Taylor Swift Accuses DJ of ‘Grabbing My Ass’ in Court Testimony

Taylor Swift groping trial testimony
Jeff Kandyba via AP

Taylor Swift did not sugarcoat her testimony Thursday in the trial around a “horrifying and shocking” 2013 incident in which she claims a former radio DJ intentionally groped her.

“What Mr. Mueller did was very intentional,” Swift said, according to CNN, in answer to questions from Gabriel McFarland, an attorney for David Mueller, the radio host who was fired shortly after the incident. “I am critical of your client for sticking his hand under my skirt and grabbing my ass.”

The trial is examining an incident that took place during a meet-and-greet before a 2013 Denver concert in which Swift claims Mueller, then a DJ for KYGO, groped her buttocks; Mueller has steadfastly denied her claims and sued Swift and her team for $3 million in damages. Swift countersued for a symbolic $1, saying she wants the case to serve as an example and inspiration for victims of sexual assault.

Related

Taylor Swift groping trial mom

Taylor Swift’s Mom Accuses DJ — ‘That Guy Right There’ — of Sexual Assault in Day Three of Groping Trial

Mueller has maintained that he did not grope the singer. Swift’s attorney David Baldridge told the jury that Greg Dent, the singer’s bodyguard, testified in a deposition that he saw Mueller lift Swift’s skirt as they were posing for a photo. In cross-examination by Baldridge on Wednesday, Mueller admitted that his arm’s position behind Swift in the photo is “weird and awkward” and said his hand was touching the singer’s skirt, but insists that he never groped her. He said his hand was initially at the level of her rib cage and “apparently it went down.”

On Thursday, Swift maintained: “This is what happened, it happened to me, I know it was him,” Swift said. “I’m not going to allow you or your client to make me feel in any way that this is my fault, because it isn’t. I am being blamed for the unfortunate events of his life that are a product of his decisions and not mine,” she added later.

Related

Taylor Swift groping trial

Taylor Swift Groping Trial: DJ Says He May Have Touched Singer’s ‘Ribs’

When viewing the photograph at the center of the incident, Swift said, “Gabe, this is a photo of him with his hand up my skirt — with his hand on my ass,” she said. “You can ask me a million questions — I’m never going to say anything different. I never have said anything different.”

When McFarland asked the singer why the front of her skirt did not appear to be lifted in the phone, she said, “Because my ass is located in the back of my body.” McFarland also noted that Swift was closer to Mueller’s girlfriend, Shannon Melcher, who also appears in the photo, than him. “Yes, she did not have her hand on my ass,” Swift replied.

The trial is expected to last nine days.

Marketplace

1. Michael says:

So there was a body guard watching the whole thing? Yet this guy was not pummeled on the spot? I agree his hand is low but so far I have heard or seen nothing that makes her story believable. Most celebrities that would get assaulted at a meet n greet would escalate the situation immediately.

2. Glenna says:

Oh Miss Taylor Swift….You crack me up! The act. Nowhere near humouris, but your banter with DJs attorney is priceless! It is as if you are a hammer, DJ & attorney are a nail….the average “Joe” would need 5 or 6 hits to advance the nail thru designated object….but you are a grade A…Prime and professional carpenter that can knock the nail completely to the desired end position with one “TAP”! In summary: YOU RESPONED SO THAT YOUR WORDS HIT THAT F…ING NAIL ON IT’S M..F..ING HEAD!!

GET CH’A SOME!

quote of the year nominee: “…because my ass is at the back of my body…”.

3. Ken says:

“Because my ass is located in the back of my body.”

CLASSIC :-)

I bet Taylor thought: “Hmmm…they probably make a movie about me some day, so I better have some good lines for them…”

4. Lani says:

She’ll just write a song about it. “No grabbing my ass, Can’t grope me! I have money flowing in my ass like an enema of caffeine” D.J.Guilty,That’s what I call you.” LMAO

5. DougW says:

Nine days?!

6. taylor j says:

“did not appear to be lifted in the phone *(front). she said, “Because my ass is located in the back of my body,” Swift said. *(she said…Swift said…redundant)
      *Check grammar

7. 1Ronald says:

“…groped her buttocks” ??? Come on, Jem. Stop editorializing. Taylor said “grabbing my ass.” We never heard the word “groped” until the theocrats moved toward infiltrating the US government while violating the Establishment Clause of the US Constitution. And the singer’s bodyguard has no reliable testimony as would any paid staff of Taylor Swift. Noting that “Swift said. “I’m not going to allow you or your client to make me feel in any way that this is my fault” brings us to her losing case against Mueller. Straight from the horse’s mouth. Yes, Tay, it’s ALL your fault. And we got it that Taylor was closer to Mueller’s girlfriend. But still wants to whine. And make people believe her. I don’t believe there’s a jury in the country that wouldn’t give it to Mueller as a win. You have a 27yo female singer worth $280 million according to Forbes, who gets this dude thrown out into the street without a job. All this solely because of something she never saw but only guesses at by the dude’s close proximity to her just to get his picture taken. Wonder how Taylor would like a nationwide boycott of her music for such callous disregard for a man who needs to eat like the rest of us?

• CLH says:

Troll? You sound like you learned social media commenting from Russian or American (political) Influencers. Or Fakers.
        You’re not credible!

• Mel S says:

I’m rereading your comment and trying to follow your logic. How was anything presented in the article “straight from the horse’s mouth” that it was “ALL” her fault? It sounds like you’re a bitter old fool who is upset because a “27yo female singer” is “worth $280 million” and you’re not.

Let’s start with his track record: fired from two prior radio jobs and a “difficult” relationship with his boss at this one (his testimony from yesterday – straight from the horse’s mouth). Sounds like bad behavior is not outside of his norm.

I’m no fan of Ms. Swift’s work, but that doesn’t open the door to blaming her for someone else’s bad behavior.

• LuckyCharm says:

Life’s too short to pretend you don’t like a catchy Taylor Swift song.

• LuckyCharm says:

So what was she supposed to do, be silent and forever be haunted by it just because she’s “a 27yo female singer worth $280 million according to Forbes”. If Meuller didn’t want to end up on the streets he should’ve thought about that and the consequences before he groped her. He shouldn’t have assumed that she’d stay silent because it’s humiliating to testify. She was closer to his girlfriend because if someone’s groping you, you move AWAY from them. It is not her fault that he groped her, because it’s not her actions. She is NOT “whining” she is simply defending herself and what she believes in. However, on a big scale she is also serving as an inspiration and leader for everybody who have been sexually assaulted whether they’re worth $280 million or $1.

• LuckyCharm says:

• Mark says:

Classic victim blaming and in regards to a boycott, go for it, dedicate the rest of your life to leading it.

More Biz News from Variety