Bill Cosby Will Never Be Exonerated in Hollywood (Column)

Bill Cosby charged sexual assault
MediaPunch/REX Shutterstock

A Pennsylvania jury may not have been able to reach a verdict on Bill Cosby’s conduct, but Hollywood rendered its decision more than two years ago.

The declaration Saturday of a mistrial in the aggravated indecent assault case against the 79-year-old comedian is extremely unlikely to make a difference as far as Cosby’s career prospects are concerned.

Cosby’s long run as a top comedian, TV star, and commercial pitchman came to an end in 2015. After dozens of women came forward with allegations of being raped and drugged by Cosby, it became impossible for him to headline a comedy tour or hawk Jell-O on TV. For a personality who had been part of the fabric of American pop culture for a half-century, this irreversible fall from grace may be the toughest sentence of all.

Related

Bill Cosby mistrial Camille Cosby

Camille Cosby on Mistrial: ‘Truth Can Be Subdued, But Not Destroyed’

Cosby’s downfall came at a time when he had hoped to add another chapter to his storied TV career. He’d struck a deal to develop a new comedy at NBC, the network that made him a ground-breaking, Emmy-winning TV star in the 1960s with “I Spy” and made him a multi-millionaire in the 1980s with the smash success of “The Cosby Show.”

But as reports of shocking behavior going back decades cascaded, NBC backed out of the development pact and Cosby was unceremoniously dropped as a client by CAA. Netflix hastily tabled a planned comedy special that might have done a lot to introduce his brand of folksy, family-friendly humor to a younger generation.

Today, “Cosby Show” reruns and most other traces of his long career have been scrubbed from the vast expanse of the TV landscape. The only time Cosby appears on TV these days is in news coverage of his various legal travails. And that is likely to continue for the foreseeable future. The Montgomery County district attorney’s office has vowed to seek a new trial on the allegations that Cosby drugged and assaulted Andrea Constand, a former Temple University employee, in 2004 at his suburban Philadelphia mansion.

Constand was one of more than 50 women who came forward with horror stories involving Cosby. Public outrage was magnified by the fact that Cosby had previously represented so much of the American dream, a man who came from modest means and built a wildly successful career on the strength of his talent and hard work. At his peak in the 1980s, Cosby’s perch as the star of primetime’s most-watched series demonstrated that the nation could look beyond race to embrace an African-American star as a beloved father figure. Cosby further endeared himself to many in mainstream white America with his vocal criticism of what he saw as detrimental aspects of contemporary black culture.

Related

Bill Cosby

Lena Dunham, Kumail Nanjiani, Alleged Victim React to Bill Cosby Mistrial

The magnitude of these achievements had the effect of discounting the allegations of sexual-related misconduct and the legal settlements that dogged Cosby for years. When he was a star at the height of his power, there was enough of a barricade presented by his fame and his friendly image to suggest that these were the kind of gold-digging accusations that come with being a public figure. It’s telling that the dam broke for Cosby as he was getting to an age at which it was unlikely that he would have another resurgence in TV or movies. The generational change that Cosby faced was reinforced by the fact that the groundswell of scrutiny of his past conduct came after a standup routine in Cosby’s hometown of Philadelphia by a younger African-American comedian, Hannibal Buress. Buress flatly called Cosby a “rapist” in response to Cosby’s history of criticizing hip-hop stars and certain behaviors of some African-American youths.

Buress’ Oct. 16, 2014, appearance went viral on the Internet thanks to a cell phone video taken by a fan. A month later, former actress Barbara Bowman penned an op-ed in the Washington Post that declared “Bill Cosby raped me.”

Within weeks, Cosby began to lose the attributes that made him Bill Cosby. He was heckled during his live comedy appearances. TV shunned him but gave voice to his many accusers. Social media became a bully pulpit for high-profile detractors, including Judd Apatow and Lena Dunham. He lost the tributes and prestigious laurels that previously elevated him to national-treasure status, such as his appointment as a Temple University trustee, honorary degrees from schools including Fordham and Marquette, and the professorship he endowed at Spelman College.

A tidal wave of fresh lawsuits also began pouring in, including a suit that Cosby filed in December 2015 against seven women for defamation of character. On Dec. 30, 2015, the legal battle entered the criminal arena when he was charged in the Constand case.

Cosby’s past achievements provided him the means to post the $1 million bail that allowed him to remain free as the Constand trial wound through the court. At this point, there is no amount of money that can bring him out of Hollywood jail, no matter what happens at his next criminal trial.

1. drush76 says:

And Hollywood will never be exonerated for its hypocrisy and racism . . . at least by me. If the community wants to condemn Cosby, fine. I don’t care. But I am constantly disturbed by the entertainment industry’s refusal to condemn the likes of Woody Allen, Roman Polanski, and other white celebrities in the industry who have either done wrong or are suspected of doing wrong.

Spare me your hypocritical and obviously racist bullshit.

2. The people who currently control Hollywood will never forgive Dr.Cosby for being a heterosexual black man. However, America will never forgive the people who control Hollywood for the disgusting and insane racist and sexist witch-hunt and lynching that they have supported over the last 12 years. The leaders of Hollywood will get the war they wanted, just as the leaders of the Southern Confederacy got the war they wanted when Lincoln was elected.

3. mcgwynne says:

Go to Google and type in: “Bill Cosby pull up your pants” and see why the Left decided to pillory this man.

Hollywood eats its young and destroys its heretics using public shame and sexual innuendo as the ultimate weapons of career destruction.

Abandon hope all ye who would enter Hollywood.

4. mcgwynne says:

Not very kind Jimmy.
    “Rottin In Hell” is reserved for those who do not believe in the civilized principle of innocence until proven guilty. He admitted to a consensual relationship with that woman who also admitted to a continued relationship with him. That’s not sexual harassment. What it is is Gloria Alred using “groupies” who are now willing to suborn themselves for money/fame/book deals.

If every musician/actor/entertainer for the last hundred years was tried for past sexual favors from fans the prisons would not be big enough.

5. Bullard says:

Hollywood will forget about it in a week. Cosby doesn’t need to work, either.

6. BestinShow says:

Who really cares if “Hollywood” does or doesn’t exonerate Crosby. Do you think, at this stage in his life, that Crosby needs Hollywood? Hollywood’s opinion is immaterial. Hollywood is just fine with Roman Polanski’s behavior, they are just fine with Bill Clinton’s behavior…yet they are horrified by Trump’s behavior. They are so hypocritical…and luckily middle America sees that, and thankfully chooses to ignore Hollywood’s opinion.

7. Adam B Wetstein says:

Bounce carrys the Old Cosby show daily

8. Doug Roberts says:

No surprise here…”Hollywood will never exonerate Cosby” lol of course Hollywood won’t. But the same folks who won’t exonerate Cosby will exonerate Roman Polanski and Donald Trump. The same people will vote for Trump for President and welcome him back to Hollywood Television when he is voted out of office – and he is on tape ADMITTING that he routinely sexually assault women. A dozen women have come forward and complained of his sexual assaults. Cosby, regardless of what you think, hasn’t admitted to sexually assaulting anyone. Trump has said yes, he has sexually assaulted women.
    But its Cosby who will not be exonerated, not Trump, lol. White folks are never consistent on race. They always have some phony fruggin’ excuse. Always. Either exonerate both Cosby and Trump or blacklist Cosby and Trump….but you can’t blacklist one guy and welcome the other one back with open arms. That’s two-faced bull.
    Watch Trump get welcomed back to Hollywood Television as soon as he leaves office. Watch.

9. I adored and worshiped Cosby growing up. It’s a letdown of almost indescribable magnitude to see him reduced to this. Yet he deserves even worse if a TENTH of the accusations against him are true. There’s really no way for any reasonable person to give him the benefit of the doubt any longer. There’s too much smoke for there to be no fire.

• John Fair says:

Why not Hollywood was able to exonerate Roman Polanski

• Matthew says:

That’s because heterosexual men don’t care about anyone else’s safety. Women, children, and gay men are just collateral damage to them.

10. Allen Zeichik says:

Not having heard the testimony, I do not know if Mr. Cosby is guilty of the specific acts of which he is accused in this instance.
    However, from his own mouth, his life is a pattern of despicable immoral behavior. A serial philanderer. He is certainly not someone that I would want to see in person, on television, or films. I, at one time, had a collection of his albums which are now all in the dumpster.
    I would strenuously object to any young person or woman being in his presence.
    He is a disgusting human being, to whom, no sympathy is due.

• Van says:

Wow, Matthew…the myopic depth of your response is so utterly inconceivable to me, no matter the paradigm of thought, that I really don’t know where to begin in response.

I know personally of many hundreds of spiritually strong, moral, ethical and endlessly loving fathers that give all they have to their family and others around them. All of these fathers are heterosexual men, so far as I know. Many of these men have grown children that were at one time children, many of these same children have grown into womanhood and some have even declared themselves as gay.

Many of these Fathers I absolutely know, LOVE their children more than life itself, and have given all they have been capable of emotionally, physically, economically, spiritually – so that their children could have a good life and continue to help them on their journey as adults.

In my reading of your comment on “heterosexual men”, two days after Father’s Day, where I spent my wonderful and beautiful day taking on new happy eternal memories of my family and close friends (and their family and friends) while attending a picnic – leaves me absolutely dumbfounded as to your true depth of ignorance and/or purpose in life?

In so far as Cosby, his done…Karma will assure that he will get his.

11. It’s not what you do in life, it’s how you’re remembered. Bill Cosby’s reputation has been altered. Nothing is as permanent as change.

12. sean kennedy says:

We find, in the rules laid down by the greatest English Judges, who have been the brightest of mankind; We are to look upon it as more beneficial, that many guilty persons should escape unpunished, than one innocent person should suffer. The reason is, because it’s of more importance to community, that innocence should be protected, than it is, that guilt should be punished; for guilt and crimes are so frequent in the world, that all of them cannot be punished; and many times they happen in such a manner, that it is not of much consequence to the public, whether they are punished or not. The phrase “reasonable doubt” was used in court. Justice Peter Oliver instructed the jury, “If upon the whole ye are in any reasonable doubt of their guilt, ye must then, agreeable to the rule of law, declare them innocent
    Though a slightly modernized, the quote comes from John Adams’ opening statement for the defense, a ringing endorsement of the rights of the accused and the presumption of innocence: “It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished. But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, “whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection,” and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that would be the end of security whatsoever.”

13. scoshrad says:

I can’t remember, but I must have been pretty young when I learned that, should my body ever catch fire, I should look around for a rug, a blanket, or some drapery, wrap myself up in that and smother the fire out. I’m glad I have that information in my head – I feel everyone should have that information, and we should get it when we’re young. That said, if I ever find myself on fire, I don’t know that I’ll look for a rug. I might panic and burn to a crisp. Should I be blamed for that?

Should I be blamed that, one night in my youth, when I would have done well to CALL FOR HELP, because I had been sexually assaulted, I stayed alone in a shower just wanting to blank out my mind and make the bad stuff go away? You can blame me if you want, but I don’t blame myself, nor will I blame any victim who doesn’t report having been sexually assaulted. My anger goes elsewhere today. I’m angry at a media with zero regard for Sexual Assault Prevention, and angry at a mob of bitches who, assaulted or not, have nothing constructive to sell the public – only a destructive intent to bury all mention of POLICE REPORTS and RAPE KITS, because those subjects hurt their credibility in an orchestrated attack on Bill Cosby.

It rates with me that, when I was in my teens and had been sexually assaulted, the message CALL FOR HELP wasn’t in my head at all. It’s now 2017, and the next kid like me who gets f’d up the b by a predator, will not have that information in his head. This is because of our media; this is because of a sick attorney and the women she exploits for self-promotion; because of a scarily dumbed-down mob who take their cues from a media that doesn’t fact-check, and looks for Gut Reaction Only. Gut Reaction told me the Menendez brothers were sexually assaulted. Were they? You don’t reason with your gut unless you’re a fool. You don’t buy into media bias unless you’re a fool. Before the accusations started flowing in, was Cosby ever referred to by the press as “America’s Dad”? I don’t remember that, I don’t believe we called him that.

What we’ve seen in the courtroom is the Reality that stories (even a slew of them) unsubstantiated by POLICE REPORTS and RAPE KITS, are insufficient for even the most closely-observed, pressed-to-meet-the-public’s-expectations jury – not when the jury members hold to Reasoning Standards, not even when you have “experts” testifying that sexual assault victims can’t be expected to tell the truth, so it’s okay that Constand lied and lied and lied to the police, until the police confronted her with evidence that, no, she didn’t break contact with Cosby after the alleged assault, and in fact their relationship continued for some time. Social media morons accept that, if a woman says she’s been raped, she’s telling the truth, no matter how many holes there are in her story. What’s more, if I dare question a rape allegation, I am The Reason Women Get Raped. Mob Mentality accepts that. That’s why I don’t bother replying to responses to my social media posts. Social media is a sewer of stupid minds.

Cosby’s trial is now a matter of public record, and history confirms that the day will come when he is seen as the victim of a media whose standards continue to sink, and sink, and sink, just because the masses love that. His historical stature is secure. We live in a madhouse, and mad people are reading these words. But when our madness goes on record, as it has in Cosby’s case, it’s scrutinized for decades, even centuries, to come, and our madness sickens the same world that nurtured it. Our stupid hate makes us love the men and women who endure it, and Cosby continues to do so with grace and even humor. We have a lot to learn from him, and from the gift of laughter that he’s shared with us.

14. John gibb says:

Bill Cosby is innocent until proven guilty. End of story.

15. paully says:

Cosby was finished in the movie biz after Leonard Part 6..
    The Cos’s Goose is cooked..

16. Jewells says:

It seems to me that everything is going out of proportion what happen to the dad that played on 7th heaven nobody said nothing on what he did they just left him alone. But when it came to Cosby they just want to throw the book at him. To me this does not make no sense to me at all.

• The Truth says:

Here’s the difference: Stephen Collins admitted his crimes, but no criminal charges were possible due to the statute of limitations regarding the crimes, and the victims declined to pursue civil charges.

17. Jimmy Green says:

Once the Bounce channel started airing his show I stopped watching the channel! This is a disgrace to give this serial rapist ANY monetary gain. I hope he rots in hell.

18. Jim says:

I’m not an expert, but…

Technically Bill Cosby didn’t “rape” the women, did he ?

What he did is far more complicated:

1) He had consensual, friendly relationships with women.

2) Sometimes he offered them some pills.
    He didn’t force them to take the pills & they took them.
    The pills made them sleepy and dizzy.

3) Cosby had sex with the women in this state
    He didn’t force them.
    They didn’t say: “Stop or I will call the police!”
    They didn’t scream.
    They didn’t say anything for years after.

So, is this rape ?

Of course it was not a nice thing to do & he’s a creep.

But does it fit the legal definition of “rape” ?

• Kristin says:

YES. Having sex with a person who is unable to give consent is rape. Legally and morally. The fact that you need to be told this fills me with fear for every person in your vicinity. Rape apology is what enables rapists. You are part of the problem.

• Marie says:

Didn’t some of them say he offered them drinks and they didn’t know drugs were in there. So these drugs disabled their cognitive skills, so they have no idea what’s going on. So they can’t really say “NO”. So if they are telling the truth then yes that’s rape.

19. yellowmalibu@iwon.com says:

Roman Polanski – actual convict, that Hollywood wants to come back from his horrible exile in a multi million dollar home in Switzerland, complete with an Oscar. Bill Cosby, without a shred of evidence remaining after 40 years except pretty loud testimony (all spurred by some hack comedian no one had ever heard of until 2014), will walk. Buuuuut, Hollywood won’t forgive HIM? No wonder the place is called Babylon

• cadavra says:

If you genuinely can’t tell the difference between these two cases, then it’s doubtful any power on Earth will be able to make you understand.

• cadavra says:

Statutory rape is rape by LEGAL definition. She still consented, and even acknowledged that she had already been sexually active prior to the encounter. The point you fail to grasp is that Polanski didn’t force her, whereas Cosby DID force his victims. This certainly does not excuse what Polanski did, but it is NOT equitable to Cosby’s crimes by any measuring device.

• Max H. says:

There is no “consensual sex with a minor”. A minor CANNOT give consent. It’s rape, by definition.

• cadavra says:

Sigh, all right, I’ll give it a shot.

1) Polanski: one woman. Cosby: Over 50.

2) Polanski: Statutory rape (consensual sex with a minor). Cosby: Forcible rape (sex with women he’d drugged so they can’t resist falls under this umbrella).

3) Polanski: Woman did not want him prosecuted and has maintained this stance for four decades. (The only reason it became public is because her mother overheard her calling a friend the next day and bragging about how she’d just banged a “big-shot Hollywood director.”) Cosby: Sued and/or taken to court by many of his victims.

4) Polanski: Never denied what happened (sex with minors is less of a big deal in Europe than it is here, which he learned the hard way). Cosby: Steadfastly claimed to be “framed,” and even now feels he did nothing wrong.

5) Polanski: Already served time prior to fleeing and has lived in exile, losing most of his peak creative years (the few films he’s managed to make are mostly low-budget adaptations of small-cast stage plays). Cosby: Continued working throughout, and has yet to suffer any sort of punishment apart from the recent loss of his reputation and a few stand-up gigs.

6) Polanski: Has repeatedly expressed remorse. Cosby: “Innocent victim of greedy bitches.”

That good enough?

• mcgwynne says:

What is the difference Shemp?

20. JOE S HILL says:

Liberal Hollywood has a pretty big opinion about itself, and where Bill Cosby is concerned, they’ve already rendered their unimportant judgment. this whole witch hunt and trial bullshit was a waste of time, and Bill Cosby’s mistrial was certain, but these unknown women “victims” that have come forward to accuse the Emmy-winning actor of druggings and rapes over the 40-45 year period is still serious speculation, and I’m not buying any of it! in the 3 years that they’ve sought to go after Cosby, I’ve heard nothing here that has sold me on the man’s guilt, but a very determined campaigned to go after this man, which has been ruthless and cold, and unless they’ve uncovered, or likely fabricate new evidence to drive home their guilty verdict, then the whole damn thing is still a witch hunt, and the people running Hollywood today are total assholes-the kind, who believe their own bullshit! `

• The Truth says:

More than 50 women came forward with allegations of sexual misconduct. Liberal Hollywood can’t be blamed for that. But Hollywood can be blamed for covering it all up. Nevertheless, claiming that all these women are fake “victims” makes you the total asshole who believes his own bullshit.

21. Kaboom! says:

“Bill Cosby Will Never Be Exonerated in Hollywood” primarily because most of Hollywood is racist and bigoted.

• Ed says:

Is Joe S Hill an acronym for Donald J. Trump? He uses The Donald words and phrases like Witch Hunt and campaign. (Maybe he’s buddies with Kaboom!) Or maybe Joe S Hill is Camille Cosby?

22. C. Marshall says:

The Cosby Show is shown on Bounce. What power did Dr. Cosby have that supersedes a “white woman” crying rape by a black man?

• Matthew says:

He has heterosexual privilege and gentile privilege. Not being white does not exonerate you from either of those.

23. Sally McLinn says:

Let’s be fair. Cos is 79 years old. Do you still consider him at 79 a “top star”? I remember watching the Joan Rivers documentary and she at 80 years old had a hard time getting bookings. She was playing small Canadian casinos. So his star was dwindling anyway. The new up and coming comics who can fill a stadium practically are Chris Rock.

24. nbtx says:

I don’t know about that headline. Many in Hollywood seem to support Polanski, who has never paid for his crime.

25. Noel O'Neill says:

Do we really care about Cosby and his future? NO! The legacy he left behind is that of a rapist, nothing funny in that, not even a punchline. Yes he has more money and fame than he deserves and turned it into power and control. The American dream is to come from nowhere and get somewhere but in the end even with all his wealth Cosby went nowhere and made it…the American Nightmare.

26. ConcernedCitizen says:

Bill Cosby wasn’t just signing for a new special with NBC, he was BUYING NBC. The timing of these so called alleged victims coming forth, seems suspicious, as in relation to the process of acquiring NBC.

27. Dee Gardocki says:

BILL COSBY MAY WIN IN COURT AND AVOID JAIL BUT EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG KNOWS HE IS GUILTY AND BOUND FOR HELL IF HE DOES NOT PUBLIC-ALLY ADMIT HIS GUILT AND APOLOGIZE AND THAT INCLUDES HIS CORRUPT WIFE CAMILLE WHO HAS ALWAYS KNOWN HE WAS GUILTY DEIDRE GARDOCKI

28. Uncle Edsel says:

The current squatters in Palestine have nothing in common with the ancient Hebrews. Stop pretending that they do; not everyone here sips your poison.

29. donnie g says:

He is 79 years old . Do you think he cares that the hollywood elite look down on him. The hollywood people are probably angrier that he doesnt care what they think than he is that they think it. And hollywood looks down on the average american anyway , no suprise, we know.

30. Jane WIlson says:

Over Cosby’s 50 year career, there were thousands of girl groupies who hung out in front of his hotel door so they could jump into bed with him. He was the sexiest and funniest black man in the world and those white groupies could not wait to pop a few pills with him and get in the sack. That was the culture of the 70s. It wasn’t sexual assault, it was (mostly) white girls hot to trot with a black celebrity.

Now that he’s old and weak, and an easy target, some of those girls have decided that it wasn’t their “fault” that they knocked on his hotel room door. It wasn’t their fault they greedily jammed their grubby little hands in his jar of ludes.

These sleezy little groupies are now calling their sexual escapades “rape”. Why? Because he’s famous and he’s rich and he’s old and sick. Because they are scummy little failures in life who are looking to drag down somebody bigger than they are.

They are the equivalent of hyenas — a sleazy little golddigging slut scumbags. They are out to lynch a black man, in the grand old tradition of lynching (always starts with a rape accusation).

The women who do this are scum. The lawyers who encourage it are scum. Scum, scum, scum.

What a sad and horrible ending to a grand career of a grand guy.

• jamisonangie says:

I am convinced that this has happened to Bill Cosby because he was outspoken on other controversies. This was a way to “warn” others that they had better not speak out or else their pasts will be exposed and lots of “extra” activities will be discovered also. I am not dark brown (I believe there is only the human race and we are all variations of beige/brown) but I believe he has been targeted non the less. I still love Bill Cosby and will not throw a stone.

• Uncle Edsel says:

He and his brother Russel need to smear Jello on the floor again. That’ll teach that Chickenheart bastage…

• Bill D says:

Crabblieappleton, Like his accusers, you provide no evidence but the accusation itself. Saying he is a rapist is no more believable than me calling you a rapist. If you are prepared to call anyone who used a drug to overcome inhibitions to hooking up, then you can arrest a couple million men and women for the same “crime” tomorrow. And please use the term “victim” correctly. The qualifier should be “alleged”.

• Sally McLinn says:

I can believe this.

• Crabbieappleton says:

Cosby, like most rapists, got a thrill from power: a willing victim isn’t a victim. Cosby needed to slip the drug to someone unwilling.
        And Buress gave voice to what, apparently, a lot of people knew but didn’t mention because he was rich and famous. Why not accuse Buress of being ‘scum’ too?

31. Hank Dirkins III says:

Cosby will be back hocking pudding pops in a year. Hollywood forgets.

• Matthew says:

So he doesn’t mind profiting off the suffering of people of color with diabetes.

• Bill D says:

• Matthew says:

And like all enablers of rape, you gaslight the victims to make it look like it was there fault.

I believe Andrea Constand. I believe all these women are telling the truth.

32. john fog says:

Judge O’Neill needs one GOOD night with gloria allred. The 2 should get it off great!!!

33. Spike says:

That’s right. As for Camille, if she wants to live in her fantasy bubble that her husband is innocent of dozens of charges of sexual assault, she’s welcome to it. If she divorces Bill her payout would be humunguous but I guess she doesn’t want to go down that road. In her photo she looks like she’s been drugged with happy pills, anyway. And given her husband’s proclivity for drugging women, he’s probably drugged her too with the help of a whore psychiatrist who’s only too happy to take money to drug people (that’s all they do anyway). so there you have it. except for one problem: he’ll be retried and this time, he’ll go to prison. poor drugged Camille.

• Sally McLinn says:

First, she’s not going to divorce him. At 79 years old, how much longer do you think he will live; no need for a divorce. She gets everything.

• nbtx says:

And if he passes away while they are still married, she gets everything. Why risk a divorce. She isn’t blind to what he is accused of, but $$$ speaks much louder to her.

34. Pau says:

To bad liberal Hollywood doesn’t feel the same way about Woody Allen

35. Nancy says:

Juries won’t convict rich celebrities or police officers who shoot young black men.

• Bill D says:

Nancy, without sufficient evidence, no they won’t. That is how the system was set up to provide justice.

36. JOHN says:

Lawyers win and the ppl lose

• Frances Gasparotto says:

I agree, John, no one wins in these cases – only the lawyers and the reputation of the people involved are in tatters – well said!