‘East Los High’ Canceled After Four Seasons at Hulu

east los high hulu
Courtesy of Todd Williamson/Hulu

Hulu has canceled “East Los High” after four seasons, the streaming service announced Friday.

It will conclude with a one-hour finale this fall that will follow the main characters eight months after the events of the Season 4 finale as they prepare to leave high school.

The series, which purports to be the first English-language show with all-Latino actors, creators and writers, was about teens growing up in a working-class neighborhood in East Los Angeles.

The young cast has included Gabriel Chavarria, Danielle Vega, Alicia Sixtos and Vannessa Vasquez. Singer-actress Christina Milian appeared in season three. It was nominated for five Emmys during its run.

The Wise Entertainment series was executive produced by creators Carlos Portugal and Kathleen Bedoya, and by Katie Elmore Mota and Mauricio Mota. Bedoya will write the finale with Cris Franco and Luisa Leschin. Luisa Leschin and Cris Franco. Katie Elmore Mota and Carlos Reza will direct.

1. Dee says:

OK absolutely loved this show! It’s awful it was canceled. I was totally addicted!

2. Sandy Oleary says:

Wow!!! Can’t believe they Cancel East Los High!!!
    Awesome show I found on Hulu. Shame on Hulu for cancelling this show. As Mexican America person I can relate. Hopefully Netflix or some local station will this Awesome show. It beats reality tv shows.

3. Ivy says:

Why HULU cancelled the show???!!! 😡😫😫 best show ever. Please don’t cancel 😏☹️

4. Priscilla says:

Just started watching this show and got my whole family hooked if it gets cancelled I’m gonna cancel my Hulu subscription cause it’s the best show on there. Hulu sucks for CANCELLING it

5. Tamara says:

I loved that show… why did it have to be cancelled? Bring it back!!!

6. Lorena says:

Why? It was such a good series. Bring it back!!

7. cecil james says:

I love this show why ruin a good thing it’s just not fair fand should write and sign a petition to keep this show on the air or move it to another network like netflix or a spanish network like telemundo or the other spanish networks that have english speaking shows.

8. Amy K says:

I love this show! Great series!

9. Edwin vargas says:

This was the only reason why I kept paying for Hulu to watch this show. But now that the show has been cancel I will cancel my membership too. It was a great show with great advise and motivation for many young kids.