‘2 Broke Girls’ Canceled After Six Seasons at CBS

2 broke girls
Courtesy of CBS

Comedy series “2 Broke Girls” has been canceled after six seasons at CBSVariety has learned.

The series starred Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs as waitresses at a Brooklyn diner who one day dream of opening their own business. The only thing standing in their way is the fact they are dead broke. The series also starred Matthew Moy, Jonathan Kite, Garrett Morris, and Jennifer Coolidge. The series was co-created by Michael Patrick King and Whitney Cummings, with King and Michelle Nader executive producing. Warner Bros. Television and MPK Productions produced.

The series posted solid ratings throughout its run. Season 6 averaged a 1.3 rating in adults 18-49 and 5.6 million viewers per episode, airing mostly on Monday nights. It briefly moved to Wednesdays and Thursdays during its fifth season.

CBS previously renewed 18 of their series. The returning shows renewed to date include six comedies such as “Big Bang Theory,” “Mom,” and “Life in Pieces”; nine dramas including “Blue Bloods” and “Madam Secretary”; newsmagazines “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes”; and reality series “Survivor.” “Big Brother” was previously renewed for two more seasons back in August.

In addition, five freshman shows were part of the network’s early renewals: dramas “Bull” and “MacGyver;” and comedies “Kevin Can Wait,” “Man With a Plan,” and “Superior Donuts.” On the pilot side, the network has picked up dramas “SEAL Team,” “Wisdom of the Crowd,” “SWAT,” and “Instinct,” along with previously announced comedy order “Young Sheldon” and “9JKL,” “Me, Myself, and I,” and “By the Book” from executive producer and “Big Bang” star Johnny Galecki.

Canceled TV Shows in 2017 — What’s Not Returning
Canceled TV Shows in 2017 — What’s Not Returning

1. Rae says:

CBS is making a huge mistake cancelling “2 Broke Girls”. Get rid of Kevin Can Wait..in it’s place. If they had to bring back Leah Remini just to make it work, then … Kevin CAN wait! Bring back 2 Broke Girls. That is actually one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen… And, I’m 63 and my mother is 88 and we both love 2 Broke Girls. They are perfect together and we love them. It’s down to earth, relatable, a little naughty and they are the epitome of comedy! Bring them back!! They rank right up there with The Big Bang Theory!

2. Red says:

“The series posted solid ratings throughout its run.”

How in the hell did that happen?

3. Trinity says:

I only watch 2 broke girls…. It’s my favorite tv show so I’m very angry…. 😡😡😡😠😠😠

4. blake says:

Hopefully another network will pick it up

5. Jovet says:

Oh no. The world shall never recover from intellectual vacancy the cancellation of this “show” manifests.

6. Liberal snowflakes melt says:

I watched the first 2 seasons weekly then it became a weakly show so I quit…….

7. Lana says:

I will sign it for sure bring the show back I love it

8. ALICIA ANN CHOMO says:

I am so disappointed that 2 Broke Girls has been cancelled. It was truly an ensemble show with the supporting characters as funny and interesting as Max and Caroline. I would be interested in starting a petition to CBS to bring the show back, even as a mid-season replacement.

9. Ed says:

Can’t believe they would cancel this show. One of the best comedys on tv. Certainly better than kevin can wait and superior donuts!

10. Theresa says:

This is tragic to me, @ Broke Girls is the only series on tv that I watch. I was really looking forward to seeing what would happen between Max and Randy.

11. apres says:

I was hoping they’d finally get their cupcake shop up & running. Oh well . . .

12. tina gregory says:

Wtf!! Really. Just like Mike and Molly. Cancelled after they adopt. Those are real life dramas. Not no big bang theory.

13. holly says:

radio is better two broke twits thats why everything on is stupid music will never let you down

14. Lana says:

I’m so mad bring the show back 2 broke girls I love that show. I don’t care what other people think bring it back next season please😟

15. I think they lost a chance for a great last season.Even people who had stopped watching the show would come back to see Max’s wedding. Whether or not you like the show this is just bad business. Shows with an arc, that includes a final ending season, do better in the long run, both in syndication and streaming. Hulu? Netflix?

16. I watched the first show for about 5 minutes. The only thing that was entertaining was the cleavage the dark haired one so amply displayed. Never watched it after that first show. Surprised it lasted this long. I thought it was cancelled.

17. Occultology says:

The “show” is absolute dreck, but the two female leads were eye candy.

18. Alex says:

But where will I go to hear lame sex jokes?

19. Eugene Biggers says:

they should have canceled survivor. that show is so staged and phony it’s sickening

20. Dunstan says:

There is a God.

21. theliberalbuzz says:

Well that sucks. I was hoping for one more season to wrap up. HOPEFULLY NetFlix or Amazon or HULU can at least give us a last season to wrap it up.

22. PG says:

Six seasons too late, but it works for me.

23. Myra says:

I liked the show the first few seasons then it felt like Jennifer Coolidge’s Sophie became a bigger character on the show along with the relationship between her and Oleg. A little bit of Sophie would go a long way for me.

I stopped watching regularly after the 3rd season and watched occasionally after that.

24. philnolan3d says:

I have a love hate relationship with this show. Some of the gags are a little too “I Love Lucy” for me.

25. Steve says:

How this show ever got past season one will forever be a mystery. The definition of Hack writing.

26. Richard Parsons says:

I’ve worked my entire life in the restaurant industry and this show has always hit the mark. This is so sad.

• Steve says:

Fred, I’m in the Producers Guild, not my Mother’s basement. This show was garbage.

• Damon Tammas says:

The millions of people who watched it (and will continue to watch it in syndication) don’t care about your opinion any more than any other ‘critics’. And if you’re (actually) in the Producers Guild, their producers are WAAAAAAY more successful than you. Hater.

• stallings69 says:

But you’re talking to Richard, not Fred. Get off the internet, Grandpa Producersguild.

27. Sam says:

Just like ABC’s Last Man Standing. Both shows are already in syndication. They need to go along with Modern Family, Law and Order: SUV, NCIS, and True Bloods. These some shows are in syndication on more than one next work.

28. Tripp Fell says:

Thank you TV gods. This show is hands-down the most unfunny sitcom to ever make it past season 1. Even for CBS, which obviously has no qualitative standards whatsoever, this show is horrible. As in laughably bad (how ironic….) I cannot believe it lasted 6 seasons….