. So watch out conservatives, and especially conservative white men. Glad Charles survived!! And while we are at it, highly intelligent, well educated beautiful women with great legs sells. It has made Murdock a lot of money. As the old saying goes, ” Sex sells!” No disrespect meant to any of the Fox ladies. Love all of you!! No sexual harassment charges at CNN, MSNBC, CBS, etc. of course not! For good reason which should be so obvious I should not even have to say it. So white male conservatives at Fox you are set to be picked off one by one so time to start planning your own totally conservative network!! I will be watching.

2. Anna says:

Fox! are you going to have any body worth watching left working for you?
    Even Bill clinton stayed as president after multiple allegations and getting lewinskied .

3. Pat says:

Can’t believe Fox is falling for all of these accusations. Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? Do you ever wonder who is behind all these allegations or who might be getting paid for them?

4. Chirlee Brown says:

I do not believe this. Eric is a very upstanding person who is much too smart to do such a thing especially after all the people who have already been fired at FOX for this behavior. Believe me, there is an explanation for this.

5. Angela says:

FOX News is the only network both locally and nationally that I’ve watched and trusted over the years. I honestly cannot believe nor understand why FOX is cowering to the Socialist left. Like so many others, I wholeheartedly support FOX bringing back Eric Bolling, Bill O’Reilly and Glenn Beck. Thank you for bringing back Charles Payne, a brilliant financial analyst. Do not let the left take FOX down. There are millions and millions of FOX viewers that stand behind these gentlemen and the network.

• P. Johson says:

Mind boggling how a charge of sexual harassment is equated with the network “cowering: to a different political ideology. This thread is littered with commenters making ridiculous assumptions related to an internal legal matter. There is also incredible ignorance about how corporate employment functions. In any corporation, for an employee to be dismissed, there has to be more than significant evidence of a crime or malfeasance. Leave it to the tea baggers to create a conspiracy where one does not exist.

• William Grigsby says:

I seriously agree with your comment.

• Jill Johnston says:

I also agree and am totally disappointed in Fox for giving in to an organized effort to bring them down.

6. CHERYL says:

I totally agree with the previous comments. For more years than I care to reveal FOX News was the only network I trusted and I can’t believe it was so quick to “belly up” to these superfluous accusations. The only anchors I will currently watch are Hannity and Tucker Carlson. I, too, would wholeheartedly support Bill O’Reilly and Eric Bolling along with Glenn Beck and others who stand for TRUTH on a new network.

7. Mary says:

I have been watching FOX news for more years than I can recall. The left can’t compete so they drag any undesirable woman out they can find to claim sexual harassment. I’m sure they pay them well. Unfortunately for FOX they are digging there own grave. Soon they will have minimal ratings like the loser left. This is a real shame. Just a note, I may not be watching FOX anymore, but that certainly doesn’t mean I’m watching the garbage either.

• MARLENE E BAKER says:

i’m with those who are disgusted over all the fireings-it’s nice to know that all the uppity ups are totally innocent of any wrong doing. I miss bill o’reilly and now eric .

• P. Johson says:

More convoluted, unproven theories from the misogynist Right. Especially deplorable coming from clueless, self-hating Republican women who instead of demanding accountability for PROVEN misconduct, make apologies for male harassment. Keep speculating about conspiracies. That’s always an effective strategy. It’s what helped get your Clown Grifter into the WH, but it will not sustain.

8. Mary O'Sullivan says:

I have been an avid FOX NEWS watcher and listener for years, however, I’m just about done with FOX now that Bolling is also gone. They have fired too many and all are favorites…..seems as though the left has decided to get rid of the best news show on tv.

9. Kim Chace says:

FOX has sold its soul…..Anyone who wants can accuse everyone who made the network and the new bosses fire them with due process…..You to watch just about everything now only Hannity and Tucker….Watch out guys….The Accusations about you two will soon fly…..Hope O’Reilly and all who are gone start their own network….No one left for us deplorable s to watch…

• Judy says:

I’m not watching as much of fox anymore because O’Reilly, Boiling have gone. I hope they all get picked up by One American New Network. I would love those 2 with Graham Ledger. We need news medias that tell the truth and stand up the liberal media.

10. I guess all the other networks have all thses lilly white so called journalists. They just over it up better.

11. BTG says:

Fox, can’t you hire people that are not mean an hateful?? Ur News has a lot to be desired . Can’t they say something that encourages an not disgust ur audience.??? Really looking forward to subjects that are now ,not what you can’t change anyways.

12. Susan Conn says:

I find it hard to believe, Eric Bolling made sexual advances to someone and they waited 6 years to report it. That is just absurd…. and ridiculous. We want him back quickly. You once think it might be for his political views?????

13. Jack Curtis says:

Jack Says
    It sure looks like a left wing attempt to get rid of the fine conservative people on Fox News,I try and watch when ever I can.I hope it stops,Glad that Charles Payne made out ok. Please do not let Fox News turn into a CNN.Whos next Lou Doobs???????

• labradog says:

The “left wing” doesn’t need to do anything to get rid of these skeevey FOX creeps – they hang themselves just fine.
      Hannity will be fine, until he discovers how to molest himself.

14. Art says:

It seems that these stories get written, broadcasted, then who ever the victim, they’re gone. It seems to work. Just accuse them with scheming lies, generally (sex) then they get fired. Pretty predictable. Not believable. Another Conservative out of business

15. Doug Johns says:

Fox New slowly your becoming like CNN. Firing Mr Bolling was just wrong, so believe the “hear say” those women are accuseing him of. You should bring M Kelly back, she will help your Talking Points hosts you have brought on board lately with their anti Trump crap. For me thanks for OAN to turn to ” It’s Real News”. Almost zero commercials and reports what happening around the globe. Who next Mr Hannidy god forbid! We need to clear your swamp!

16. Something smells fishy with all of this. Charles Payne and Eric Bolling? I don’t think so.

• diana nizolek says:

It is hard to believe that the “lefties” have finally infiltrated Fox News. Why isn’t the management at Fox supporting these good men? I don’t believe a word of it. I hope the sad death of Eric’s son has nothing to do with this trash. We should all pray for the Bolling family.

17. Elizabeth says:

I want know if these three women are the same women involved in all the cases! If there is any repeats I smell something fishy ! I think liberals are so mad they lost because they put that evil old bad up for president they just can’t stand it. I’m a woman so I can say these things!!! Freedom of speech remember that all you nut job libs out there! How come you never criticize Wiener ? I forgot he’s one of yours.

18. Rob Roberts says:

It is simply amazing that none of these types of situations ever occur at The Huffington post, CNN, MSNBC, etc…

• p johnson says:

Why is it amazing? These other corporations probably don’t foster a hostile work environment and have an HR policy that actually considers sexual harassment an actionable offense. Fox News creates its own reality, both on and off the air. You shouldn’t be amazed. The real world in 2017 works differently than the conservative world of “Make America 1959 Again.” Get over it.

19. marion schneider says:

It’s a damn shame that conservative men are being singled out. Who are the women with these complaints? Why are they hiding? If you are a Trump supported you are a target.

20. Bob says:

There seems to be a pattern a FOX news where those MEN who support Trump are being weeded out of the organization by inside and outside forces. Also to some of the Fox women, if the product isn’t for sale, quit advertising it!

• Art says:

Shep is behind it all. He hates trump. Probably wanted that time slot

• Shafawn says:

Yep exactly what I was thinking. There is probably dirt on EVERY person on EVERY media outlet but anyone who supports Trump has a bulls eye. Unless you are squeaky clean or got dirt on an executive higher up the food chain then you are slotted to get the boot.
      And after they rid the airways of conservatives… they will come after me and you.

• p johnson says:

Ah, yes, lock N’ load, white conservatives. After the war on Christmas, guns, and Nazi’s, the war on innocent white conservatives is well on its way. Never mind that Republicans rule every branch of the government including the WH which is comprised of a serial grifter and his criminal family. The new victims are the innocent conservatives. Criminal behavior in the workplace and government are always beside the point. “They’re Out To Get Us” is the new rallying cry for rabid imbeciles who never look in the mirror. Now women are included as the demons because MEN have always been vulnerable to the real evils of the world. Pathetic.

21. JD Hatfield says:

This is a down right shame. Fox is trying to get rid of all conservatives and is using CNN tactics to do so.

• LOUISE BEGG says:

Fox why can’t you stand for your people? i am about stop watch any news because you are trying to get rid of Hannity, and look how many you have gotten rid of. what are you not fair balanced anymore or just for the left .
      All my shows that really I liked and gone, when are are you going grown a spine? I am just done with you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are becoming just all the rest. is Huffington Post running you show, because they are sure getting rid of the best, and you become like all the rest of fake new.

22. James says:

I thought they were bringing The Five back to 5 o’clock?

23. Layne says:

Men need to realize that women are not turned on by d-ck pics. It’s harassment, plain and simple. The news about his son is just awful, and my heart goes out to his wife.

24. James Willey says:

Eric We watched you on the Five and you always talked so wonderful about your love for your SON. We just want to say how sorry we are for you and your wife. Fox did you very wrong. You will be on top again soon, We will pray for you! Sincerely James & Mary

25. Just saying, is fOX going Liberal. Hope not, we only have one network that we get both sides

• p johnson says:

FOX offering both sides is like Trump being a philanthropist. Too funny.

• Mark Anders says:

p johnson, get a life you stupid witless liberal. You people make me sick! But you are so blinded by your ideology you will never be able to understand why. You’re wrong on all counts with your predictable replies!

26. Lolo rogers says:

All I see are people that claim to be so smart including our politicians that have totally screwed up our country and get paid for it. People are totally disrespectfully and love hitting people when they are down. Maybe we should clean our own house before we clean other people’s.

27. P Johnson says:

Most of the Drudge fish commenters clearly have no clue as to how a corporate employee is expected to comport oneself. And it’s no surprise that the Bolling apologists would be enraged that he would be held accountable for his proven harassing of fellow employees. This coming from rabid Trump loyalists who celebrate the sexual predator in the WH. The shameless misogyny of the teabagger commenters exemplifies the pathetic mentality of a movement founded in ignorance and fear . If anyone needs to be “blamed” for the death of Eric Bolling, look no further than his own father, though I doubt his drug problem preceded his father,s shameful, mortifying public behavior.

• Doe says:

You are a rude troll. Find something else to chew on – perhaps a pigs ear would work.

• Ann says:

I am very sorry to hear about the death of Eric’s son. It is sad no matter who the individual is to lose a child. That said I find it very ironic that just about every female is defending Eric and calling him a victim when none of us really have any insight on what transpired. For all those who are quick to defend him try placing yourself or your daughter on the receiving end of any mans unwelcomed advances or messages. This is why women still struggle because they can’t count on their on sex to support them. I’m not saying that one should not feel for his loss just try to see all sides.

28. Don Wilkinson says:

I’m sorry about Eric losing his son.. I pray GOD give his family strength. But I’m glad his hateful prejudice self is gone from FOX news. He had no heart towards others. Eric reporting was mostly things of his own theory. He was arrogant, and displayed hateful ways. He was a strong hater Obama. Eric was always running people down. I’m so happy FOX news kicked his sorry butt out…

• Lisa says:

Wow you’re hateful. Your only comments at this point should be supportive for someone who just lost their only child but you couldn’t help yourself still had to end with hateful comments. Karma’s a bitch dude. Guess you’re unaware that those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. I would bet you have skeletons I your closet. Everyone does.

29. Johnny Edinburgh says:

Charles Payne re-instated and rightly too, he was stitched up big time by vengeful person.

30. Hal A Halson says:

You “conservatives” who would blame everyone else except Eric, for what Eric did, should take a long look in the mirror.
    Consrevatives are about personal responsibility and being accountable for your actions and not hiding behind weasly attorneys who try to spin the truth to get you off the hook.

He’s no conservative, and you aren’t either if you cry “Victim” when that is the opposite of the truth.

• Bob says:

Don’t worry Charles along with Juan Williams will be fine because Fox knows if they fire a minority there will be hell to pay!

31. Leah says:

I hate it that Bolling is gone from Fox. He had a strong presence without an arrogant attitude. What is wrong with Fox? Really, they are concerned about sexual harressment!?! What a joke. This was a decent guy. There must be some flakey hypocritical women at Fox who encourage a tint of wild behavior and then flip out when a male college responds. I would get ride of them. Whatever is going on at Fox, they are destroying some good shows with their holiness stance. I do not miss Megan Kelly at all. They made her into a monster who got away with way to much. Wake-up Fox before you have no viewer intrrest left.

32. lulu says:

It is sickening that a woman had to publicly embarrass a man who acted inappropriately. The woman has to elevate herself into a righteous warrior who takes advantage of a man’s sinful nature. She had no regard for the humiliation that she brings because she is so fragile. This woman humiliated the entire family and this man’s son. Couldn’t she have handled it in another way? No! She has to have endless panels where she parades around her purity and victory over a man. I don’t condone Eric’s alleged behavior, but has the woman’s bloodthirst been satisfied now that she has ruined a man’s career and life and the life of his son? This is the result of women who pat themselves on the back by bringing to life the failings of others. The punishment is much larger than the crime. Congratulations, Mssss. Heldman.

33. Jude Howell says:

Fox News, You don’t fool anyone. Sexual Harrassment on all these COSERVATIVe Men! Bologna!
    Who’s next? I can predict who it will be.
    I quit watching after the Libatard sons took over.
    You ruined a once wonderful News Organization!

• ann says:

your exactly, Erick Bolling is a good man and doesn’t deserve this. Fox News Channel has definitely turned more Liberal since the sons took over. So long for a once conservative station.

34. Nancy says:

I agree J. Rhodes! Eric you are missed!!

35. J Rhodes says:

Don’t believe these accusations for one second. Just more of the assault against conservatives.

36. To the Bolling Family God bless you, I know all too well the hurt of losing a Son…

37. Joanne Dealey Boelens, Chico, CA says:

Eric was a leader and warrior, for his viewers and party. It’s Fox News who is the loser here.

38. Renee Angelino says:

Fox News has turned into a big disappointment. These women and their accusations of sexual harassment has to stop. This is no joke, they dress like sluts and then they accuse the guys of harassing them. They are causing good anchors to lose their jobs, and shame on you Fox for targeting Conservatives. Wake up before you lose the few anchors that are any good, which I might say aren’t many. I suppose you have to be a liberal and a minority to keep a job there. Watch out, before your ratings drop into the toilet.

39. Nancy Lindley says:

The women of television news dress like sluts and expect to be treated as nuns. I hate all of this Mr. Boling but hate even more your son choosing the easy way out. My beloved daughter took her own life 31 years ago at age 23. I’ll never get over it. Neither will her sister or her aunt. Her father is recently deceased. My sincerest sympathy goes out to the Boling family. You can do this. I’ve said this to others and myself all these years and so far we are all ”doing it”. None of us have followed her in suicide mostly because it hurts others so much, especially parents.

• p johnson says:

Women of television news, on Fox in particular, are required to present the very image that you criticize. Bear in mind that if they don’t appeal to the conservative male gaze (or grope), they are not even considered for an on camera position. How nice of you to refer to other women as “sluts” while their male colleagues have been able to create and maintain a hostile work environment. And referring to Mr. Bolling’s son’s death as “the easy way out” shows how little you have learned after experiencing a similar loss. I hope you have an awakening at some point in this lifetime because your level of ignorance can’t be comfortable.

40. Well his only child, who he absolutely loved, is now dead. Has it hit close enough to home yet? Do you not see that something EVIL is happening in this country right now? I think he did nothing wrong, and even if he did do these alleged things, is everything that happened really appropriate? Is this the country you want to live in? MILLIONS of white men have had it. You could not ask for a more dire situation. This guy was on top of the world a few weeks ago. Now it couldn’t get an unhappier. His wife will probably divorce him next. You communists are playing with dynamite.

41. pat says:

I believed in Eric Boiling as far as I am concerned that reporter fox news and those women caused Eric’s son to kill himself , heartbreaking for the Family his son not only died they killed Eric and his wife they will never recover you liberals got what you wanted a tragedy

42. Prentis it Lakey says:

He did it. Why harass a woman who will never have sex with you? She might as well be on Mars. Hence the term “Martian”.

43. cimmerian77 says:

Who cares if he harassed somebody! He conducted his show very well and has a following and is one of the few people to say it like it is and makes sense. Leave the drama and junior high bullschittt to the people involved in it away from the show. Nobody can prove a bloody thing of the accusations leveled against him anyway Every jackassfemale that opens her mouth and whines about something(That she’s most likely lying about to begin with) does nothing but Stir up drama and everybody knows this.

• Sammyglick says:

And I’m sure you also feel this way about Bill Clinton or Ted Kennedy? Who cares if they sexually harassed women, I liked their politics! Why are right-wing nut jobs the world’s biggest hypocrites. If you’re going to complain and ridicule and shame people like Anthony Weiner, at least give the SAME STANDARDS for a creep and perv like Eric Bolling.

• MR BILL says:

IF IT WAS YOUR MOTHER YOUR MOTHER HE GROPED MAYBE THEN YOU COULD THINK,WITHOUT BIAS.

• Aj says:

HeyDUMBASS, Lol, You can’t compare Kennedy to anybody! If you read what happened with him there was no proof provided. The only nut jobs are people like you that make schittt up. The very same inbred who would vote for Hillary when by her own admission she doesn’t even understand the basics of computer security? So, let’s just say for argument’s sake she’s telling the truth. You want somebody that’s stupid to sit in the White House? Let’s say she’s lying like she does every other time she opens her mouth, if she can’t lie her way out of that and that’s her excuse …..You lose either way! Lastly, saidskank murdered 4 of our very own in Ben ghazi. Too bad it wasn’t your kids instead! Your cesspool leftist mouth would be piping off like it is right now. I didn’t serve for scum like you

44. Rene Raffo says:

I am also very disappointed at fox he is a good person

45. gloria gail virgl says:

Eric was an honest man that has been done in by the FAKE NEWS people who are after all honest conservatives. Where is this war against “Conservative White Men” going to stop?? Why don’t people tell the truth like those whom they go after?

46. Daniel says:

I’m really getting sick of this. The war on conservatives and conservative media is beyond out of hand. Sean Hannity is the ONLY one who has managed to push back hard enough with threats of counter-suits to survive such attacks. Employers absolutely need to stand up against this too. At the very least employers should wait until SOME sort of proof and evidence is made available. Let that finding happen in the courts where they belong. And ONLY after a legal finding has been made should an employer take an action such as this.

“Social justice” is just another word for VIGILANTISM.

• Nancy Lindley says:

Employers should make their female employees put more clothes on so they aren’t mistaken as sluts. That might cut down on the harassment. Not that I believe Eric Boling did anything of the kind.

• P Johnson says:

Poor, poor Conservatives. It has to be exhausting managing all of those double standards day after day. And when their idols f$$ck up, they never demand accountability, rather, they cry victim and conjure up cockamamie conspiracy theories. Sad hypocrites. Jesus laughs.

47. Dianne Scott says:

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Ever think about how many male conservative news anchors are being accused of sexual harassment? What better way to destroy conservative and honest news. Just saying. I’m a Christian conservative woman. I’m well educated and hard working and I am not a deplorable. Liberal main stream media is reaching their lowest level yet of reporting.

48. Randy Snavely says:

This is a shame,Fox is getting rid of all the big TRUMP supporters on this network