CBS to Air Remaining Episodes of Canceled Drama ‘Doubt’ Starting in July

Doubt
Courtesy of CBS

CBS will air the 11 remaining episodes of the canceled drama series “Doubt” on Saturday night beginning in July.

Series executive producer and co-creator Tony Phelan shared the news on Twitter, writing, “CBS just announced that the remaining episodes of DOUBT will air at 8pm starting 7/1. Set your DVR’s NOW!”

“Doubt” was originally ordered for 13 episodes, but was pulled from the CBS schedule after only two episodes aired. The series premiered Feb. 15 to a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demo and 5.3 million total viewers, according to Nielsen live-plus-same day numbers — slightly below the previous 10 p.m. Wednesday timeslot occupant, “Code Black.” A week later, the CBS Television Studios-produced series fell to a 0.6 and 4 million viewers. More than other broadcasters, CBS focuses on total viewers rather than the demo. But in viewers, the second episode of “Doubt” shed 45% of the total viewership of its lead-in, “Criminal Minds.”

Executive producers for “Doubt” were Phelan, Joan Rater, Carl Beverly, Sarah Timberman, and Adam Bernstein. The series stars Heigl as an attorney who falls for her client, who has been accused of murdering his girlfriend. The series also starred  Dulé Hill, Elliott Gould, Laverne Cox, Steven Pasquale, Dreama Walker, and Kobi Libii.

1. joy says:

I don’t have cable or satellite, i have to find alternative ways to watch any tv series, I absolutely loved this show and all the actors. I think CBS made a big mistake!!! You have to give a show a chance, I am hoping that another network will pick up Doubt or maybe even netflix. I don’t think CBS knows what they are doing anymore. They are getting rid of great shows or what could lead to great shows and putting stuff up like this reality tv crap.. we live in the real life everyday, when i watch a show i don’t wanna see someone living on island or in a big house supposedly reality tv when you know its all arranged anyways.

2. Shimaski Valente says:

I loved this show why are not airing anymore? im from philippines.

3. Jill says:

Best show on this summer. My husband, daughter, sister and I love it. Have watched every episode,
    will truly miss it. What a shame, great script, terrific acting. We need this caliber of show, not the stupid reality junk they throw on all the time.

4. dcnh03848 says:

Omg!!! Love this show. Just watched the last episode and totally bummed it’s not coming back. Please rethink !!!! We do not need another reality show !!!

5. My wife and I are elated that CBS is going to finish episodes of Doubt. Wonderful cast, writing and directing superb. The show just needed to find an audience. Each week becomes more exciting and intriguing. Thank you Thank you CBS.

6. Marty ellis says:

My husband and I watch the rest of the remaining shows. What a fantastic show. I don’t know who rated this show after 2 episodes but they missed the best part in the remaining shows. Please reconsider renewing this show?

• Linda Merrifield says:

I love love love this show. What a mistake to cancel. It gets better the more I watch it. This summer it’s the only clever and beautifully directed and written show on the major networks. Has everyone forgotten about Seinfeld?

7. Mitchell Murray says:

Got canceled because of its false narrative with Eric Garner The thug that try to kill a cop and instead got a bullet himself

8. cdhaskell says:

I am glad that CBS will indeed showing the rest of the Doubt the series. I truly enjoy the series and I still hope that the creater will decide to release the complete series on DVD format. I can’t wait to see his next series.

9. Corky says:

Not one likable person in the cast and KH is intolerable.

10. George Lewis says:

Yuck. If they must burn it then a late night (after 11pm or midnight) two night binge would be a better way.